Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323536373839404142

Thread: Manchester City v Liverpool (Match Thread)

They had to put on their most committed performance to beat us by a goal......

The way they played was similar to how we played last year to beat them......

Even though we beat them they still won the league...
    This is our first loss of the season.....There really isnt any sense in blaming the players.

They beat us at our own game.....as long as we don't let any one else do that we'll win the league

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    They had to put on their most committed performance to beat us by a goal......

The way they played was similar to how we played last year to beat them......

Even though we beat them they still won the league...
    This is our first loss of the season.....There really isnt any sense in blaming the players.

They beat us at our own game.....as long as we don't let any one else do that we'll win the league
    Correct they were the slightly better team on the night no shame in that they are the best team in the country until someone takes the title away from them.

We struggled down our right hand side and it doesn't take an expert to work out that was the place to target and also Sane is a fantastic player and isn't easy to stop.

We battled very hard it wasn't enough last night and I agree with Carragher that City are still favourites but I was thinking a few months back if we are within one game of City after we played them i'd take that and at the minute we are still two games in front of them.

Brighton has to be a win and I don't care how we get it !

These things happen. City are a brilliant team on their day and last night they were the better team.
    But we're top of the league and City and Spurs have dropped points against lesser teams, so as the old saying goes " you won the battle but we'll win the war "

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    These things happen. City are a brilliant team on their day and last night they were the better team.
    But we're top of the league and City and Spurs have dropped points against lesser teams, so as the old saying goes " you won the battle but we'll win the war "
    These things do happen and but for fine margins we could have won or drawn, but I'm still a bit peeved that we abandoned December's 42x system in favour of an underperforming 3man midfield.

42x is the best system for us, 433 just robs us of that bit more.

I didn't have the problem with the system last night. Its not easy to control the game who ever we played.. Mancity just drop into spaces in between and have the technical control to pull it off. not many teams can..so that's something we will take advantaged off in games coming up. I wanted Milner to start on the right.. And Fabinho, but that's by the by
    Leader of all..master of none..

Thought we looked pretty awful last night by our own standards.

The ref didn't help as is to be expected but the formation played it's part too clearly imo

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Man-city may have won the battle, but we will win the war..
    Funny thing is in 13/14 the Liverpool v City game was viewed as the "title decider" and we did our bit by winning a great game of footie 3-2.

Did we win the League? No - we did not. This time around, City are the ones who have won the "title decider" - will they win the League? 17 games from now we'll know - but I'm sure they'd rather have the 4-point lead than the psychological boost given that the next set of League fixtures aren't immediate - we have a nice period of time to reflect and recover and prepare the task of putting Brighton to the sword without leaving our comfort zone, as has been the case for many of our games this season.

Win 2 or 3 League games on the spin and City will quickly forget the joy of a narrow win against their rivals and will instead feel nervous about the prospects of Chelsea and Arsenal. We just need to keep doing our business well and watch City run out of opportunities to catch us, week-by-week.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Funny thing is in 13/14 the Liverpool v City game was viewed as the "title decider" and we did our bit by winning a great game of footie 3-2.

Did we win the League? No - we did not. This time around, City are the ones who have won the "title decider" - will they win the League? 17 games from now we'll know - but I'm sure they'd rather have the 4-point lead than the psychological boost given that the next set of League fixtures aren't immediate - we have a nice period of time to reflect and recover and prepare the task of putting Brighton to the sword without leaving our comfort zone, as has been the case for many of our games this season.

Win 2 or 3 League games on the spin and City will quickly forget the joy of a narrow win against their rivals and will instead feel nervous about the prospects of Chelsea and Arsenal. We just need to keep doing our business well and watch City run out of opportunities to catch us, week-by-week.
    My thoughts exactly.......IMO that was their best performance of the season....we are just coming into our prime.

I don't think either team played anywhere near their best. They just controlled the midfield better than we did and we/klopp failed to identify and/or deal with their plan A when it comes to scoring, i.e. Sane or Sterling getting to the byline and cutting the ball back to one of their players.

This game just highlighted why the midfield three that started should never do so, why TAA needs to learn how to defend a bit better, and why we need someone in midfield who can 'control' a game, as well as another player who can and will offer us some creativity and attacking threat.

Having now been beaten, other teams will be more likely to 'have a go' when they face us. Some may say this is a good thing, but I'm not so sure. On the flip side, Man City will have clawed back that 'fear factor' that was lost during recent defeats, hence why I now expect them to go on a lengthy unbeaten run.

Really hope we manage to win the league.Mancity are starting to fking irk me. .their arrogance should be plenty of motivation
    Leader of all..master of none..