Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 58 123456781151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Title race, City, Pressure

The Title race, City, Pressure

So interesting that the media pre match were hyping up the fact that City will be playing first and will put his under pressure. Apparently we have played first the last 7 games. Pep also stated in his interview that they will he putting on the pressure on us. At the first opportunity to apply pressure they have failed. Also when they led by 2 points they lost the initiative rather quickly. So far we have kept our cool even though everyone out there is waiting for our blip. And apparently City will hon this amazing run.

City blew away teams trying to gain a psychological edge by showing us that they will smash the rest and I think Pep playing such strong teams and them deliberately scoring an avalanche of goals was a supposed message to us. I always felt beating a lower team 9-0 meant nothing. We all know the Premier League is tough. I think those results lulled them back into a sense of invincibility. What I have noticed of City in games this season thay they lack fight where it is a scrap. City either blow away teams or can be beaten at close quarters. They scored 28 unanswered goals in 6 matches and were never ready for a Tuesday night against a side fighting for their lives.

I love Klopp's one game at a time and we are not responsible for all the years the club have not won the League approach. I think that is the way. Less talk more action. Let's believe it is definitely happening.

City have lost 4 so far, and their recent losses to Palace, Leicester and Newcastle were all lost from winning positions, is that arrogance or mental fragility?

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    City have lost 4 so far, and their recent losses to Palace, Leicester and Newcastle were all lost from winning positions, is that arrogance or mental fragility?
    I tend towards thinking it's arrogance, which is something that has been a symptom of Guardiola's sides wherever he has managed. 99% of the time, Plan A does the job for City; much as it did with Barcelona and Bayern when he was there. But there are occasions where that hasn't worked, and the problem has been that Pep has never coached a side to play more than one way because he and his players have such a rigid belief in their primary style. Effectively, this means that Plan B is to try Plan A again and again in the assumption that it will work eventually.

Imo City on their day are a more skilful team than us.... but they are so good they get flustered if anyone puts up a fight.
    Klopp has bred a team of warriors!

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Fragility.......something I used to believe was our Achilles heel. I think last season was so easy for them that it has lulled them into a false sense of security.....where as the last few seasons have made us more battle hardended

Talk is cheap... I guess we will find out tonight IF we have the metal or not.

"Hope" the key word in our anthem - it's key for me.. Hope..

As in - I hope we do.

Watch Leicester play like rabid dogs tonight now vardy will no doubt be on the left attacking that weak area.
    get past them and its a big statement, but the pressure hasn't even started yet. wait till march / april as we get closer, and every fucker in the country is praying for us to choke. that's when our mettle will be really tested

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    every fucker in the country is praying for us to choke. that's when our mettle will be really tested
    Odd isn't it, even fans from random shite clubs are wanting City to win the league.

Are Liverpool that hated? Is not like we've been dominating for years and supported want to see someone else win something.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Odd isn't it, even fans from random shite clubs are wanting City to win the league.

Are Liverpool that hated? Is not like we've been dominating for years and supported want to see someone else win something.
    It's like I said. City are nothing. A nothing club. No history of any note - just an also ran with a Sheik pumping in endless funds.

Unless you are a kid you will know that Manchester City - or Shitty for short - were never even worth debating, they were comfortably less than Aston Villa are today.

On the other hand many folks are old enough to remember our total dominance over the league and even Europe. Many built up their hatred of us during the 70's and 80's.. Let's face it we used to win so often it became a bore to most..
    Last edited by Steveo; 30th January 2019 at 01:17 PM.

But we've got the whole of south east Asia and China rooting for us. Not to mention the Arab world.
    The haters are the Spurs, Chelseas and Utds of this world. i think lots of fans of prem clubs outside the top six, like us and love Klopp.