Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: The Title race, City, Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It is indeed shudder-inducing - but I love looking back at times when we've been less good - it's a really healthy way to take stock and embrace the journey - here we are competing for the two biggest trophies simultaneously, NOT 8 points behind 4th-place - and we've come so far that we essentially feel that we're not good enough - helps me enjoy it more!
    Well said Sid! Get in there!

YNWA
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Pablo Zabaleta feels title tension at Liverpool can help his former club Manchester City retain the Premier League trophy.

Plus yesterday on sky sports Rahim Sterling.

Hum , I'd say a few mind games.

Then pep saying both teams will drop points. Bollox he thinks he will win all 10 games.

We just get on with our football. And think, like every team , to win a game.

Fans are cruel, and hate success of others. I think people probably eant us to fail because of the long wait there is more pain.

Strangely I think in 2014 most wanted us to win.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Fans are cruel, and hate success of others. I think people probably eant us to fail because of the long wait there is more pain.

Strangely I think in 2014 most wanted us to win.
    We were more exciting in 2013/14, whilst this season we hold more of a threat going forward if we do seal the deal on no 19.

I think lots of fans would love to see us win it as we've done it the right way, or ar least in a way that they could match. We give hope to them

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    We were more exciting in 2013/14, whilst this season we hold more of a threat going forward if we do seal the deal on no 19.

I think lots of fans would love to see us win it as we've done it the right way, or ar least in a way that they could match. We give hope to them
    I wouldn't say WE were more exciting in that season. It may have appeared that way to the neutrals because of the amount of goals they saw in our games. The only difference now is, we can actually defend.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I wouldn't say WE were more exciting in that season. It may have appeared that way to the neutrals because of the amount of goals they saw in our games. The only difference now is, we can actually defend.
    Erm - we were a more exciting team to watch without doubt. Last year we were pretty dynamic to but you cannot lose a player like Coutinho and expect the aesthetic to continue at quite the same level.

Let's hope we go one better this year BUT even with our top class rear guard it will be close - that team with Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge Suarez & Gerrard was absolutely lethal. Less million mile an hour and better quality build up play...Better goals - just watch them...definitely more pleasing on the eye IMO at least..

Last edited by Steveo; 1st March 2019 at 06:57 PM.

I don't need to watch the goals, I saw them all at the time.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I don't need to watch the goals, I saw them all at the time.
    Then you should know mate.. It's not really much of a debate.. The quality of players was better but the manager was far inferior..

Even this season the best quality goal was from One of S''s Sturridge away at Chelsea..

I do not believe for one second if you put our front 3 now in that Rodgers side and replace SAS we would have gone so close. Suarez was on another level and Strirridge was only just behind that level.. we also had Gerrard, Coutinho and Sterling. As an attack that was the best we have had in a long long time. People pay to watch the attack - and thus I believe more neutrals favoured our game ( despite Suarez being hung out to dry by the media ) than do right now.
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st March 2019 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Then you should know mate.. It's not really much of a debate.. The quality of players was better but the manager was far inferior..

Even this season the best quality goal was from One of S''s Sturridge away at Chelsea..
    We are not talking about the quality of the players, we were discussing whether 13-14 team was more exciting than this one. Just because I don't think it was doesn't mean i'm wrong. It's what's called an opinion. And out of that team, there are only a few better than this one, my opinion again. Suarez Gerrard Coutinho

See above.

We had 2 lethal strikers... and some sublime creative attacking talent behind them. They were far more direct - less dependent on opposition mistakes and as stated above - more attractive to watch. It is just my olpinion but I don’t think it is even close
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st March 2019 at 07:38 PM.