Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now


Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 576

Thread: The Title race, City, Pressure

  1. #81
    Incidentally last game of our season v Wolves. Could be a repeat of 1976 and our 3-1 win v Wolves to pip QPR to the title by 1 point.

    Our 3 goals coming in the last 15 minutes. What a final end to the season.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Incidentally last game of our season v Wolves. Could be a repeat of 1976 and our 3-1 win v Wolves to pip QPR to the title by 1 point.

    Our 3 goals coming in the last 15 minutes. What a final end to the season.
    Remember that game well, fans were practically on the touchline
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    1,101
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

  4. #84
    “No plant grows as quick as expectations here,” he said, ahead of Wednesday’s home game with Watford.

    “With the first chance, you jump in and then see if it works out. Sometimes it does, sometimes not. This will not be our last, 100 per cent not.”

    It was a perceptive but timely response to criticism after successive goalless draws against Bayern Munich and Manchester United.

    “Do other teams perform constantly? They don’t,” he said. “Sometimes they have the result, but we don’t look at them in detail, we just see they are winning.

    “You only have this obsessed look on our football. Yes there were moments when I wish we would fly a bit more, but you don’t fly because you want to fly. You fly because you work for it.

    “The situation is new for a lot of people. Last year we fought so hard for the Champions League. Obviously it feels different to fight for the next level. You have to adapt to that but I think the boys adapted really well. Why is it such a problem for us to win 1-0?

    “When we win 1-0 we have to explain why we don’t fly or score like last year. If we draw we have to explain why we don’t win 1-0"

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13,188
    It's so obvious that Klopp feels we can challenge more seasons than not.

    Which is great. The 2015/16 season is only 3 years ago and we finished 8th.

    Mignolet our main keeper.

    Toure, Skrtel, Lovren, Sakho our main centre-backs.

    Clyne and Moreno our main full-backs.

    Henderson, Can, Lallana, Lucas our main midfielders.

    Benteke our 2nd-highest scorer with 9 goals - Sturridge, Coutinho and Firmino our other main scorers.

    Onwards and upwards.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,408
    Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    “No plant grows as quick as expectations here,” he said, ahead of Wednesday’s home game with Watford.

    “With the first chance, you jump in and then see if it works out. Sometimes it does, sometimes not. This will not be our last, 100 per cent not.”

    It was a perceptive but timely response to criticism after successive goalless draws against Bayern Munich and Manchester United.

    “Do other teams perform constantly? They don’t,” he said. “Sometimes they have the result, but we don’t look at them in detail, we just see they are winning.

    “You only have this obsessed look on our football. Yes there were moments when I wish we would fly a bit more, but you don’t fly because you want to fly. You fly because you work for it.

    “The situation is new for a lot of people. Last year we fought so hard for the Champions League. Obviously it feels different to fight for the next level. You have to adapt to that but I think the boys adapted really well. Why is it such a problem for us to win 1-0?

    “When we win 1-0 we have to explain why we don’t fly or score like last year. If we draw we have to explain why we don’t win 1-0"
    You can see WHY players want to play for the guy....

    This is an absolutely brilliant perspective. It's something I am guilty of all the time. Honing in on our faults and weaknesses - looking at them under the microscope - but only noticing the highlights from other clubs mainly through bitterness and a desperation that they will fail. This is precisely what happens when you focus on one thing rather than look at the whole picture..

    Great insight...

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's so obvious that Klopp feels we can challenge more seasons than not.

    Which is great. The 2015/16 season is only 3 years ago and we finished 8th.

    Mignolet our main keeper.

    Toure, Skrtel, Lovren, Sakho our main centre-backs.

    Clyne and Moreno our main full-backs.

    Henderson, Can, Lallana, Lucas our main midfielders.

    Benteke our 2nd-highest scorer with 9 goals - Sturridge, Coutinho and Firmino our other main scorers.

    Onwards and upwards.
    Shudder!
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You can see WHY players want to play for the guy....

    This is an absolutely brilliant perspective. It's something I am guilty of all the time. Honing in on our faults and weaknesses - looking at them under the microscope - but only noticing the highlights from other clubs mainly through bitterness and a desperation that they will fail. This is precisely what happens when you focus on one thing rather than look at the whole picture..

    Great insight...
    Totally agree with you mate
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's so obvious that Klopp feels we can challenge more seasons than not.

    Which is great. The 2015/16 season is only 3 years ago and we finished 8th.

    Mignolet our main keeper.

    Toure, Skrtel, Lovren, Sakho our main centre-backs.

    Clyne and Moreno our main full-backs.

    Henderson, Can, Lallana, Lucas our main midfielders.

    Benteke our 2nd-highest scorer with 9 goals - Sturridge, Coutinho and Firmino our other main scorers.

    Onwards and upwards.
    More or less klopp's team now. And see what we have already done, and are doing.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post
    Shudder!
    It is indeed shudder-inducing - but I love looking back at times when we've been less good - it's a really healthy way to take stock and embrace the journey - here we are competing for the two biggest trophies simultaneously, NOT 8 points behind 4th-place - and we've come so far that we essentially feel that we're not good enough - helps me enjoy it more!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29th January 2019, 11:00 PM
  2. 'The pressure is all on Man City'
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd January 2019, 01:02 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd January 2019, 09:51 AM
  4. 'Only a win keeps City in title race'
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 2019, 07:12 AM
  5. Pep warns Liverpool over title pressure
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27th December 2018, 01:31 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •