Thread: Interview with Dönitz and Speer

Interview with Dönitz and Speer

Two of the more important people in Nazi Germany. Found it interesting to see them in colour talking about their exploits during the war.

Etiam si omnes, ego non

Always amazes me how so few knew of the deathcamps. Been told allied forces had to walk German citizens through the concentration camps as they didn't believe the stories, when they could see the plumes from their homes.
    Dont know which concentration camps exactly and perhaps the story isn't true ?

I wouldn't be shocked if it were true.

Speer put it rather well - when you're in such a euphoric time it's hard to think critically and you miss things you otherwise would notice. Besides, I can imagine a fair few knowing about concentration camps, but on paper those things aren't that bad - criminals put to work. Makes sense right? How would they know just how inhumane the conditions were?

The Vernichtungslager - death camps - were another matter. There were very few on German soil (I think only two or three) and they attempted to hide them extremely well, so I could see people not noticing.

That's how I imagine it anyway.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non