Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172021222324252627

Thread: Summer 2019

Sounds like De Ligt is off to Barca. Oh well at least that means they won't come after Van Dijk. Not that anyone could afford him. His value has probably double since he signed

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Sounds like De Ligt is off to Barca. Oh well at least that means they won't come after Van Dijk. Not that anyone could afford him. His value has probably double since he signed
    As far as i've read he hasn't decided anything yet and won't until the end of the season, i think he'd be mental to go to Barca, about 4 of their best players are only going to be there another 2 seasons, take Messi, Busquets and Suarez out of Barca and there's nothing great about them and they'll never replace Messi and there's no guarantee or likelyhood their rebuild will make a side as successful, then he'll have wasted years of his career

None of our top 18 players are for sale, and with Werner and Brandt likely to be arriving to further improve us, who would really want to leave given how good we are and the football we're playing?
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 18th April 2019 at 06:25 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Where is this "Brandt likely to arrive" coming form? Matter of fact, where's the confidence about Werner coming from?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

If we knock Barca out of the CL De Ligt might have a serious rethink.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    As far as i've read he hasn't decided anything yet and won't until the end of the season, i think he'd be mental to go to Barca, about 4 of their best players are only going to be there another 2 seasons, take Messi, Busquets and Suarez out of Barca and there's nothing great about them and they'll never replace Messi and there's no guarantee or likelyhood their rebuild will make a side as successful, then he'll have wasted years of his career

None of our top 18 players are for sale, and with Werner and Brandt likely to be arriving to further improve us, who would really want to leave given how good we are and the football we're playing?
    Agree with you - they're excellent, but not at their absolute peak - we're entering the "prime" years of a cycle - we're a very attractive prospect to those who would think through such decisions thoroughly.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

We could probably do with one more midfielder, big ask and massive boots to fill, but since we went to that midfield of

Keita Fabinho Henderson

There is a substantial drop in our performance levels when Hendo's not in there, as we saw first half v Porto, to me it's the press, dynamism, creativity, defensive awareness and heart of a lion we miss, we need a player for rotation that can offer us that, really big ask though, Hendo's pretty unique, if we had a player that could do 75% of what he does who'd improve with time with our squad that's be a good start

Need that top class CB and a LB understudy

Really need those 2 top quality forward

You look at what the competition have for options CF Aguerro Jesus Wide forward Sterling, Sane Silva and Silva

We only have Mane, Bobby and Mo, we need those 2 top quality forwards because Sturridge, Origi, Shaq and Lallana aren't good enough or the right type of player

Think a CF like Werner with that lightning pace, finishing and creativity who can play further forward than Bobby in games where that suits or play left of the 3 for Mane would be absolutely perfect, we're strongly linked with him and quite a few who can play right or left forward or midfield, which is exactly what we need
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 19th April 2019 at 10:28 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”