Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 170 of 267 FirstFirst ... 70120160163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177180220 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2665

Thread: Summer 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Newcastle have done well in their first friednly I see.

0-4 against Wolves.
    Maybe so but they won't mind - they have landed one of the bestest managers in world football .

Last edited by Steveo; 17th July 2019 at 01:21 PM.

Well certainly one of the "biggest" managers at least.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

The BBC used that picture too... What's the betting the Journo or intern is from Sunderland..?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48953813

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The BBC used that picture too... What's the betting the Journo or intern is from Sunderland..?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48953813
    In fairness, Fat Head doesn't really have too many flattering photos to choose from.
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Wonder if we'll be the club that's spent the least this window?

(and probably earned the most last year from revenue champions league etc)

Everyone being "top reds" saying we don't need to sign anyone won't be saying that after we need fresh legs and rotation after 10-20 games, or if we pick up some injury's

Oh well, Adam Lallana is the new jesus

Why bother getting a few quality players or even just one when we're in this position and for once not losing our best players anyway, who wants to win the league eh? noone obviously

We'll probably have a big window next summer because one of salah firmino and mane will leave

Why we weaken the squad (ok players that left not great but still depth) and not improve it oh well we'll win everything anyway
    Last edited by Kev0909; 17th July 2019 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Everyone being "top reds" saying we don't need to sign anyone won't be saying that after we need fresh legs and rotation after 10-20 games, or if we pick up some injury's

Why bother getting a few quality players or even just one when we're in this position and for once not losing our best players anyway, who wants to win the league eh? noone obviously

We'll probably have a big window next summer because one of salah firmino and mane will leave

Why we weaken the squad (ok players that left not great but still depth) and not improve it
    In fairness Kev, the beard and hair are quite Godlike.
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Why we weaken the squad (ok players that left not great but still depth) and not improve it oh well we'll win everything anyway
    Nobody's being 'Top Reds', a few on here are saying that they are putting their faith in Jurgen. If he doesn't think the squad needs vast improvements then who are we to argue? There were plenty of 'bottom reds' on here last season slagging off Matip, Gini and Trent and those 3's contribution to the season didn't end out to bad now did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Nobody's being 'Top Reds', a few on here are saying that they are putting their faith in Jurgen. If he doesn't think the squad needs vast improvements then who are we to argue? There were plenty of 'bottom reds' on here last season slagging off Matip, Gini and Trent and those 3's contribution to the season didn't end out to bad now did it?
    Go on name names

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Did they? I thought matip played best he's ever done for us, trent had the odd bad game but he's young, I know Wij got a lot of hate from certain people but he was important part in my eyes

I just think we're being a bit too laid back personally, why stop now and not improve chances of winning the league if there's money there?

Who knows when one of our best players might leave? it happens often with us, why not make the most of keeping the squad together?

Baffles me but oh well

I don't think anyone really trusts our squad depth in our front 3 after a few injury's or just plain fatigued, they've had long summers too...
    Last edited by Kev0909; 17th July 2019 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Go on name names
    I'll put my hand up about Matip. I honestly can't remember a bigger turn around in one of our players in such a short space of time.
    He played a huge part in us winning in Europe plus doing so well in the league.