Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 111 of 180 FirstFirst ... 1161101104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1797

Thread: Summer 2019

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Clarity
    French academies are much better than most

If they could hold onto players then it would improve vastly

But the market is the EPL or Real Barça Juve

If they stayed in France they would develop the same as anywhere else.

To say other leagues are farmers leagues is very crass , and ignorant

A lot goes into developing youth, and giving them a chance to develop

Although percentages are of course low, who makes it. They have workshops for the u18s to find a new club in far away places like USA

I remember early 90s an Italian , big headed, talking about Serie A, saying how shit English football is.

And how it couldn't keep hold of its best talent. How the best talent developed further in Italy.

What a cock. Would love to stick his words right up his arse.

France exports footballers
    Brazil too

Why ? Money.

Not because they love fish n shit. Or the shite weather. Or the club. Or the Queen.

Money.

Plain and simple
    I dont think everyone hates Britain as much as you do. Came up with Oblak to united this food, culture and weather crack. Hes slovenian ffs and a multi millionaire. He'll live in a posh part of the city, likely have a top live in chef if he wants etc.
    The way some people go on youd swear the only way to get a foreigner to go to the UK is by paying them millions and millions.

I dont think the French league is a farmers league. Pl is most attritional, Spanish most technical and Italy most defensive/tactical. Outside of those 3 think Germany and France are somewhat similar though the germans slightly richer outside of Bayern/PSG.
    The French game or its produced players seem to be able to fit into the the bigger leagues and your list of players has clear quality amongst it.

The bemoaning the loss of players to money though plays it's part in the development of players. They are a selling league alright and that frees up places for developing talents and focuses their efforts on academies/development.

The English academies and youth setups seem to be doing quite well on the international stage presently. Big problem getting games in the pl at the bigger clubs though due to all the money.
    Sancho leaves city and a 100mill bl player- using media pricing. Chelsea lost a dearth of talent over the years too and farm them out to pretty rubbish leagues. While the stagnation at top clubs in the pl is a problem in their development

Clarity
    French academies are much better than most

If they could hold onto players then it would improve vastly

But the market is the EPL or Real Barça Juve

If they stayed in France they would develop the same as anywhere else.
    PSG's Champions League failures are a testament to that statement being untrue, players develop and get better through playing against and training alongside better quality opposition. PSG fail because they don't have teams of the sufficient quality to anywhere near prepare them for the rigours of the Champions League

A lot goes into developing youth, and giving them a chance to develop
    it is because of the standard of the league that they are able to give so many young players lots of first team opportunities and experience, teams in higher quality leagues can't do that, the level of competition is too high, they can't afford to put 2 or 3 untested youngsters into the side and let them develop and learn.

I remember early 90s an Italian , big headed, talking about Serie A, saying how shit English football is.

And how it couldn't keep hold of its best talent. How the best talent developed further in Italy.
    And they were right, English football was at it's lowest point for years in the early nineties and for a good few years of it, it was shit
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I really do not get all the furore surrounding Pogba. Real appear to be trying to buy him for £100m or more while it has now been claimed Utd are set to offer him £500,000 a week to stay. It would just sum them up if they repeat the Sanchez trick by paying an absolute fortune to a player who really can’t be arsed.
    What a club.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I really do not get all the furore surrounding Pogba. Real appear to be trying to buy him for £100m or more while it has now been claimed Utd are set to offer him £500,000 a week to stay. It would just sum them up if they repeat the Sanchez trick by paying an absolute fortune to a player who really can’t be arsed.
    What a club.
    Shall I say, I agree ... to be chummy

Hahaha

Man Utd , poor things

Well and truly off their perch.

Not even Fergie, or Fergie time , or the crass of 92 can help them .

He'll even Queen Eric is playing charity at the bridge.

What about that back healer from Roberto Carlos

Essien (Lyon and quality too/ already finished article) still can play a bit

That Lyon team early 00s should have won a Champions League
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

That Lyon team early 00s should have won a Champions League
    But like PSG the lack of genuine competition in Ligue 1 left them ill prepared for the rigours of the Champions League

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    I still can't believe we beat Barcelona 4-0 without Salah and Firmino. Watched the highlights again today, magic
    Was truly remarkable. Very few of us (me included) thought we could do it without them.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I thought we could
    Ask Noods

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    I still can't believe we beat Barcelona 4-0 without Salah and Firmino. Watched the highlights again today, magic
    I think their absence was why we were able to beat them, Barcelona already thought they'd won it, missing those 2 made them believe that even more, it also made us play very differently and unpredictably, there was never going to be our usual flow and pattern to our play, it was always going to be to attack when we could, where we could and with who we could, there was Origi whose lack of game time because he doesn't fit the system gave Barcelona no clue at all as to how he might fit in, same with Shaqiri, and it meant we had players getting into positions and arriving into the box who wouldn't usually be. Hendo rampaging into the box to create our opener as the furthest player forward? They were NOT expecting that, Gini arriving in the box for Trent's centre and then Shaqiri's cross? They were NOT expecting that either, they could have watched hours of footage and not seen either of those players getting into those positions regularly or at all in the situations they did arrive in them.

That Gini is shite
    Only gone and scored twice v Barcelona

Origi no class at all... Champions league semi double , and Champions League final scorer too