Thread: Summer 2019

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Origi gets games for the resale value.

Wilson, Kent, Grujic all to be sold.

Should bring in £50m+

Plus Sturridge, Moreno, Milner gone.

Another £15m in wages.

Expecting 3 new players from each area.
    Don't see Milner going anywhere, don't see 3 new players in each area, think 9 is too many to bring in and too disruptive anyway

I bet we bring in a top quality CB and a young LB and 3 forwards and possibly 1 midfielder, it won't be more than 5 or 6 coming in, a lot more out traffic, but many of them are on loan anyway
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 15th April 2019 at 12:43 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

So, top targets? Players to go after like Jurgen went after Van Dijk, Keita and Fabinho

For me it has to be De Ligt and Timo Werner, both are going to be available to the right suitor this summer

De Ligt is a player who would instantly improve our best 11, he would simply make an awesome CB pairing with Van Dijk and make an already miserly defence even better. It would give us more power in all areas, strength in the air from open play and attacking and defensive set pieces, greater pace, marking, defending and tackling ability and 2 players at CB who are great on the ball and can pick a pass

Why Liverpool? The chance to form the world's best CB pairing and line up alongside the world's current best CB and national team captain and partner. The chance to join a very special team, playing a very exciting and entertaining brand of football, with so many other class players all at a really good age to dominate domestically and in Europe for the next 5 or 6 years and beyond, rather than any other suitors the majority of which need a massive overhaul and are going to be completely unrecogniseable from the team they 'used to be' or are now in a couple of seasons as they're fading badly

Timo Werner can play right across the forward line, would make up a truly fearsome quartet of attacking players, the job with landingWerner is exactly the same as regards what a brilliant project and team at the right age, all on the up with an incredible manager he'd be joining compared to other suitors like Bayern or Barcelona, what's a little different and perhaps harder here is selling Werner on 4 top quality players for 3 positions sharing the games between them over a season as there'll be so many of them and that's what is necessary to compete for every trophy available. I'm sure a lot of modern players understand this, some others may need it selling to them

Any player with the chance to join Liverpool this summer has the opportunity of joining THE most dynamic team in world football right now and to be part of something truly special and amazing and a team and manager that can make history and rewrite record books, most of their other suitors are teams in decline in need of massive overhauls of at least 8 first team players over this summer and next and will be and in many senses already are completely unrecogniseable and a fading shadow of the team their reputation and allure was built on
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 15th April 2019 at 08:51 PM.

I'd really like to see Werner in Liverpool red.

He's somehow not signed for Bayern yet, so there might be some hope.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post

I'd take Kroos from Real Madrid.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post

Ideally Leipzig don't want to sell to a team in the same league

We've got good inside knowledge on De Ligt and Werner, players who know them, who have played with them and both are reported as saying they'd have an interest in working with Klopp

I'd love us to land this pair, Werner is German and in Germany he probably knows the extent of the rebuild needed at Bayern and that could take 2 to 4 seasons, like with De Ligt, would you really want to go to a club needing such a massive rebuilt, where you might have 2 or 3 different managers come and go and with no guarantee any of them will get the rebuild right, teams have their periods of dominance and success and can then fall away for several years before it comes back around again, it's happened to Barca and Bayern before and Real and United and us, it can take a couple of decades or more to come back around again if you're De Ligt or Werner do you want to risk wasting the best years of your career on that?

PS Dybala in addition to those 2 would be absolutely amazing, don't see Juve selling him though

I'd be happy with De Ligt, Werner the young left back from Bristol City and one more top class forward coming in this summer

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I'd take Kroos from Real Madrid.
    Fo sho. Bet he ends up at Utd though.
    A player in the number 10 mould is needed id say aswell as a striker, cover at LB and RB.
    Id like to see us sign De Ligt but hes apparentley favoured a move to Barca.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Fo sho. Bet he ends up at Utd though.
    A player in the number 10 mould is needed id say aswell as a striker, cover at LB and RB.
    Id like to see us sign De Ligt but hes apparentley favoured a move to Barca.
    We've got Gomez and Milner to cover at RB, think we have a good chance of De Ligt and Werner if Jurgen wants them and works his magic, good as he is in certain set ups, i don't see Kroos as a Klopp type player who'd readily fit our style, a false 9 like Dybala i think is what we need more towards our 18 top class players than a 10

De Ligt doesn't improve the first 11 for me, personally I don't think he's as good as Gomez - do we have 75m to spend on a backup?

I would be looking to add depth, improve on the likes of Moreno and Sturridge on the bench who we'll be letting go anyway. I definitely think we need cover for the following:

Left Back
    Right Back
    Wide Forwards

Ignoring anyone from the youth sides, or that will be returning from loan - I would be looking at Hirving Lozano, the mexican lad from PSV, Wan-Bissaka from Palace (although he would be expensive and probably looking to be a starter rather than share time with TAA), and maybe Sessegnon from Fulham who I don't think will fancy dropping back into the Championship.

For left back, I have no clue who might be available, but let's face it - Robbo has a strong shout to be the best in the world, so whoever comes in would be playing second fiddle to him.

I don't think this team needs very much doing to it, but we do need players who can come on from the bench and really make an impact when we do find that things aren't going our way. Or just when players aren't available for whatever reason, we want to be able to bring in a replacement who isn't a huge drop in quality.

My squad for next year would look something like this:

Keepers
    Alisson
    Mignolet (unless we can shift him, if we can then Karius instead)

Right Back
    Alexander-Arnold
    <New Signing>
    Gomez (emergency)
    Milner (emergency)

Left Back
    Robertson
    <New Signing>
    Milner (emergency)

Centre Back
    Van Dijk
    Gomez
    Matip
    Lovren

Midfield
    Henderson
    Keita
    Fabinho
    Wijnaldum
    Milner
    Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Lallana (unless we get rid, I wouldn't necessarily replace him if we did)
    Grujic

Forward
    Salah
    Mane
    Shaqiri
    Wilson
    <New Signing>

Striker
    Firmino
    Origi
    Brewster

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We've got Gomez and Milner to cover at RB, think we have a good chance of De Ligt and Werner if Jurgen wants them and works his magic, good as he is in certain set ups, i don't see Kroos as a Klopp type player who'd readily fit our style, a false 9 like Dybala i think is what we need more towards our 18 top class players than a 10
    Yeah I guess youre right about Kroos, he is quality though but probably out of the age bracket we shop for too.
    Not sure about how Dybala is doing now, he was on fire a year ago but seems to have gone off the radar. Hes constantly linked with a transfer out of Juve.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yeah I guess youre right about Kroos, he is quality though but probably out of the age bracket we shop for too.
    Not sure about how Dybala is doing now, he was on fire a year ago but seems to have gone off the radar. Hes constantly linked with a transfer out of Juve.
    That might be a very good thing, plus he's Argentinian, they always seemmto play with real passion and a fire in their bellies, maybe he's been shoved out of favour by Big head Ronaldo?

Left back wise we're strongly linked with 19 year old Lloyd Kelly of Bristol City, who can also play LCB where it's thought he'll eventually play in 3 or 4 years time, our scouts are said to have been highly impressed with him
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 16th April 2019 at 09:22 AM.