Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 122 of 279 FirstFirst ... 2272112115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2782

Thread: Summer 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    I can't see Lallana going anywhere, maybe the same for Lovren. Think Lewis, Larouchie (sp?!) and possibly Hoever will be used for cup games and maybe make the bench a few time if there is an injury crisis. Lewis could possibly go out on loan and if he did Jurgen will have to bring in a left back for cover.
    This is the last season he's under contract, so although I'm dreaming of a mid-table side over-paying and giving us £40m for an injury-prone (but English!) player, he probably sees out his contract.

Do hope we sell though. Nothing against Adam, can be a joy to watch when he does get to play, I just value the prospect of incoming money/wages off the bill for our continual growth more right now.

We're in the best position we've been in for a long time and every incremental percentage of improvement is worth chasing if we want to not only win a League title, but hopefully try to build a Dynasty again akin to 70s/80s Liverpool or 90s/00s United.

I want us to have 22 League titles before United have a 21st. I want us to start closing the frankly ridiculous gap on 13-times Champion's League winners Real Madrid.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Being perfectly honest I really wouldn't be at all confident going into the season relying on our current fringe players, ok if we have to call on them for a couple of games, depending which game, but far from good enough if we had to use them for a run of numerous games. I'm becoming increasingly worried we're set to let major rivals steal a significant march on us and close the gap on us considerably and potentially wasting the most glorious opportunity to consolidate our position and blow the competition out of the water we've had for over 30 years
    I totally agree. We can’t stand still.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    This is the last season he's under contract, so although I'm dreaming of a mid-table side over-paying and giving us £40m for an injury-prone (but English!) player, he probably sees out his contract.

Do hope we sell though. Nothing against Adam, can be a joy to watch when he does get to play, I just value the prospect of incoming money/wages off the bill for our continual growth more right now.

We're in the best position we've been in for a long time and every incremental percentage of improvement is worth chasing if we want to not only win a League title, but hopefully try to build a Dynasty again akin to 70s/80s Liverpool or 90s/00s United.

I want us to have 22 League titles before United have a 21st. I want us to start closing the frankly ridiculous gap on 13-times Champion's League winners Real Madrid.
    I seen a quote from him saying that he plans on staying here this season coming. I know it's not up to him but Jurgen likes him and if he can get fully fit and injury free then he could be of some use to us. He was one of our stand out players in Jurgens system when Jurgen first arrived. Seen a few glimpses of it last season (the closing down/setting up a goal against Huddersfield at Anfield and the move for Mane's goal against West Ham away spring to mind) but his fitness let him down.

Maybe Jurgen is going to spend big on one or tow players...

And Klopp speaking to German broadcaster ZDF via the Daily Mail admitted that he will spend this summer.

“Back when I was in Germany, Bayern had a bottomless pit of money, like £100m.

“In today’s market, that gets you one centre-back. So this bottomless pit of money is enough to buy one player in today’s world and that doesn’t even cover their wages.

“Maybe things were lost in translation but my point was, if we reach a point where football is solely about money and not football, then I’m leaving; and I still feel the same way about it.

“Liverpool is an ambitious club and if we didn’t spend the same amount of money as others, we wouldn’t be able to compete,” Klopp said.

“Everybody’s splashing the cash, so we have to do the same.”

About the bit in bold, why not say "Klopp speaking to German broadcaster ZDF" and leave it there?

I think he's just talking about the cash spent on Alisson and VVD.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Liverpool won't stand still.

97 points and Champions league winners with this squad.

Losing 2 players so far.

1 replaced by Brewster

The other maybe Lewis, or the young impressive franco-algerian Larouci.

Let's be realistic Sturridge and Moreno on the pitch are not going to be missed whatsoever.

Key targets , to improve the first team.

1 forward to take some pressure off the front 3.

- However, the front 3 want to play every game. So a 4th , could create disharmony.

Midfield 3, we already have 6.

- a creative midfielder, the fullbacks gave around a whopping 25 assists. Food for thought

The defence

- left back needs cover. Again a £45m left back won't sit on the bench. Unless you are only 1 club in the world.

We are actively looking , and targets are made, no desperate buying , for an unwanted unnecessary expensive purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I can't see there being too many changes, considering the season we've just had.
    Sadly I agree. However I remain optimistic that we’ll see some strengthening of the squad. My concern is that the front 3 will be knackered before a ball’s kicked, and fuck knows what they’ll be like by December.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Thought we might have gone for Sessegnon seeing as he didn't exactly storm it in his first PL season and might have been willing to come here and learn a bit more. Looks like Spurs are after him though.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Thought we might have gone for Sessegnon seeing as he didn't exactly storm it in his first PL season and might have been willing to come here and learn a bit more. Looks like Spurs are after him though.
    I wish he'd sign for someone. I'm sick of seeing his name in the gossip columns.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Had a long hard think about this, 'IF' we do land a top top class forward to rotate the four of them through 3 positions I think it changes what we need a little, I don't see M'Bappe happening, if it did, then maybe the forwards get more goals and assists between them than last season and the lack of goals and assists from midfield isn't an issue.

Fernandes would be a great signing, but, it depends on the forward we get as to whether or not we need him this summer, if we get that top top class forward who can play all 3 forward positions, then we can live without him, for this season even though at 24 he'd be a brilliant long term signing, given the age of a few players and that Lallana and Shaqiri will both be gone by next summer at the latest, so we'd need that player next summer whatever, my issue is, he won't be available then and will there be a player who is such a good fit and offers so much versatility in being able to play in 6 positions available? Probably not and also not forgetting that his purchase would add another captain to our ranks

Still, it is what it is, and the reason I wish we would/could offload Lallana and Shaqiri this summer, to bring some more funds in and free up some wages.

If we can get 25m plus for Lovren I think it's a no brainer to sell him and get another CB in who can defend as we do.

Then we have the full back issue, as Gomez can cover RB and LB and Milner can cover RB and LB then you think that maybe we'll bring a youngster or 2 into the squad for those positions and play them when we have the opportunity to. Don't see us signing a full back for big money, although Klopp might be tempted by Sessegnon as he can play LB/Rb LFWD/RFWD and Jurgen can probably develop him into a top full back as he has Robbo and Trent

New back up keeper if Migs is going
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 21st June 2019 at 04:39 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”