Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 174 of 279 FirstFirst ... 74124164167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2782

Thread: Summer 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    At least we are sharing our opinions openly in here without fear of being castigated for not being super fans. Good innit almost what a forum was made for..

Also why the feck does ANYONE and I mean ANYONE give a flying monkey about what is or isn’t said on a match day thread? Do they think the players read them?

Strange indeed.
    I may have brought that topic up. Constructive criticism is fine, some of the comments are way over the top. Of course they don't.
    I'm not a sheep, all views are my own.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    He's never been brilliant, and his goalscoring record is poor, but you can say the same about the rest of the midfield. We lost the 20 goals a season type when Gerrard left.
    Agreed. I have personally always like Hendo BTW - great guy and a model professional. Always wanted him to do well but more often than not my faith and hope was never rewarded. The fact is he is decent when he is on his game ( which is rare ) but never brilliant as you have said. It is perhaps as a captain that I feel he has been most culpable though. I just do not see a leader there and personally believe since January the 5th 2018 the real captain has been Virgil Van Dijk.

No he got plenty of stick and much of it was way OTT btw but he got it because he was by and large a non event. Awful in front of goal ( still is ) - constantly being targeted in possession hassled into mistakes, unable to lead or influence his team and generally being decidedly average.. go back and watch the games - there are too many to count..

Good performances were way too thin on the ground.

Credit where it is due - he did play a crucial part at the back end of this season but - that doesnít come close to making him a Brilliant player and Liverpool F.C. captain.
    You'd think hed have been replaced by now like. Hes a class player.

It took till January of last season before Moreno was replaced...? Moreno...! Will Sturridge be replaced? Was Suarez replaced .. Gerrard ( tough I know but we didnít even try ) ? This club only moves when a Karius feck up is witnessed on the world stage... We are slow... there was method behind that 5 year contract that Klopp himself thought strange.

Klopp seemed to be phasing Hendo out this season and was planning well ahead when he decided to buy Keita a year before his arrival. Credit to Jordan for managing to still get games BUT isnít that due to Ox injury - Keita ( injuries too ) and earlier on Fabinho not really turning up? Midfield isnít Kloppís strong point thus far - we achieved much despite a less than stellar cast in that area IMO, needing a ton from Full backs and front men.

A couple of injuries to the front 3 and are you backing Henderson to take up the slack...??
    Last edited by Steveo; 17th July 2019 at 09:52 PM.

At least we are sharing our opinions openly in here without fear of being castigated for not being super fans. Good innit almost what a forum was made for..

Also why the feck does ANYONE and I mean ANYONE give a flying monkey about what is or isnít said on a match day thread? Do they think the players read them?

Strange indeed.
    I have a theory.... granted not one of my better ones

It took till January of last season before Moreno was replaced...? Moreno...! Will Sturridge be replaced? Was Suarez replaced .. Gerrard ( tough I know but we didnít even try ) ? This club only moves when a Karius feck up is witnessed on the world stage... We are slow... there was method behind that 5 year contract that Klopp himself thought strange.

Klopp seemed to be phasing Hendo out this season and was planning well ahead when he decided to buy Keita a year before his arrival. Credit to Jordan for managing to still get games BUT isnít that due to Ox injury - Keita ( injuries too ) and earlier on Fabinho not really turning up? Midfield isnít Kloppís strong point thus far - we achieved much despite a less than stellar cast in that area IMO, needing a ton from Full backs and front men.

A couple of injuries to the front 3 and are you backing Henderson to take up the slack...??
    In the starting 11 I meant. Him and miner are the leaders of that team in midfield. Vvd and allison now too. Yes he hit a run of better form than previously once he moved to his proper position but even prior to the signing of fabinho ecowas easily our best dm too but was being wasted there. Didn't think he still had the legs to resurrect that rm role he played under Rodgers.

Agreed. I have personally always like Hendo BTW - great guy and a model professional. Always wanted him to do well but more often than not my faith and hope was never rewarded. The fact is he is decent when he is on his game ( which is rare ) but never brilliant as you have said. It is perhaps as a captain that I feel he has been most culpable though. I just do not see a leader there and personally believe since January the 5th 2018 the real captain has been Virgil Van Dijk.
    Tbh, I thought when Milner came in, they would have made him captain. But I suppose the decision had already been made in the season Gerrard was finishing.

And no a couple of injuries to front men hendeeon wont suddenly start banging in the goals. It's not his hame but then it's not any of our midfielders games.

Always remember lads, there's a reason we're posting on forums and not managing clubs !! 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Always remember lads, there's a reason we're posting on forums and not managing clubs !! ������
    It would be easier managing Liverpool than someone like Blackburn. They'd win more than they lost, even with me in charge.