Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now


Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 174 of 279 FirstFirst ... 74124164167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2782

Thread: Summer 2019

  1. #1731
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    9,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    At least we are sharing our opinions openly in here without fear of being castigated for not being super fans. Good innit almost what a forum was made for..

    Also why the feck does ANYONE and I mean ANYONE give a flying monkey about what is or isn’t said on a match day thread? Do they think the players read them?

    Strange indeed.
    I may have brought that topic up. Constructive criticism is fine, some of the comments are way over the top. Of course they don't.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

  2. #1732
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7,143
    Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    He's never been brilliant, and his goalscoring record is poor, but you can say the same about the rest of the midfield. We lost the 20 goals a season type when Gerrard left.
    Agreed. I have personally always like Hendo BTW - great guy and a model professional. Always wanted him to do well but more often than not my faith and hope was never rewarded. The fact is he is decent when he is on his game ( which is rare ) but never brilliant as you have said. It is perhaps as a captain that I feel he has been most culpable though. I just do not see a leader there and personally believe since January the 5th 2018 the real captain has been Virgil Van Dijk.

  3. #1733
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    offaly
    Posts
    12,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    No he got plenty of stick and much of it was way OTT btw but he got it because he was by and large a non event. Awful in front of goal ( still is ) - constantly being targeted in possession hassled into mistakes, unable to lead or influence his team and generally being decidedly average.. go back and watch the games - there are too many to count..

    Good performances were way too thin on the ground.

    Credit where it is due - he did play a crucial part at the back end of this season but - that doesnít come close to making him a Brilliant player and Liverpool F.C. captain.
    You'd think hed have been replaced by now like. Hes a class player.

  4. #1734
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7,143
    It took till January of last season before Moreno was replaced...? Moreno...! Will Sturridge be replaced? Was Suarez replaced .. Gerrard ( tough I know but we didnít even try ) ? This club only moves when a Karius feck up is witnessed on the world stage... We are slow... there was method behind that 5 year contract that Klopp himself thought strange.

    Klopp seemed to be phasing Hendo out this season and was planning well ahead when he decided to buy Keita a year before his arrival. Credit to Jordan for managing to still get games BUT isnít that due to Ox injury - Keita ( injuries too ) and earlier on Fabinho not really turning up? Midfield isnít Kloppís strong point thus far - we achieved much despite a less than stellar cast in that area IMO, needing a ton from Full backs and front men.

    A couple of injuries to the front 3 and are you backing Henderson to take up the slack...??
    Last edited by Steveo; 17th July 2019 at 09:52 PM.

  5. #1735
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    At least we are sharing our opinions openly in here without fear of being castigated for not being super fans. Good innit almost what a forum was made for..

    Also why the feck does ANYONE and I mean ANYONE give a flying monkey about what is or isnít said on a match day thread? Do they think the players read them?

    Strange indeed.
    I have a theory.... granted not one of my better ones

  6. #1736
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    offaly
    Posts
    12,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It took till January of last season before Moreno was replaced...? Moreno...! Will Sturridge be replaced? Was Suarez replaced .. Gerrard ( tough I know but we didnít even try ) ? This club only moves when a Karius feck up is witnessed on the world stage... We are slow... there was method behind that 5 year contract that Klopp himself thought strange.

    Klopp seemed to be phasing Hendo out this season and was planning well ahead when he decided to buy Keita a year before his arrival. Credit to Jordan for managing to still get games BUT isnít that due to Ox injury - Keita ( injuries too ) and earlier on Fabinho not really turning up? Midfield isnít Kloppís strong point thus far - we achieved much despite a less than stellar cast in that area IMO, needing a ton from Full backs and front men.

    A couple of injuries to the front 3 and are you backing Henderson to take up the slack...??
    In the starting 11 I meant. Him and miner are the leaders of that team in midfield. Vvd and allison now too. Yes he hit a run of better form than previously once he moved to his proper position but even prior to the signing of fabinho ecowas easily our best dm too but was being wasted there. Didn't think he still had the legs to resurrect that rm role he played under Rodgers.

  7. #1737
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    9,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agreed. I have personally always like Hendo BTW - great guy and a model professional. Always wanted him to do well but more often than not my faith and hope was never rewarded. The fact is he is decent when he is on his game ( which is rare ) but never brilliant as you have said. It is perhaps as a captain that I feel he has been most culpable though. I just do not see a leader there and personally believe since January the 5th 2018 the real captain has been Virgil Van Dijk.
    Tbh, I thought when Milner came in, they would have made him captain. But I suppose the decision had already been made in the season Gerrard was finishing.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

  8. #1738
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    offaly
    Posts
    12,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It took till January of last season before Moreno was replaced...? Moreno...! Will Sturridge be replaced? Was Suarez replaced .. Gerrard ( tough I know but we didnít even try ) ? This club only moves when a Karius feck up is witnessed on the world stage... We are slow... there was method behind that 5 year contract that Klopp himself thought strange.

    Klopp seemed to be phasing Hendo out this season and was planning well ahead when he decided to buy Keita a year before his arrival. Credit to Jordan for managing to still get games BUT isnít that due to Ox injury - Keita ( injuries too ) and earlier on Fabinho not really turning up? Midfield isnít Kloppís strong point thus far - we achieved much despite a less than stellar cast in that area IMO, needing a ton from Full backs and front men.

    A couple of injuries to the front 3 and are you backing Henderson to take up the slack...??
    And no a couple of injuries to front men hendeeon wont suddenly start banging in the goals. It's not his hame but then it's not any of our midfielders games.

  9. #1739
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    11,564
    Always remember lads, there's a reason we're posting on forums and not managing clubs !! 😂😂😂

  10. #1740
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    9,331
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Always remember lads, there's a reason we're posting on forums and not managing clubs !! ������
    It would be easier managing Liverpool than someone like Blackburn. They'd win more than they lost, even with me in charge.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Similar Threads

  1. Loan Watch 2018 / 2019
    By Clungeman in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 13th March 2019, 07:19 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th February 2019, 06:43 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th January 2019, 02:10 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th December 2018, 08:20 PM
  5. Pundits' Player for 2019
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th December 2018, 08:05 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •