Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 57 of 278 FirstFirst ... 74750515253545556575859606162636467107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2019

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Barca have signed De Jong from Ajax for £50-60m rumours are Griezmann too so thats £160m for two players.

Add De Ligt that would be £220m on 3 players with nobody being sold no doubt they will sign someone else.
    Aren't they keen on selling Coutinho and Um-titties and offloading the likes of Vermaelen, who is bound to be on decent wages?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

They wont fetch that much money in surely nobody will pay £100m for Coutinho.

De Ligt will go to Barca same style football as Ajax and pretty much nailed on trophies.

City will be looking for a CB now Kompany has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Kompany leaving city...

that's a 100m bid for koulibaly then
    as soon as I saw that, I thought "De Ligt" - City are bound to try for him

Apparently (from The Echo) we've come out and said we are not looking to sign De Ligt in this window, well, that's damned bad news, I did have some reservations about him for the fee, didn't look very clever in Ajax's capitulation v Tottenham and really should have slid across and blocked Moura's winner, although he does have the tools to be great, I think that's just an Ajax system issue.

Hope to God this doesn't mean we're keeping Lovren, he's the reason we lost to City and when he played v Newcastle he had to be subbed, just cannot see how we can keep him on on 100k plus when he's fourth choice, makes no sense to me whatsoever
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Matip has been excellent in the second half of the season and Joe Gomez can be every bit as good as De Ligt, so not too bothered if we don’t sign him.
    I will be bothered however, if Lovren is still a Liverpool player come the end of this transfer window.

I didn't think we'd sign him as Klopp has pretty much said no big name signings are going to be made.

I would hope Lovren leaves but Klopp seems to like him its not just the mistakes he makes he is never fit either.

Werner/Brandt are possible signings as the fees are fairly low in the transfer fee madness we are seeing.

If Gomez, VvD and Matip are fit, it’s hard to see how Lovren gets a game, but Klopp does seem to have an inexplicable like for him. He has looked better alongside Virgil (who wouldn’t?), but still nowhere near good enough.

On a positive note James Pearce just tweeted that Karius is now happy and settled at Besiktas.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    If Gomez, VvD and Matip are fit, it’s hard to see how Lovren gets a game, but Klopp does seem to have an inexplicable like for him. He has looked better alongside Virgil (who wouldn’t?), but still nowhere near good enough.

On a positive note James Pearce just tweeted that Karius is now happy and settled at Besiktas.
    Positive for LFC? or for Besiktas?
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post

Needs to bin Lovren off, he's on 100k a week, and when he does play he's garbage, I also will not be happy if Lovren's still here next season, I cringe when we take off an attacker and bring him on as an extra centre back to 'sure things up' as he's so error prone.

His problem is that he's slow to react and even moreso that he isn't 'brave' he won't play right on a big forward like Van Dijk, Matip and Gomez do and get ahead of them to win the ball or header, he just won't do it, he doesn't hold Virgil's line, he's always deeper by a yard, he's not brave enough, just please please get rid of him
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Apparently (from The Echo) we've come out and said we are not looking to sign De Ligt in this window, well, that's damned bad news, I did have some reservations about him for the fee, didn't look very clever in Ajax's capitulation v Tottenham and really should have slid across and blocked Moura's winner, although he does have the tools to be great, I think that's just an Ajax system issue.

Hope to God this doesn't mean we're keeping Lovren, he's the reason we lost to City and when he played v Newcastle he had to be subbed, just cannot see how we can keep him on on 100k plus when he's fourth choice, makes no sense to me whatsoever
    Good news for you after all Nineteen. #itson

https://www.anfieldhq.com/liverpool-reportedly-in-talks-to-sign-matthijs-de-ligt/
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!