Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2730313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Brexit thread 2 Electric Boogaloo

On the flipside Noods, if they start a project that'll only pay dividends in 20 years, they'll get booted at the next election because those funds weren't used to improve the lives of people here and now.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

That's just another way of saying what I said i.e. they care more about not getting 'booted' at the next election rather than doing what is best for the long term benefit and wellbeing of the general public.

Both short and long term policies are needed, but only the latter is of any concern to these "here today, gone tomorrow" politicians who care for naught except themselves and those they have dealings with.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Politicians only care about the here and now because they know that they won't be around/in power for long. First and foremost they do as much as they can in the time they get to feather their own nest, and secondly they make short term decisions because they know they won't be around to deal with any of the consequences that arise from any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    On the flipside Noods, if they start a project that'll only pay dividends in 20 years, they'll get booted at the next election because those funds weren't used to improve the lives of people here and now.
    That's just another way of saying what I said i.e. they care more about not getting 'booted' at the next election rather than doing what is best for the long term benefit and wellbeing of the general public.

Both short and long term policies are needed, but only the latter is of any concern to these "here today, gone tomorrow" politicians who care for naught except themselves and those they have dealings with.
    You cynics, you!
    Cannot disagree with a word you said.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    You cynics, you!
    Cannot disagree with a word you said.
    Apart from me saying "the latter" rather than "the former", which is what I meant to say.

It's not the same Noods - I don't think this is solely down to the evil politicians. I think the public is largely at fault too.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

It's not the same Noods - I don't think this is solely down to the evil politicians. I think the public is largely at fault too.
    I was going to mention the public but It goes/went without saying that the majority of them are morons who can't think further than their next meal.

Then it is the same!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I was going to mention the public but It goes/went without saying that the majority of them are morons who can't think further than their next meal.
    Politicians lie, and the majority of the public are morons.
    What does that say about democracy?

It's a bad system, but it's the best we've got. Or whatever Churchill supposedly said.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

The public too want here and now.

Not thinking about the future; climate, demographics, economy, it's all about a quick fix.

Which eventually you pay for.

A long term plan is needed for health, economy, and education.

Instead of short term thinking , filling the health service with ex-pat Europeans.

If you want Great Britain, the public must invest in British education for doctors , nurses and dentists.

I just read an article about dentistry situation in the UK today , catastrophic. . Already 20 years ago when I took my nephew to the nhs local dentist he was 'take care of' by what i can only describe as a 'nazi style dentist' , can I say that ... ?

So Britain ... if you want Great Britain. Help Brit families, help Brits get high level diplomas; instead of getting it on the cheap from Africa, China , or elsewhere.