Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1518192021222324252627282930313235 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit thread 2 Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    some say far more corrupt
    Why doesn't that surprise me.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

The chancellor of the exchequer threatens to quit if Boris gets in, Sir Alan Duncan of the foreign office already just did quit in protest against Boris, it's a bit fking late in the day to realize he might get in, it's been going on for ages

It's sad to see that our country is being "run" by these toddlers with their tit-for-tat mentalities and petty, pocket-filling ways...

I'm sick of being lied to. Do we really have much of a choice? If we only ever get to choose between a bunch of bad options (liars and corrupt mf's) then how on earth is this an effective democracy?

There is no system that favours the everyday people. They just create the illusion of choice in order to keep us all ticking along in order and making them money. IT'S DISGUSTING.

Quote Originally Posted by OhhEnnEmm View Post
    It's sad to see that our country is being "run" by these toddlers with their tit-for-tat mentalities and petty, pocket-filling ways...

I'm sick of being lied to. Do we really have much of a choice? If we only ever get to choose between a bunch of bad options (liars and corrupt mf's) then how on earth is this an effective democracy?

There is no system that favours the everyday people. They just create the illusion of choice in order to keep us all ticking along in order and making them money. IT'S DISGUSTING.
    welcome to the forum, and the real world
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    welcome to the forum, and the real world
    The real world. Left wing ideologies appeal to emotions and lack a sound basis philosophically.
    People refuse to see it as they absolutely hate the idea that proper rightwing ideologies are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    The real world. Left wing ideologies appeal to emotions and lack a sound basis philosophically.
    People refuse to see it as they absolutely hate the idea that proper rightwing ideologies are the best.
    Depends on what you mean by proper right wing I guess. If it's ethnonationalists, I'm not a huge fan.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

We are emotional beings not robots (yet)

A nation is essentially made up of millions of homes.

Every home I have ever been a part of, grown up in, visited, lived in or shared, is essentially run according to a "left wing" model of family, sharing, looking after each other, every person contributing according to their ability and receiving according to their need. Every family worthy of the name operates in this way.

This then extends out into the street, villages, tribes (look how the surviving indigenous tribes of the world live)

So perhaps the problem comes when humans try to live in groups of more than a few hundred people.

Suddenly there are people we don't know, strangers, and we look at each other differently (or not at all) and treat each other differently, and loving each other and sharing is no longer 'practical' and there are profits to be had, and right wing ideologies are best for that.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    We are emotional beings not robots (yet)

A nation is essentially made up of millions of homes.

Every home I have ever been a part of, grown up in, visited, lived in or shared, is essentially run according to a "left wing" model of family, sharing, looking after each other, every person contributing according to their ability and receiving according to their need. Every family worthy of the name operates in this way.

This then extends out into the street, villages, tribes (look how the surviving indigenous tribes of the world live)

So perhaps the problem comes when humans try to live in groups of more than a few hundred people.

Suddenly there are people we don't know, strangers, and we look at each other differently (or not at all) and treat each other differently, and loving each other and sharing is no longer 'practical' and there are profits to be had, and right wing ideologies are best for that.
    spot on, can't disagree with your logic

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Depends on what you mean by proper right wing I guess. If it's ethnonationalists, I'm not a huge fan.

I wouldn't say ethnonationailsm is a right or left wing ideology, more a conception of what a nation should be ethno/civic/lingual/noneofthose. Imo none of those is the worst outcome.
    Think it's an area of human nature more so to a point. Though it is politicised in modern culture wars/politics. Not sure I should expand further on this issue.

I wouldn't say ethnonationailsm is a right or left wing ideology, more a conception of what a nation should be ethno/civic/lingual/noneofthose. Imo none of those is the worst outcome.
    Think it's an area of human nature more so to a point. Though it is politicised in modern culture wars/politics. Not sure I should expand further on this issue.
    "Look after your own" comes to mind.
    Household, Family, Neighbourhood, Village/Town/City, County/Area, Country. Mostly tribal if you think about it.