Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1417181920212223242526272829303134 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit thread 2 Electric Boogaloo

@CC

That was the coefficient that measures how much someone is annoyed that they're well off but the neighbour is better off?

@Noods

Is knife crime really that bad in the UK? And what is being / do you think should be done to fix it? Was just in London last week and the mate I was visiting told me there were relatively central places he'd be scared to walk around it past 10 or so o'clock. Now I know life in provincial Germany has spoiled me (wouldn't be scared to walk home through the unlit park next to my abode completely pissed in the middle of nigh) and you can't really make a big city feel as safe as a small one, but surely that's a pressing issue for the supposed capital of the financial world?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    @CC

That was the coefficient that measures how much someone is annoyed that they're well off but the neighbour is better off?

@Noods

Is knife crime really that bad in the UK? And what is being / do you think should be done to fix it? Was just in London last week and the mate I was visiting told me there were relatively central places he'd be scared to walk around it past 10 or so o'clock. Now I know life in provincial Germany has spoiled me (wouldn't be scared to walk home through the unlit park next to my abode completely pissed in the middle of nigh) and you can't really make a big city feel as safe as a small one, but surely that's a pressing issue for the supposed capital of the financial world?
    1) Not how I'd put it, but yes the bom bom bom bom bom bom Gini coefficient is the common measure.

2) for a computer nerd you're lazy

While German knife crime has increased 900% in the last decade, according to one likely right wing source. London's knife crime with injury rates exceed the entire country of Germanys.

London is now approaching a homicide rate equivalent to New York. New York is still ahead but has been decreasing the murder rate over the last 2 decades significantly. London on the up.
    While London is out there as one of, if not the most common acid attack regions in the world, according to survivor groups stats.

I saw one report trying to put a lot of knife crime down to gangs. Gang on gang violence is one thing, but a gang initiation test of stabbing the next random passer by is fking sick.

The Pomeroy train stabbing was horrific, stabbing an unarmed man in self defence? On camera. And pleading manslaughter. With a straight face. I mean who carries a knife? Keys, wallet, phone, oh hang on I forgot my blade

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    2) for a computer nerd you're lazy
    You have no idea. It's a gift.

Here though I wanted to hear how someone who lives in the country feels. I know it's statistically really bad and have heard the NY comparison more than once before.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Deutsche bank not looking good and a developing story. While our new, to be head of the ECB played her part in getting Venezuela to give up Assange for IMF loans which she has stepped away from in order to come to the ECB.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    I saw one report trying to put a lot of knife crime down to gangs. Gang on gang violence is one thing, but a gang initiation test of stabbing the next random passer by is fking sick.

The Pomeroy train stabbing was horrific, stabbing an unarmed man in self defence? On camera. And pleading manslaughter. With a straight face. I mean who carries a knife? Keys, wallet, phone, oh hang on I forgot my blade
    Violent crime is just another knock on effect of Reganomics, I hated how the Tories followed the dangerous broken American model literally from the moment I could see it happening as a young teen. I remember that time coincided with American Donahue style shows first appearing on UK TV, it was always pretty logical to me even as a 12 year old, looking at programs like that, seeing elements of their society and the different additional tiers in it caused by it that we didn't really have or were very rare that following such an obviously broken model would lead to the same problems developing in our society.

There were loads of things that were obvious, excuse for privatisation, "It's not cost effective to be owned and run by the state loses lots of money and is costing the tax payer too much" oh really? So, this business that loses so much money and is impossible to run profitably when all the profits are going back to the state is going to attract loads of investors who'll all be looking for significant returns on their investments? Yes of course it's impossible for it to make money and completely unworkable. Just makes no sense whatsoever, it's an obvious lie, like David Kelly's alleged suicide. You just look at it, man charged with doing WMD reports on Iraq, put under incredible pressure to say there were or potentially were, sticks to his morals and principals and reveals there is no evidence of any at all, then tops himself? Such an obvious lie, had Kelly lied to support a false and illegal war, then topped himself following the aftermath of his actions, you could think, maybe, but it's so ridiculous.

UK Prime Minister Tony Blair's government set up the Hutton Inquiry, a public inquiry into the circumstances surrounding Kelly's death. The inquiry concluded that Kelly had committed suicide, with the cause of death as "haemorrhage due to incised wounds of the left wrist" in combination with "coproxamol ingestion and coronary artery atherosclerosis". Lord Hutton also decided that evidence related to the death, including the post-mortem report and photographs of the body, should remain classified for seventy years
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 19th July 2019 at 04:26 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Deutsche bank not looking good and a developing story. While our new, to be head of the ECB played her part in getting Venezuela to give up Assange for IMF loans which she has stepped away from in order to come to the ECB.
    What did Deutsche Bank do this time?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

What did Deutsche Bank do this time?
    Well outside of say criminal banking its constantly been looked at as the most volatile and risky big bank going. Share prices collapsed and potentially the next Lehman brothers. No banker obviously, but it would seem the Brits and yanks cleaned out their issues far better than the eu going off articles/reports

What do you make of the EU's top brass ?
    Last edited by CCTV; 19th July 2019 at 11:43 PM.

Don't really know much about them - would assume they're about as corrupt as anyone else.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Don't really know much about them - would assume they're about as corrupt as anyone else.
    some say far more corrupt
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief