Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1922232425262728293031323334353639 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the world News

The hope we have is that things will be not "better" but just less shit. Hope is all it is though as the Tories will continue to shit on vulnerable people, decimate education and public services and working families, aswell as increase the debt.
    Pretty much their mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    So... where do they start to make Britain great again?
    Yeah I've often wondered that. Its always trotted out by the people who voted leave.
    Great? When were we ever great? When we pillaged countries and enslaved natives?
    If you ask the people who say that they wont have a clue. Its just a stupid phrase coined by arrogant Englanders. Probably the types that boo their own players at Wembley and want all the foreigners to go home except for if they were performing a life saving operation on their child.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The hope we have is that things will be not "better" but just less shit. Hope is all it is though as the Tories will continue to shit on vulnerable people, decimate education and public services and working families, aswell as increase the debt.
    Pretty much their mantra.
    And how exactly would you postulate they decrease the debt ?

It amazes me how it's only ever right wingers who suggest scrapping the federal reserve or bank of England and return to a publicly owned institution.
    As far as I can tell the only way to reduce national debt is to run a decent surplus which would come at some cost to the citizens. If the national debt was to be cleared entirely there would most likely not be a single pound in circulation and as it works likely with every penny taken from the economy there would still be a debt to pay arising from interest.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    And how exactly would you postulate they decrease the debt ?

It amazes me how it's only ever right wingers who suggest scrapping the federal reserve or bank of England and return to a publicly owned institution.
    As far as I can tell the only way to reduce national debt is to run a decent surplus which would come at some cost to the citizens. If the national debt was to be cleared entirely there would most likely not be a single pound in circulation and as it works likely with every penny taken from the economy there would still be a debt to pay arising from interest.
    Im not an economist or a politician but the Tories are the party who 9 years ago at the start of their austerity (which targeted vulnerable people (fit to work!), education and pretty much every service working class people and below rely on etc )said the defecit would be gone by 2020. Its tripled.
    Their budget for education has been rediced year on year. If a govt isnt going to invest in its education what chance is there?

Yeah I've often wondered that. Its always trotted out by the people who voted leave.
    Great? When were we ever great? When we pillaged countries and enslaved natives?
    If you ask the people who say that they wont have a clue. Its just a stupid phrase coined by arrogant Englanders. Probably the types that boo their own players at Wembley and want all the foreigners to go home except for if they were performing a life saving operation on their child.
    Agree on that.
    Everyone has an opinion
    Everyone is a hypocrite
    Everyone points the finger elsewhere

Question maybe, what can everyone living in GB (NOW) bring to improve the ailing great BRITAIN.
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

I'd agree that everyone has an opinion, but not that everyone is a hypocrite or points the finger elsewhere. Most/an increasing number of people may be one or both of those things, but there still are a few of us who like dealing in truths even if that means accepting some painful truths about ourselves and our communities/sections of society.

The trouble is that people don't want to hear the truth because it shows them and/or their sections of society in a bad light, so they instead constantly try to shift the blame elsewhere effectively brushing said issue under the carpet where it can lay unchecked, festering over time to a point where it's too big to be dealt with.

Im not an economist or a politician but the Tories are the party who 9 years ago at the start of their austerity (which targeted vulnerable people (fit to work!), education and pretty much every service working class people and below rely on etc )said the defecit would be gone by 2020. Its tripled.
    Their budget for education has been rediced year on year. If a govt isnt going to invest in its education what chance is there?
    Typical politicians, make promises and fail to deliver.
    It looks at the moment as though tories will win the general election. Five more years of those selfish twots destroying the parts of the UK they don't agree with.
    God help us all.

Wow labour decimated. What does this mean for you guys going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Except for such a Labour stronghold as is Liverpool.....unfortunately it has been this way of thinking that has kept Liverpool as being one of the most depressed cities in the UK for at least the last 50+ years

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I genuinely think Labour lost because of their leadership, Corbyn and Abbott. Corbyn has resigned, if Abbott does likewise then Labour with new leadership should do well. The party needs to listen to its membership and voters. Labour would, I believe, have won this GE if it had good eadership.
    Tory press didn't help obviously. I didn't vote Labour because of their apparent support of terrorism.