Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the world News

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Still a big difference between the 2 claims regarding Europeans yours 50% and mine 75% of the yanks on individual consumption.
    I was quoting the wiki list I linked, did I misread it? I do see they are slightly different stats.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Not only would a video call be less glamorous, it wouldn't be carbon neutral either. (I'm still not arsed about the carbon argument, I think it's a red herring)

I don't think Greta Thunberg or Extinction Rebellion have the solutions, bless em, but if climate change is a thing then we need people like them to push for solutions because politicians won't budge otherwise.

Politicians care about power and money. Like I said if someone comes up with a solution to environmental problems that actually makes a profit then we're saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    True story, a trucking firm my Father used to work for started producing it's own bio diesel and converted all their trucks to use it, the government then demanded they pay a ridiculous sum of money (in the millions) to license themselves as a fuel provider or some such thing or face a fine of similar amount, it ended the company.

It's a very dirty world we live in, a few people with a lot of money and a lot of future money in fossil fuels have been killing things like this for decades. I watch ID and CID quite a bit and there were a couple of murders on there that were hits on scientists inventing new energy sources that didn't use fossil fuels, it's been going on for decades, hits were rare, threatening the scientists or their families to sell their research to the fossil fuel companies so they could bury it was very common. We likely could have had electric cars as good as those coming out now at least 20 years ago.
    1 without having a go at you, 19X, I thought the youtube/video stated biodiesel could be used in diesel cars without conversion.
    2 my father (RIP) worked in a company that built electric milk floats in the 1970s - the company started production much earlier, Morrison Electricars. The company ceased production in 1983
    link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_float#targetText=A%20milk%20float%20is%20a,we re%20operated%20by%20local%20dairies.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Greta Thunberg has arrived safe and sound in New York aboard the good ship carbon neutral, having avoided a mid Atlantic drone strike from the Illuminati

Her being young and female does seem to bug the elderly white men who preside over this planet, sure you'll enjoy this CCTV :-)

BBC News - Greta Thunberg: Why are young climate activists facing so much hate?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-49291464

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Not only would a video call be less glamorous, it wouldn't be carbon neutral either. (I'm still not arsed about the carbon argument, I think it's a red herring)

I don't think Greta Thunberg or Extinction Rebellion have the solutions, bless em, but if climate change is a thing then we need people like them to push for solutions because politicians won't budge otherwise.

Politicians care about power and money. Like I said if someone comes up with a solution to environmental problems that actually makes a profit then we're saved.
    It would be less than the numerous transatlantic flights made by the vessels crew.

If you're not arsed about the carbon argument, wouldnt you think shes rattling on for no reason?

Greta Thunberg has arrived safe and sound in New York aboard the good ship carbon neutral, having avoided a mid Atlantic drone strike from the Illuminati

Her being young and female does seem to bug the elderly white men who preside over this planet, sure you'll enjoy this CCTV :-)

BBC News - Greta Thunberg: Why are young climate activists facing so much hate?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-49291464
    Lolz

Pity they couldn't answer their own question
    The answers are pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    It would be less than the numerous transatlantic flights made by the vessels crew.

If you're not arsed about the carbon argument, wouldnt you think shes rattling on for no reason?
    No, I think her reason for rattling on is that she's gone to school, learned some science, heard some scientists say the planet is in trouble, seen some evidence on the news, got scared, thought politicians don't care and aren't doing enough and then thought what's the point of going to school if we've got no future, and she's called the politicians out on their inaction. To which I say fair fucks to her.

Like I said I don't agree with her on everything and I don't think she got the solution but if we're going to change the world we need people to stand up and demand change.

And I do believe politicians have taken umbrage because she's young and female, which amuses me - they could criticise her arguments not her pigtails, age, gender etc.

if she's just a silly schoolgirl then just ignore her. Why on earth does she trigger such a reaction? Well the answers are pretty obvious ;-)

Totally agree, and I don't think any of them are claiming that they have a solution to the problems we're facing either. It seems to me that their initial goal is to get the leaders of the major industrial nations of the world to admit that there is a problem, and pledge to get behind research into ways that we might be able to do something about it.

Like any 15 year old, she's doing it for Instagram likes 😂😂😂

The thing is, we shouldn't need teenagers to be worried about world ending events. Grown ups are meant to do that. She should be worrying about which boy likes her and how to score cheap booze. Adults are simply not polling their weight.

I can see that with people from my generation in my country. Our parents were raised under Communism and had to scrape by to buy us diapers when we were young since the country was in such a shit place. A lot of us have been brought up to fear poverty and to do everything in our power to make sure we have our lives set and not care about anything else. Now we're meant to be taking over running the place, noone cares about anything but their own well being.

People about 10 years younger than me, who are just getting into highschool grew up in economically better and safer times and are way more politically and socially engaged. Honestly, it's horrible how they feel they need to step up because fucks like me aren't pulling their political weight. But cudos to them, we might actually produce a decent politician for the first time in 100 years this next generation.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non