Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1316171819202122232425262728293033 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the world News

Fucking hell.

What I meant was that we all have the capacity to commit horrendous acts of violence under the right (wrong ?) circumstances. Something must have gone horribly wrong in this guy's life to lead him down this path.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Fucking hell.

What I meant was that we all have the capacity to commit horrendous acts of violence under the right (wrong ?) circumstances. Something must have gone horribly wrong in this guy's life to lead him down this path.
    Nope. As someone who has seen and been through 'horrendous' things, I still don't have the overwhelming urge to go out and stab innocent people. It's all down to 'nature' and 'nurture'/'brainwashing'. Most people who are subjected to certain difficulties (poverty, abuse, discrimination) do not take out their problems and frustrations on the innocent. If someone is not right in the head, they never will be no matter their circumstances, whilst others are easily manipulated into committing various acts or taking a certain path through life.

The terrorist threat was publicly scaled down recently and there's an election on, and London is busy with shoppers on Black Friday, the terrorist was known to police and wearing an electronic tag... hindsight is a wonderful thing

A seemingly similar incident in the Hague today too.

Fucking hell.

Maybe, not must.
    It's quite plausible that this 'lunatic' had as much go horribly wrong in his life as anyone who willingly risked their life in war. That is to say not much at all.

Fucking hell.

We know what you meant 😂😂
    You need to find yourself new friends and I'd start distanceing myself from the family if I were you !!!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Maybe, not must.
    It's quite plausible that this 'lunatic' had as much go horribly wrong in his life as anyone who willingly risked their life in war. That is to say not much at all.
    I think going to war is very much "something going wrong" in your life - we're not meant to deal with such horror.

@Noods - I respectfully disagree.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    The terrorist threat was publicly scaled down recently and there's an election on, and London is busy with shoppers on Black Friday, the terrorist was known to police and wearing an electronic tag... hindsight is a wonderful thing

A seemingly similar incident in the Hague today too.
    Pretty hard job to keep tabs on those on the terrorist list tbf, think it's about 25,000 individuals and some not on the list have been the actors in terrorist attacks.

25,000 monitored by the entire UK police force and army is a task in itself. There are other aspects of policing to deal with as well.

I think going to war is very much "something going wrong" in your life - we're not meant to deal with such horror.

@Noods - I respectfully disagree.
    People who've had absolutely average lives join the army.
    Those who are willing to give their lives don't have to have something go horribly wrong in their lives to have such values.

Pretty hard job to keep tabs on those on the terrorist list tbf, think it's about 25,000 individuals and some not on the list have been the actors in terrorist attacks.

25,000 monitored by the entire UK police force and army is a task in itself. There are other aspects of policing to deal with as well.
    I had no idea the terrorist list was that long, which makes the decision to publicly scale down the terrorist threat in the run up to Christmas and during an election even more baffling. Like I said hindsight is a wonderful thing

People who've had absolutely average lives join the army.
    Those who are willing to give their lives don't have to have something go horribly wrong in their lives to have such values.
    You misunderstand tremendously - I'm not calling them crazy. I'm saying that the experience of going to war is "something going horribly wrong". It might have been the right thing to do at the time. But it is nonetheless a traumatic and awful experience that I'm not sure humans are meant to be able to deal with.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non