Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sadio Mane

Sadio Mane

I believe people need to have a good long hard think about Sadio Mane, think about everything, all the brilliant moments he has given us and what an incredible player he has been, is and will continue to be for this club

Yes it hasn't been Mane's best season this time out, he had Covid and it affected him badly and has had all sorts of tests according to his recent interviews to try and find out why his body hasn't quite returned to enable him to deliver the incredible performance levels he has delivered for this club so brilliantly and consistently over the past few seasons since.

I remain absolutely confident he will get back there, but I feel how some people talk about him shows a lack of understanding for how frustrating it must be for him and a complete lack of appreciation for everything he has given to us and the club over the past few seasons.

On top of this, Mane has also struggled to adapt to the tweak to his positioning, which must also be incredibly frustrating for him, especially having scored the majority of his goals and provided the majority of his assists coming in from the right off the ball when the play was on the opposite side or coming in from the right, having linked with Robbo, Bobby or Gini after having been the player to bring the ball played to him by a switch down so consistently under extreme pressure from a defender. He'll get there, the automation and familiarity of position and automation is more important to some players than others in their performance levels.

Most of all, people need to understand and appreciate that Sadio Mane is an incredible human being, and that every single time he steps on a football pitch for our club or his country, he gives everything he possibly can for both and that he isn't just playing for the club or for us and all his team mates, he is playing for all those people back home who he supports and looks after financially, who don't have the luxury of many of the things we take for granted and hoping to spread some light into their lives in his performances on the pitch.

Mane was due to start the original game against the filthy, the reason it was rescheduled rather than them forfeiting it as they should have, was simply, it is the biggest game of the season with the highest worldwide audience and as Mane is always playing for those people back home and given the enormity of the fixture for them, like it is for everyone else, he will have been absolutely devastated not to have started the rescheduled match and not to have been told until very late in the day and probably even more frustrated that when he came on and Trent put him clean through, his first touch let him down and he failed to convert what for him would usually be an easy chance.

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Legend

Legendary

Sadio firing us back into the top four, no Mo, no Trent, no Robbo, no Virgil, no Big Bear

As for Jurgen's greatest signings, we can easily ask the question whether or not Mo would have been as successful and brilliant for us as he has been had Mane's incredible displays at RFWD in 2016-2017 no put in place the blueprint and much of the team dynamics for Mo to follow and benefit from

Agree with all of that. Its easy as a fan to get on a players back when we don't know what's going on with them personally wether it he physically or emotionally.
    He obviously feels great responsibility off the field too.
    The incident on Thursday was out of order though and there's really no excuse for it and you can guarantee he'll have been pulled up about it. Hes not going anywhere so we will see next season if he recaptures his form. If he first then thats life and I don't think any of us will forget how good he is or has been, he's been anni tegral part if this teams success and that's exactly why he's under the microscope from us and others. He like a few others have set high standards that they have dropped well below this season.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Spot On

Over rated IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Indeed they have lost but for me there is no problem losing gracefully or showing some humility in victory.
    Bad losers, arrogant victors - don't like!