Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Crystal Palace

Your team v Crystal Palace

Smicer hits it..... IT'S IN! IT'S IN!!!!!!!

.......................Alisson

Trent.......Phillips....Williams...Robertson

.......................Fabinho

.........Wijnaldum........Thiago

.....Salah.........Firmino......Mane
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Wonder if anyone will be back on the injury front for last game?

I wouldn't start williams against palace attackers in roy's last game too.

Why not, Zaha is their only threat if he manages to stay upright long enough, and he will come up against Trent more than Williams. Both centre backs did ok again tonight, one also scored and got MOTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Wonder if anyone will be back on the injury front for last game?

I wouldn't start williams against palace attackers in roy's last game too.
    What's your thinking as an alternative - Fabinho beside Phillips with Milner in midfield, something like that?

Agreed Sid, need Gini at RCM for this one

Alisson

Trent Phillips R.Williams Robertson

Wijnaldum Fabinho Thiago

Salah Firmino Mane

Need to make sure we're right at it, fully focused, determined and show all our quality, make sure Zaha's threat is snuffed out by pressing to stop service to him and defending him well, make sure there's no easy balls over the top for Benteke or easy crosses into the box, make sure Eze can't pick the ball up and run with it

Remember Roy's tactics of apart from his forwards, not pressing players until they're active in your half and use that to our advantage, keep it well, press and counter press incredibly well and pass the ball very quickly, incisively and accurately, with very good movement to beat Roy's way of playing, always mixing it up, play it really early and direct when it's on, put those early crosses in from deep, get the fucking win
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Why not, Zaha is their only threat if he manages to stay upright long enough, and he will come up against Trent more than Williams. Both centre backs did ok again tonight, one also scored and got MOTM.
    Cleared one of the line too - BUT was instrumental in Burnley having 4 great chances 3 of which they probably should have taken.

Easy to be so cock sure after the fact but you couldn’t have watched that game tonight and hand on heart be confident of playing that back 4 Palace. No chance.

Not if you have eyes that is

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Cleared one of the line too - BUT was instrumental in Burnley having 4 great chances 3 of which they probably should have taken.

Easy to be so cock sure after the fact but you couldn’t have watched that game tonight and hand on heart be confident of playing that back 4 Palace. No chance.

Not if you have eyes that is
    You never think we are going to win, no matter who plays or who we play against.

Need to keep Gini on Zaha's side to, so if they switch Zaha, we switch Gini

Need to play football, pass and move well and pass it precisely and put our chances away

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

Remember Roy's tactics of apart from his forwards, not pressing players until they're active in your half and use that to our advantage
    I'll take that back, they're pressing all over the pitch in their game against Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    You never think we are going to win, no matter who plays or who we play against.
    That isn’t true - I never like counting up points before games though - but I certainly haven’t fancied us in any of the last 3 games. Thought we would drop points in all of them - expected a loss at Old Trafford. I should have known Alisson would score in the 94th minute v West Brom though... Silly me

Not that that has anything to do with the subject at hand.