Page 1 of 17 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Immense Pride

Immense Pride

Will keep this one short.

No matter what happens this season - whether we unexpectedly get beaten 3-0 in Portugal, fall one point short in the League, or win a fantastic Double, I am so proud of this team, how far the supporters have come in terms of the "Doubters to Believers" and so pleased with what Klopp and the lads have achieved, be it recruitment or a maturing style of play - just the entire package.

It's a damned good time to be a Red. If we win our remaining 4 games, we'll end up on 97 points - if that were to happen we'd have finished with a higher points tally than any of Fergie's United sides, or indeed Mourinho's 04/05 Chelsea which seemed nigh-on invincible - that's how good we are - and it'd be easy to forget if we ended up finishing second.

We are absolutely boss. What's so lovely about this time around is that, unlike 13/14, there's much less sense of "it HAS to be now" - I have every Faith that if we fall short this season we will challenge again next season - and that we still have a few fun years of Klopp at the club.

What a match yesterday - and Salah's goal, unreal.

Absolutely beaming this Morning and very much looking forward to Wednesday. We surely aren't conceding four and are very likely to score the one goal we need to put Porto in that position of needing that many - so we should be going through.

Over the Moon with what we're achieving.

We finished 14/15 in 6th place with 62 point - Brendan's last full season.
    We finished 15/16 in 8th place and with 60 points - Klopp having joined us in October that season.

We've been to a Europa League final and a Champion's League final under Jurgen - plus a League Cup final - and made continual progress in the League. We also, to date, have won every tie in the 2-legs format in Europe that we've been in - that'll come to an end of course, but what a record thus far!

Phenomenal progress. Just phenomenal. Proud of everyone associated with LFC right now.

Allez Allez Allez. We're never going to stop.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Great post Sid, agree fully. We are all going to be so down if we dont win something though. I honestley feel like this team is luke Jimmy White in the world snooker championship. If he'd won it he would have cleaned up for years.....but he never did, he just needed that first one to get him started. We just need that one trophy to start it off.
    One things for sure, keep hold of VvD and it will eventually happen, He is the lynchpin of this side now.

Well said Sid; sums up how I feel. Sadly, many of our 'supporters' and all of the media will label us as bottlers etc., if we don't win something this season. They'll be analysts saying we'll never win anything under Klopp. The usual shite but it'll hurt so much more.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

What happened to keeping it Short???

Totally agree though

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    What happened to keeping it Short???

Totally agree though
    That was a short post from Sid. It was also legible, which is a bonus.

Agree, Jurgen's built a great side that it's an absolute joy to watch, that Keita Fabinho Henderson midfield is looking fantastic and has so much potential to become a lot better and it's only 2 and a half games old! Then there's the summer to come when i'm certain Jurgen will add another top class CB to partner Virgil, the current world's best and add 2 or 3 more top top quality players who are perfect for our system and style of play to our attack, so we'll be even better and stronger next season, players will be at higher performance levels as we'll finally be able to give players a games rest without it being a massive risk or drop in quality and we'll finally have a bench that can change games and will strike the fear of God into opponents.

Immensely proud and excited, make mine a double lads
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    That was a short post from Sid. It was also legible, which is a bonus.
    Haha

That Cardiff game exemplified our "new" attitude to games.

We know we'll get the business done eventually - the belief that with patience we will eventually break a side down is wonderful.

A far cry from the 09/10 - 12/13 years. I can't remember which game it was, but I believe we were 2 goals ahead of Arsenal and they either got a first goal to make it 2-1 or a 2nd goal to make it 2-2, but our player's heads all dropped together because of the sense of inevitability that we would lose the game, even though the goal scored didn't actually put us behind in the game.

Tough times!

It's a weird situation in a way; we could end up with a Champions League win, and 97 points on the board and yet still feel disappointed somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post
    It's a weird situation in a way; we could end up with a Champions League win, and 97 points on the board and yet still feel disappointed somehow...
    We could, but as long as our fans keep it in perspective and we don't have any "Klopp has taken us as a far as we can go" weirdos, we'll be fine.

We have 2 more points than the 08/09 side acquired and we still have 9 more points available to play for - with the League being arguably more competitive now than it was then.

We're very, very good.