Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Immense Pride

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I can’t say I have noticed much complaining mate. There are people - myself included - ( and I said in October - even if we win the league and go unbeaten - it doesn’t mean not strengthening the squad last summer was a good thing ) who are rightly worried that fatigue is playing its part. We knew we would have more games this season. The squad looked tired at the end of last season TBF - some players like Mané have had no rest at all.

They have done amazing but please recognise that one thing has little to do with the other.

Adding a creative playmaker or another striker would not preclude anything we have achieved to date and may well have us in an even stronger position - who knows? The point is - we are asking arguably too much from a relatively small group of players. To play constantly at that level is amazing - it could be considered naive to expect it to continue indefinitely.

Suggesting such is precisely what the forum is for. Otherwise it’s just a constant and repetitive drone of “aren’t we amazing” and “how lucky are we” and “ aren’t FSG magic” etc.. all good and well but a bit of balance is surely fine? A different take?
    I thought we should have strengthened in the summer, after that, when we were trying for Ruiz in January which would have given us an extra midfielder and forward, I really thought we should have thrashed a deal out especially as his other suitors wouldn't have been in the market and teams were getting better at defending against our full backs. Would have given us the extra creativity and a proven goalscorer from midfield. That bit extra for the sharp end of the season and meant he was already settled in and ready to go next season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Haha, the same lot will probably moan that we didn't go unbeaten.
    Seen a fair bit of that on twatter, I don't think any of us here gave a shit about that to be honest, I know I didn't, I do expect us to strengthen in the right areas and in the right way in the summer though and achieve that feat next season mind

Edit: I mean but for some incredibly dubious officiating and the absence of VAR we'd have been unbeaten last season as Kompany should without any question whatsoever have had an early straight red at the Emptyhad
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 6th March 2020 at 02:38 PM.

No-one expected us to be this far in front of City, whatever the gap at the end of the season i'm not bothered. Before the season started, we would have settled for winning it by a single point, like them last season, the main thing is, we are winning it. It's been a long wait but the wait is almost over.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Seen a fair bit of that on twatter, I don't think any of us here gave a shit about that to be honest, I know I didn't, I do expect us to strengthen in the right areas and in the right way in the summer though and achieve that feat next season mind
    If we manage to win the Prem (again ) next season undefeated, it will be the greatest accomplishment in Prem history (yeah, yeah Leicester winning it will be 2nd).

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I thought we should have strengthened in the summer, after that, when we were trying for Ruiz in January which would have given us an extra midfielder and forward, I really thought we should have thrashed a deal out especially as his other suitors wouldn't have been in the market and teams were getting better at defending against our full backs. Would have given us the extra creativity and a proven goalscorer from midfield. That bit extra for the sharp end of the season and meant he was already settled in and ready to go next season
    Were we genuinely in for Ruiz or was it Just rumour? Real are linked now.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Were we genuinely in for Ruiz or was it Just rumour? Real are linked now.
    It was just media talk like all the other players we were linked to this summer.

I thought we were brilliant for 97 minutes tonight, could have scored more, should have scored more, Atletico's rear guard action and low block is absolutely superb though and Oblak made some superb saves, I don't think it was an accident or pure luck the parries and half clearances and blocks fell kindly to Atletico every single time, I think it's just down to their experience of continually playing like that and their positioning that has developed through doing that.

Allisson was a massive miss, and we couldn't help that, the timing of his absence was just incredibly unfortunate, that's football, shit happens, if Allisson is in goal, we're through, we had just adjusted to not pressing quite so high too, so it wasn't that either, just a really unfortunate slip by Adrian as he went to kick the ball making him miss kick it to their lad, a rush of blood from Joe and then another slip by Adrian as he tried to push off to make the save.

The second was very poor though, the player was closed down and he only had a six foot area in the right of the goal to aim at, he couldn't possibly put it anywhere else, the first combination of errors was recoverable, we only needed to score another, it was the second that killed us

Still immensely proud of our lads, thought they were otherwise brilliant, shit happens sometimes that you just can't legislate for however well you play, but for the torrential rain, I think we might well have gone through with Adrian in goal anyway, he slipped twice in the combination of events that led to their first goal, it wasn't down to the wrong choice of studs, it was down to the sheer volume of rain that came down for me

Totally

Our lads absolutely ruined them.

Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Yaaaaaaassss!!!!!!

We have come so, so, so far!

Der der der der der DER DER!!!!!!

Der der der der der DER DER DER!!!!!!!