Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Immense Pride

Sid let me remind you its not 2022 yet 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Sid let me remind you its not 2022 yet 🤣🤣
    Typo, my bad, had been texting a friend about a couple of things regarding next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Typo, my bad, had been texting a friend about a couple of things regarding next season.
    I kind of wish it was 2022 and Covid has gone.

Lets hope for me good news tomorrow with a 2nd CB.

Back to back wins
    Next week massive
    Brighton
    Then Mancs

What our lads are doing and where they currently sit in the table despite the ridiculous fixture schedule our injury issues and them having been robbed of 9 points as a result of our owners attempted power grab should make each and everyone of us immensely proud and long may it continue
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Everyone happy tonight ?

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Everyone happy tonight ?
    Immense pride mentality monsters

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Everyone happy tonight ?
    Very unhappy - but I won't let the negativity of the current slump impact my thoughts on what the side has managed over the last few seasons.

Getting to that Europa League final considering our squad at the time and the comparative difficulty of the opposition in the latter stages that season was no joke and was a stepping stone to us getting ready for what lay ahead - getting into the Champion's League (which was becoming the exception rather than the rule up until then) and getting to a Champion's League final, getting to another Champion's League final and winning the thing, two of the highest points totals in history with one of them resulting in ending the 30-year wait that finally cut the chain of a lead ball we had been dragging through the mud for decades.

Out stuttering form has changed none of that.

We have City at the weekend. A loss is a real possibility and they would end up with a gap on us that is probably insurmountable if we're Honest about it. But we'll have a full working week to prepare for Leicester and rest some legs. Whatever happens in that Leicester match, our squad and Klopp will massively welcome those valuable 5 days to mentally refresh a bit and we can hopefully set our minds to ensuring we don't fall out of the Top Four and hopefully can squeeze past Leipzig. There's two objectives to focus on, rather than fretting about not defending the Title and I just hope they can gather themselves and achieve those (admittedly lesser) goals and find that inner strength again.

It's been a difficult season and there are definitely some oddities at work. People can say "ah, but every club will be missing their fans" for example - and that's true - but how many clubs have won the League trophy after a 30-year season, had the anti-climax of lifting it to an empty stadium, not had the victory parade in front of densely packed streets, then gone on to play in front of what should have been an optimistic, thankful, praise-giving Anfield that would have been able to lift the players through slumps? That's just one outlier and when you combine the injuries and the schedule from the late start to the campaign, the weirdness of the pre-season prep, the quarantines, the mental and physical fatigue from coping with the raised bar of a financially doped rival, the VAR inconsistencies, it all adds up.

We at least managed the wins against West Ham and Spurs - otherwise this slump would be cause for heightened panic. We need to regroup, consolidate, solidify and find some answers. Can we do that and have a respectable season? Time will tell. May isn't forever away and it's up to the players to find a way if they have enough in their lockers to play Champion's League football next season, hopefully in front of a few fans as well - and they're lucky enough to have two paths to do it.

Collective confidence will be low. Rightly so. But we absolutely cannot give up and I don't think the players will either.

After 2 amazing season, I think the lads deserve a bit of slack considering the shite we've had to put up with this season.
    Try and make top 4 and give the Champions league a good rattle and we go again next season.

Sid - probably insurmountable if we lose ?

They would be 10 clear with a game in hand and better GD its done.

I just hope they steam away from United by March its what the league deserves a nothing team winning the title played in front of no fans.

I'm amazed we are this high if we dont get top 4 id like to finish outside Europa spots.