Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Immense Pride

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We could, but as long as our fans keep it in perspective and we don't have any "Klopp has taken us as a far as we can go" weirdos, we'll be fine.

We have 2 more points than the 08/09 side acquired and we still have 9 more points available to play for - with the League being arguably more competitive now than it was then.

We're very, very good.
    Don't get me wrong, we have now probably the best side I have seen since the days of Barnes, Beardsley, Aldridge etc were all in their pomp. But it's a bitter pill to swallow that we could be so good and yet number 19 might still slip from our grasp.

It's so sad I've not been able to appreciate how totally brilliant we have been this season

Sometimes I think it's harder for us older guys because we know how its supposed to be..

We could, but as long as our fans keep it in perspective and we don't have any "Klopp has taken us as a far as we can go" weirdos, we'll be fine.

We have 2 more points than the 08/09 side acquired and we still have 9 more points available to play for - with the League being arguably more competitive now than it was then.

We're very, very good.
    Certainly looks like it's harder to win. City's last two seasons will average 99pts should they win their last 4 games! What kind of crazy world are we living where you need 100pts to win the league.

We could end up winning 30 of our 38 games. Dropping only 4 points at home. Only droping 4 points to teams outside of the 'top 6'.

We've been pretty phenomanal in terms of results. We've ground out a lot of results without getting anywhere near top gear. I would say we've probably played 'really' well in only 10 or 12 games this season, which makes our points total even more remarkable.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Echoed again tonight with Virgil picking up the players player PFA award and 3 of our other players, Robertson, Trent and Mane making the 11, and it could and should have been mre.

Virgil's acceptance speech was absolutely oozing with the same class he displays for us week in week out on the pitch, taking the time to praise everyone who has played a part in his career so far and all his team mates and the staff in every department of the club
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Echoed again tonight with Virgil picking up the players player PFA award and 3 of our other players, Robertson, Trent and Mane making the 11, and it could and should have been mre.

Virgil's acceptance speech was absolutely oozing with the same class he displays for us week in week out on the pitch, taking the time to praise everyone who has played a part in his career so far and all his team mates and the staff in every department of the club
    Total footballer

I've mentally prepared myself for the worst-case scenario of losing to Newcastle after tonight's match.

With that in mind, if that worst-case scenario pans out, we can't let one week of football tarnish what has been one Hell of a season.

To juggle this points total and a Champion's League campaign where we went deep is a phenomenal achievement.

In 08/09 we got 86 points and a Champion's League quarter-final.
    In 13/14 we got 84 points and weren't even in Europe.

This juggle of 91 points (could be 97) plus a Champion's League semi-final is huge work.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Glad we'll have a lot to show for it.

Noone remembers 2nd place or semi finalists really, well we will but yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Glad we'll have a lot to show for it.

Noone remembers 2nd place or semi finalists really, well we will but yeah
    The hunger for success having been denied it in such cruel fashion has the capacity to galvanise this team and this fanbase yet further.

We look like a side that can genuinely compete regularly, which I'd much rather have than a flash-in-the-pan win a la Leicester.

Enormous progress this year - absolutely enormous.

The hunger for success having been denied it in such cruel fashion has the capacity to galvanise this team and this fanbase yet further.

We look like a side that can genuinely compete regularly, which I'd much rather have than a flash-in-the-pan win a la Leicester.

Enormous progress this year - absolutely enormous.
    True any other season we'd of won it, which makes it even more frustrating, if only we didn't have a few of them draws.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    True any other season we'd of won it, which makes it even more frustrating, if only we didn't have a few of them draws.
    If only we weren't against a financially doped side with previously injury-prone players making suspicious trips to Spain and suddenly having all the energy in the World you mean

What we're done on a very tilted playing field is phenomenal. Thankfully Pep won't be there forever.