Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Immense Pride

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID23 View Post
    English final champions league Madrid 2019 Package of accommodation in Madrid Center 2 nights, double room with private bathroom, 4pax & 8 pax From 200€ night/person breakfast included

madridsportsevents@gmail.com
    I don't wish to be rude, but are you putting this on every thread?.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I don't wish to be rude, but are you putting this on every thread?.
    Appears so, guess hes spamming

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Appears so, guess hes spamming
    He's been on about 6 different threads with the same info. Notice he hasn't replied yet.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I'd have still been immensely proud of every single one of them even if the God's of finals hadn't smiled on us tonight, but FUCK did they deserve that tonight, every single one of them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

In my opening post of this thread, I cited that even if we didn't win the 18/19 League, that I had faith that we would challenge for the next season.

That season is now - 19/20. We haven't just challenged. We have blown the competition out of the water.

Having lost 3 games of late, it seems as good a time as any to remind fellow Reds that, bar a MONUMENTAL collapse, Liverpool Football Club are going to win the League.

All those years of the Mancs winning it. All those years of watching Oil Clubs buy it. Watching Blackburn win it. Watching Leicester win it. The disappointment of 08/09. The absolutely bitter Heartbreak of 13/14. The highs of making up for our Domestic failings by doing well in Europe. The lows of finishing 30 points behind United, Hodgson, the Vampires and clinging to unfulfilled hope that if our rivals lose at the weekend and we win, we'd be in touching distance of the Champion's League spots.

The incessant reminder that it has been THIRTY years since we last won it.

You're going to be able to find Peace and Joy.

And you know what? Sod the records. Whether we get 101 points or higher or not isn't important - it's just a nice bonus. Wenger's "Invincibles" and Guardiola's.....eugh....."Centurions" have something in common - they didn't win the Champion's League.

Long as our odds may be due to a Monolithic Atletico defence, we still have a chance of getting ourselves into special territory in the History books again. Even if we fail in that department, we have next season.

This Club, this Team, this Squad and this Manager are here for a while yet.

We conquered all of Europe. We conquered the World. This season we are so likely to conquer England that a £10,000 bet on it would pay you back a Tenner.

And having conquered them all, you can be sure of one thing - we're never going to stop.

Doubters to Believers. Klopp said it and it became so.

We have been scarred by many "nearlies" in recent years, but we are but weeks away from closing the open wound. Let's remain Mentality Monsters and not allow a wobble to make us Mentality Midgets.

Beat Bournemouth any way we can to settle the nerves - then it's on to our biggest challenge in a while - under the lights at Anfield, where we find ourselves in the context of the tie to currently be the "Underdogs" - which has suited us before.

Allez Allez Allez!

Amen to that our Sid.
    We should be grateful for what we have.

Good points Sid - and yourself along with plenty of others ( 19x springs to mind ) - have kept the faith when less confident doubting-Thomas's like myself and Noods have been nervous wrecks for much of this time.

We are grateful - no doubt about that..

This will be my reaction in the 90'th minute IF/WHEN this bloomin 19th title is finally ours..

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Amen to that our Sid.
    We should be grateful for what we have.
    Most of us are, you'll always get those ready to have a pop after a couple of bad results. They should sit in the dug out on Saturday, and tell Klopp where he's going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Most of us are, you'll always get those ready to have a pop after a couple of bad results. They should sit in the dug out on Saturday, and tell Klopp where he's going wrong.
    Haha, the same lot will probably moan that we didn't go unbeaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Haha, the same lot will probably moan that we didn't go unbeaten.
    Precisely.