Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Immense Pride

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Precisely.
    They'll also moan about how we didn't splash the cash in the summer but have gaul to moan about City and Pep spunking money on players.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    They'll also moan about how we didn't splash the cash in the summer but have gaul to moan about City and Pep spunking money on players.
    Whinging whiners eh... How very dare they..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Whinging whiners eh... How very dare they..
    Haha, I just can't comprehend people having a moan at our teamafter what we've achieved this season!!

I can’t say I have noticed much complaining mate. There are people - myself included - ( and I said in October - even if we win the league and go unbeaten - it doesn’t mean not strengthening the squad last summer was a good thing ) who are rightly worried that fatigue is playing its part. We knew we would have more games this season. The squad looked tired at the end of last season TBF - some players like Mané have had no rest at all.

They have done amazing but please recognise that one thing has little to do with the other.

Adding a creative playmaker or another striker would not preclude anything we have achieved to date and may well have us in an even stronger position - who knows? The point is - we are asking arguably too much from a relatively small group of players. To play constantly at that level is amazing - it could be considered naive to expect it to continue indefinitely.

Suggesting such is precisely what the forum is for. Otherwise it’s just a constant and repetitive drone of “aren’t we amazing” and “how lucky are we” and “ aren’t FSG magic” etc.. all good and well but a bit of balance is surely fine? A different take?

I can’t say I have noticed much complaining mate. There are people - myself included - ( and I said in October - even if we win the league and go unbeaten - it doesn’t mean not strengthening the squad last summer was a good thing ) who are rightly worried that fatigue is playing its part. We knew we would have more games this season. The squad looked tired at the end of last season TBF - some players like Mané have had no rest at all.

They have done amazing but please recognise that one thing has little to do with the other.

Adding a creative playmaker or another striker would not preclude anything we have achieved to date and may well have us in an even stronger position - who knows? The point is - we are asking arguably too much from a relatively small group of players. To play constantly at that level is amazing - it could be considered naive to expect it to continue indefinitely.

Suggesting such is precisely what the forum is for. Otherwise it’s just a constant and repetitive drone of “aren’t we amazing” and “how lucky are we” and “ aren’t FSG magic” etc.. all good and well but a bit of balance is surely fine? A different take?
    Maybe next season, if Klopp wants to genuinely win everything, he’ll have to strengthen?

We won the champions league with the squad we had. He’s now got his tactics right and winning the league. If we he and FSG want to dominate on all fronts, then splashing the cash sensibly is what is needed.

People are talking about several players joining. Fair enough if we are to replace other squad members. Maybe we will see a decent reinvestment next season and strengthen the ranks.

Where I don't want us to become another City, I do want us to strengthen our squad with a few signings. I think when/if Lallana, Shaq, Adrian, Karius, Lovren and hopefully not Milner go at the end of the season we will require to replace some but not all of them. I hopefully that some of the U23's can make the step up to the bench leaving us to fill around 4 positions in the squad. The positions I think we need to buy in are a good backup goalie, leftback cover, centre midfielder who has that something special and another forward (Werner).

I'd like to add that we do not need another winter break next season, we need to just keep going and extra additions will help that!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Maybe next season, if Klopp wants to genuinely win everything, he’ll have to strengthen?

We won the champions league with the squad we had. He’s now got his tactics right and winning the league. If we he and FSG want to dominate on all fronts, then splashing the cash sensibly is what is needed.

People are talking about several players joining. Fair enough if we are to replace other squad members. Maybe we will see a decent reinvestment next season and strengthen the ranks.
    Yep, this is kind of what I think as well.

There was a time when we moaned because we were average and inconsistent. Now we complain because we know how good we are and we can't understand why we are having a wobble. It's kind of human nature. Nobody underestimates the massive achievement this squad has achieved, and there's not a single player that deserves to be slagged off. We just crave perfection, as do they.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    There was a time when we moaned because we were average and inconsistent. Now we complain because we know how good we are and we can't understand why we are having a wobble. It's kind of human nature. Nobody underestimates the massive achievement this squad has achieved, and there's not a single player that deserves to be slagged off. We just crave perfection, as do they.
    I can guarantee one thing, Jurgen and the players will be more pissed off than we are that they lost the last two games.