Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Maybe one or two two many 'sentimental' moments? It could have done with some more sarcasm from the Hound.
    Try ten.

Also we didn't even get to see full frontal nudity from Ninja… Arrya. What the fuck is the point then?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

So who dies tonight then. Brienne thomund nights watch guys anyway I reckon. Theon maybe. Who double crosses who first. Shout be a great episode fingers crossed. Been a very slow start to series 8.

Can they kill Bran off? he's miserable shit.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

wowwww what an episode

Hey, something finally happened! Hallelujah!

[SPOILERS]

They finally found a way to get rid of the pointless faceless armies of steppe nomads and eunuchs. So the redshirts are gone. Some characters also died for a change - RIP Little Ms. "IMASTRONGINDEPENDENTWOMAN", Theon, Berik, Jorah and… well that's about it really. All the other deaths were kind of hollow. Did Brienne bite it as well?

Got to give it to them though - I'd really grown to dislike Arya, but the finishing touch with the excellent throwback to her sparring with Brienne was pure gold.

All in all the episode dragged on a bit - I'm not a huge fan of "a single battle scene is an episode unto its own if it's big enough", but ok, at least something happened.

Too bad now the main villain is Cersei who is surely much less scary than emo Darth Maul. I feel like this battle could have been saved for later. We'll see though - can't shake the feeling they could have done more with him.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I watched this with a couple of mates over here - a french guy and an italian girl, when Arya was being chased by the wights and it looked like they were going to get her; the italian girl said 'Oh god, she's going to die!'

(Bearing in mind this was before the conversation with Melissandre)

My response: 'Not today!'

Spoilage warning.
    Well that was rather good. Didnt see that coming, Arya taking out ol' blue eyes.
    WTF happens now?
    Must be another epic battle left for the end. Always liked Melisandre and sge came up trumps. Shes mint too.
    Jorah was one of my faves so im rather gutted hes gone.

I think Cersei being pregnant as something to do with the whole thing. she was only suppose to have 3 children? that's what the witch told her.
    I think the night king was just a side show to the real story just like the other battles. Ie the fight against the Boltons. .But could be wrong.
    Im really glad the Hound is still alive. Though hes a miserable sod. Hes got great humanity.And its likely he will have to fight his brother the Mountain.

Agree the night king and wights have been a sideshow. Its game of thrones so its inevitebley about whos sat on that at the end.

Enjoyed this weeks extended episode, but by Christ those battle scenes were a bit frenetic... made my bloody eyes ache.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!