Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Oh and that bleeding game of thrones theme tune! its playing over and over in my head
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

For me what they're missing in the analysis is the enormous role that Sansa played in the end game and her desperately wanting the Throne for herself knowing that John categorically didn't. Can't believe they missed that, it's even shown in the final episode when she's devastated not to have been made queen and makes her play to have the North as an independent kingdom and gets it.

Her telling Tyrion about John was a massive play for the throne and deliberate and she knows how the politics work and what it would do, her actions caused the massacre of Kings Landing as much as Dani. In the prior episode Dani says to John how much love the people have for John and appreciation of everything he's done and that the people of Westeros have no love for her, all she has to command their loyalty and respect is fear, and the backbiting and betrayals that Sansa's actions started caused Dani to feel the desperate need to demonstrate her power and strike that fear into the people who she believed otherwise wouldn't accept her and that is what caused her to massacre everyone in Kings Landing and led to the sequence of events in the final episode. Throughout Dani didn't show the madness, she was just and fair, it was out of character and it happened because of Sansa.

At the end it was stupid, given the nature of Westeros there is no way on this earth all the Lords would have accepted Braun getting High Garden because of a debt owed by the deposed Lannisters, he made no contribution to the great wars, he was constantly on the wrong side, a sell sword, he had no knowledge or idea of how to run somewhere like High Garden or any experience to be made Master Of Coin, that was just utterly ridiculous
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 20th May 2019 at 11:50 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Just watched it again, seems to have set the scene for potential future spin offs, not a fan of how it ended or how rushed the last 2 seasons were, not posting any further thoughts on it until I'm sure everyone's now watched it
    Conspiracy theory.

Night King touched Bran. In doing so, NK's spirit transferred to Bran upon his Death, much like killing mace-wielding Sauron isn't enough because he lives on through the Ring.

Night-King therefore is actually on the Throne after all. Write your show.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

There's a prequel in the making apparently, feels like the end of an era, a lot of personal stuff happened for me during the show running, not good stuff either, John Snow story brings a lot of it back, always doing or trying to do the right thing, to do right by people and look after everyone else, giving everything up for those people and getting fucked over for it, guess that's why I didn't like the ending, too close to home
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

A comprehensive review of S8E6:

"Ugh."

- Eastern European kid, 2019
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

How about Ayra goes west of westeros and gets into big shit..Jon learns of this, comes from the north brings Tormund and the giants with him. Collects those in winterfell and Kings landing on the way and they all go west to help Ayra. The Dragon returns to Kings landing with Dany whos been resurrected . She takes the Iron throne in the absence of the main characters and finally kills that annoying shit Bran. While cutting his throat.. she will say. You didn't see this coming did ya?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

To which he'll reply "Hurr durr I'm a talking tree, all is history, hurr durr".
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    There's a prequel in the making apparently, feels like the end of an era, a lot of personal stuff happened for me during the show running, not good stuff either, John Snow story brings a lot of it back, always doing or trying to do the right thing, to do right by people and look after everyone else, giving everything up for those people and getting fucked over for it, guess that's why I didn't like the ending, too close to home
    The episode where Jon chases a couple of kids on a bus will live long in the memory....

If they’d have had a three hour finale which incorporated the destruction of Kings Landing with the subsequent fall out and resolution, there’d be far less moaning.

It only seems quick because they had so much to fit in, there was sod all wrong with it.

People are struggling to get past the anger stage of grief after losing such an epic programme.

Going to have to disagree on that one r4l. It was poorly thought out and way below what the first four seasons of this show deserved.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non