Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

The ending wasn't bad/bad. It well worth watching. Just they built up the night king to such proportions. You could have envisaged him doing some serious damage. It was bit of whimper his demise .He never actually fought anyone.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We’re on 8 now Bali. Time to let go, it was fine. You’re upset because it’s gone, fair enough, but as with the moaning cunts telling Jurgen what he needs to do each match thread, it’s unlikely anyone could actually do better.

(Obviously in Klopp case he could’ve got 114 points, ergo he’s shit and needs replacing...)

If you want to watch a show that genuinely pisses on its first 4 series, watch Dexter. GOT doesn’t even come close to taking the piss by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The ending wasn't bad/bad. It well worth watching. Just they built up the night king to such proportions. You could have envisaged him doing some serious damage. It was bit of whimper his demise .He never actually fought anyone.
    That’s probably the only thing I’d like to have seen more of. Not sure if these should’ve been 4 x 3 hour episodes, think that might’ve been better and as a result could’ve given an other few hours to the night king. But as above, I couldn’t have written it as well as they did for 8 series so fuck it, well done B&W

Quote Originally Posted by red4life86 View Post
    We’re on 8 now Bali. Time to let go, it was fine. You’re upset because it’s gone, fair enough, but as with the moaning cunts telling Jurgen what he needs to do each match thread, it’s unlikely anyone could actually do better.

(Obviously in Klopp case he could’ve got 114 points, ergo he’s shit and needs replacing...)

If you want to watch a show that genuinely pisses on its first 4 series, watch Dexter. GOT doesn’t even come close to taking the piss by comparison.
    With that last bit I certainly agree. But then again I never held Dexter in as high a regard as I do GoT, even though I do like it and have seen the first four / five seasons like three times.

I'm not particularly annoyed it's gone - I can just watch it again. A good series, much like a good book, bears rewatching multiple times. These last two seasons do not. So many seeds were planted and never explored, so much dumb shite happened. Of course I'm upset about how it ended. The fact that I'm rather relieved it's over should tell you how much worse the show had become for me.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Balinkay prefers EastEnders to most things..
    One of my Favourites series was ER.. I only watched it recently but it was a terrific series in my opinion.
    Game of thrones is in my top 5 along with Dexter.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Never seen East Enders. I do know it's a popular UK show, but have no idea what it's about and when it takes place.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Never seen East Enders. I do know it's a popular UK show, but have no idea what it's about and when it takes place.
    "Sticka kettle on luv, big geezer lost his teeth, the microwave is pregnant and muh sista got abandoned by Rickie - also da budgie needs an abortion innit, phwoar"
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Huh, didn't know the UK had its TV version of Alabama.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Game of Thrones

there is that as well. some of the game modes that exist now are pretty much avoided and we already lost one to the depths of not being popular enough.

...and I'm up to date. Having watched Season 2-8 in the last couple of months I found the ending entirely meh.
    The main problem as with a lot of series, in looking at you Lost, is that it's much easier setting stories up than concluding them.
    You can tell it was no longer based on the books, as the writers and producers seemed to find the quickest way to wrap things up without paying any attention to the way in which the characters had been developed up to this point. It was far too much 'appease the fans' writing. The only thing that they were missing in the last season and a half was a massive flashing sign saying 'We're making Daenerys less likeable now as we're going to kill her off'. As for Jaime, let's get him to have a revelation so that he can go on this side for a bit so we can tick off the sleeping with Brienne, then once that's done, we'll get him to go back to give him closure.
    The white walkers as everyone else has said was a complete mystery. Why allude to them in the first episode if it's just a generic baddie dying in the last series with no depth to the storyline.
    A much better ending would have been Cersei winning, executing everyone in a shock episode, finally having her baby, then the white Walker chap comes in kills them, as is his way with babies, then a new age starts.