Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Good job so far FSG

Good job so far FSG

I think so, i think they've brought some very much needed stability and financial and marketing nouse to increase worldwide revenue streams and give the playing side the financial clout and backing we lacked for too many years when trying to resurrect the club's fortunes.

For me one of the fundamental reasons we fell away and behind was a severe lack of the above from Moores and Parry when our rivals quickly seized upon and realised the opportunities and enormous revenue and worldwide marketing potential of the Sky era and Premier League football going global and our owners failed to.

Now, after some years of relative scrimping and saving to an extent and getting everything in place and our house in order it feels like we can compete with any club for our top targets while remaining financially secure, which of course has been helped enormously by the shrewest piece of business, bringing in Jurgen Klopp as our manager, with his exciting and dynamic style of football that's a joy to watch not just for Liverpool fans, but for so many neutrals and every genuine football lover/purist out there. And a manager who knows what the team needs for each next evolutionary step, identifies those players and goes all out to get them.

It has been absolutely vital the financial and marketing side was finally got right, prior to that we had quite a number of great sides try to wrestle back dominance, who ultimately fell short because we had fallen so far behind financially, great sides as they were, they were always missing 2 or 3 top quality players in vital positions and had obvious weaknesses and limitations in certain areas.

Now we at last have a team they has no obvious weakness, our right side CB birth needs to be improved upon to take us up a notch further, it's not a glaringly obvious weakness, but it's one that needs addressing in the summer for the long term good and there's a young 19 year old dutch lad who could be at the club for 15 years who fits the bill perfectly. We could well do with one more creative CM, aside from that our very obvious weakness compared to the competition is in attack, to be the very best in today's game you need 5 absolutely top quality forwards so you can change games from the bench and give players a rest and still send out a world class team with no obvious weaknesses, again a major reason we need another top class CB

With quite a few players to move on and on the back of the revenue the teams success so far this season will have generated it's crucial FSG invest for the long term future this summer and back Klopp to the hilt to bring in players like De Ligt, Werner and Brandt or of that level of qualityto set Jurgen up with a squad with no weaknesses that can be together for another 4-6 years and dominate domestic and European football, further increasing those revenue streams they've put in place , great job by FSG so far though, they, with the manager have built a beatiful house on very solid foundations, in the summer they need to put the roof on.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The ones that have been berating them since they took charge, seem to have gone on holiday.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Seems that way, i forgot to mention we also need to remain aware of our homegrown qualifying quota, making sure we are bringing in and retaining the best young British talent and the very best young European talent who will qualify as homegrown after enough time at the club, that needs a very good look at this summer as with Brexshit looming it could potentially get very tricky in the near future, we need to prepare for that eventuality and be ahead of the game

FSG seem to be running things 'the right way', however they still haven't invested heavily in the team/squad without a fair chunk of money coming in from the selling of players, hence why Klopp's net spend per year is still only around the £30m-£40m mark. I'd like to see FSG let Klopp spend £100m+ without the need for any of our existing players needing to be sold.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    FSG seem to be running things 'the right way', however they still haven't invested heavily in the team/squad without a fair chunk of money coming in from the selling of players, hence why Klopp's net spend per year is still only around the £30m-£40m mark. I'd like to see FSG let Klopp spend £100m+ without the need for any of our existing players needing to be sold.
    All teams sell players on. If you think that's the only way to be successful, look where United and Chelsea are for all the money they've spent.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    All teams sell players on. If you think that's the only way to be successful, look where United and Chelsea are for all the money they've spent.
    I never said it was the only way, but unless you keep getting lucky you cannot expect to challenge year after year if you are only willing/able to finance player acquisitions by selling your best players every couple of seasons.

United have just spent very poorly and Chelsea have not spent that well, but they have also tightened the purse strings somewhat. As has been said (both here and by me on numerous occasions) you need to strike whilst the iron is hot. The reason we've failed to go that extra step on many occasions is because we've kept selling/losing our best players (Mcmanaman, Owen, Torres, Mascherano, Suarez etc). The reason we're doing well is that we have managed to replace those players we've lost, plus unearth a few new good-uns. That can't/won't last forever, which means you/we have to be prepared to dip into the coffers when needed. Imagine if we hadn't sold Coutinho and had no VVD and Mungo or Prekarius still in goal? It doesn't bear thinking about, but if we hadn't sold Coutinho and gone with your/FSG current approach, I think it's safe to say we wouldn't currently be in with a shout of the title.

Ajax are great at the moment. That is until they lose all their best players over the next season or two. That may raise them a load of money, but it's debateable whether they'll be able to get in players anywhere near as good as a result. As much as that is seen as 'the right way' to do things, I'm sure you won't find many Ajax fans who wouldn't prefer Ajax's owners to 'try' (there are no guarantees) and build on this current crop rather than just have fleeting success and being able to proudly show off their balance sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I'm sure Jurgen will get that in the summer if he needs it there's a fair few who we need to move on who'll generate a tidy sum AND cut our wage bill even with 4 top class players coming in

Sturridge Origi Ings Grujic Lallana Shaq Lovren Moreno Clyne

Need to watch our homegrown though as 2 of them made up part of that contingent in our squad, although we are linked with Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek and the young Bristol City LB

They've done an EXCELLENT job at the club.

Valid complaints imo:
    1 they sacked Kenny who arguably only came back to sos and didnt want a long term position in football management. Man gave enough to the club and while people are still pissed he was fired I dont think he minded at all. He looks pretty happy with Jurgen.
    2 selling Suarez, the only player we've sold that hurts and for that price too. But thank fook we sold him out of the country and dont have to see him return to Anfield for another fortnight. Wouldve been a killer to see him elsewhere in the pl.

Pros: got a great age profile amongst the current squad, top players galore, great in the market with Klopp & Co., cl football, finals and semifinals, a serious title challenge, a new stand and a real good feel factor around the club.
    The Allez Allez Allez being sung by the Anfield faithful to the point where the cl theme tune was inaudible on TV coverage v Porto at Anfield - exemplified the changes at the club.
    Yearly top4 discussions will we make it, to doing the big double being a widespread and credible belief in the fanbase. Just wow. Jurgen deserves his dues too obviously.

They've not spent a fortune net spend wise or on wages, good on them imo. More money to continue the investments.
    If we keep our group together over the summer and add roughly as expected, then the excellence should continue into next season. I suspect we will maintain our core and key squad members.
    Last edited by CCTV; 22nd April 2019 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    They've done an EXCELLENT job at the club.

Valid complaints imo:
    1 they sacked Kenny who arguably only came back to sos and didnt want a long term position in football management. Man gave enough to the club and while people are still pissed he was fired I dont think he minded at all. He looks pretty happy with Jurgen.
    2 selling Suarez, the only player we've sold that hurts and for that price too. But thank fook we sold him out of the country and dont have to see him return to Anfield for another fortnight. Wouldve been a killer to see him elsewhere in the pl.

Pros: got a great age profile amongst the current squad, top players galore, great in the market with Klopp & Co., cl football, finals and semifinals, a serious title challenge, a new stand and a real good feel factor around the club.
    The Allez Allez Allez being sung by the Anfield faithful to the point where the cl theme tune was inaudible on TV coverage v Porto at Anfield - exemplified the changes at the club.
    Yearly top4 discussions will we make it, to doing the big double being a widespread and credible belief in the fanbase. Just wow. Jurgen deserves his dues too obviously.

They've not spent a fortune net spend wise or on wages, good on them imo. More money to continue the investments.
    If we keep our group together over the summer and add roughly as expected, then the excellence should continue into next season. I suspect we will maintain our core and key squad members.
    Suarez Coutinho and Sterling all wanted to leave. It would have happened no matter who the owners were. We are not missing any of them imo.

Academy - Harry Wilson scored two goals for Derby today, and has 14 for the season.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief