Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Good job so far FSG

Some clubs like Southampton sell their best players and don't spend anything to replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Some clubs like Southampton sell their best players and don't spend anything to replace them.
    They buy them with magic beans
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    They buy them with magic beans
    And Lawrie McMenemy used to sign has beens.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    And Lawrie McMenemy used to sign has beens.
    Sturridge, Lallana and Moreno need a club with a manager like that this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Sturridge, Lallana and Moreno need a club with a manager like that this summer
    Indeed lol
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    It's ok pal, just keep doing your thing. I'm sure most people enjoy your contributions. I just can't stand moaning about what we don't have - its a philosophical matter that goes wider than football for me - and I think its falling into the trap to lust after big new stadiums. We've just humiliated Barca and the victory was sweeter for me because we are not a super club full of nasty self-servers, but a decent club built over time with a special culture. I can't imagine any owners working better with what we have than this lot, given the current environment, so I find talking as if its completely obvious that they are letting us down a bit strange.
    Agree with every word of that mate.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    It's ok pal, just keep doing your thing. I'm sure most people enjoy your contributions. I just can't stand moaning about what we don't have - its a philosophical matter that goes wider than football for me - and I think its falling into the trap to lust after big new stadiums. We've just humiliated Barca and the victory was sweeter for me because we are not a super club full of nasty self-servers, but a decent club built over time with a special culture. I can't imagine any owners working better with what we have than this lot, given the current environment, so I find talking as if its completely obvious that they are letting us down a bit strange.
    I can't stand it when people try to shut down debate when someone doesn't follow the prevailing narrative.

Nobody is lusting after big new stadiums - but I think to have only facilitated 54,000 seats at this stage does not equate with their original promise nor does it provide close to enough tickets for thousands upon thousands of fans who cannot get see their beloved team without paying a ransom.

Not sure what the heck humiliating Barca has to do with this debate at all and as for us being "a decent club built over time with a special culture"... are we crediting FSG with the might of the clubs history and unique culture too? Are you talking about the club since FSG took over? Are you talking in legacy terms? Or just focussing on now under Klopp? It's rather vague.

"Working with what we have"? You mean the most successful football club in the country (which we were when they took over). If so you need more imagination pal.
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th May 2019 at 12:10 AM.

It's been a long day lads, chill

https://apple.news/AuzYPA9RMTMWcY5tbZVKH-g

Probably makes a mockery of my position but it is an interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Nobody is lusting after big new stadiums - but I think to have only facilitated 54,000 seats at this stage does not equate with their original promise nor does it provide close to enough tickets for thousands upon thousands of fans who cannot get see their beloved team without paying a ransom.
    I was trying to be nice to you there. Pal is a term of endearment in these parts.

You claim not to be lusting after stadiums but Tottenham is your example of a team better run and the reason you give is - look at their stadium. Fair enough, that is your standard. I don't mind that, but I think it's a bad argument. What I don't like about your approach is you state with complete confidence that FSG have not done a good job and Tottenham is your example of owners doing a good job. I think you are lusting after big shiny stadiums and I think that's childish to be honest, but I have tried to argue against your contention that the owners 'should have' done better and that is incontrovertible. I have now officially given up expecting you to have the generosity to admit that FSG may have done a good job, or that your statements to the contrary may be exaggerated.
    So, we have a few thousand less seats than some rivals it's true. Although we have many more than Juventus in their brand new stadium, interestingly. Match day revenues are not the main income source - FSG have done very well with our income sources, wouldn't you agree?
    They've also done very well with our player purchases and wage structure, would't you agree? And player purchases have improved with time as they have learned to rely less on the judgement of the manager. Isn't that an interesting fact? Maybe their objectivity as Yanks who don't know football specifically but know sports generally actually makes them better in this regard.
    It's true we could fit more into the stadium, and that in my opinion is the reason for expanding, and to increase the atmosphere. And we have started to do that in a way that hasn't upset our rhythm and progress, which I think is brilliant. That's been worth the wait. I'm glad they didn't rush into relocation, as I sure they would have been be tempted to do. But the whole point of football is success on the pitch isn't it?

As for the football, we have been steadily improving. I'd say the FSG have actually achieved what we wanted from them, which was to get back to the top. We are back at the top and we are still improving. That looks like success to me.
    Tottenham on the other hand don't seem to be as far along that path. They are not improving in the league, despite impressing you so much. They've scraped into the CL final with an injury hit squad that is a little thin. On top of that, their top players seem to be headed elsewhere. I don't want to be too down on them because they may still beat us in June, but their squad looks like it needs about 5 top new additions to me, even if they keep Erikson. Do you think they will be able to attract them, even if the chairman wants to spend £250 million on transfers? In short, their strategy looks much weaker than ours. We are improving, they are not.So I think you are wrong.
    The only thing they have over us is a shiny new stadium but I realise you're not lusting after that now.

are we crediting FSG with the might of the clubs history and unique culture too? Are you talking about the club since FSG took over? Are you talking in legacy terms? Or just focussing on now under Klopp? It's rather vague.
    Only someone obtuse would think I was crediting FSG with our long history. I am crediting them with running the club well. You are not.

Working with what we have"? You mean the most successful football club in the country (which we were when they took over). If so you need more imagination pal.
    We were long term failures when they took over. They have made us look like the best again. I'm thankful to them for that. You prefer to virtue signal as the tough minded fan who won't let the Americans get away with any credit, even if you have to tie yourself in knots to make the point. Your main argument is its all down to Klopp, but they did sign him after all. It's part of their success. That how success works.
    If by having more imagination you mean demanding everything good happens all at once, then I'll leave you to those fantasies, thanks.
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now