Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Good job so far FSG

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Academy - Harry Wilson scored two goals for Derby today, and has 14 for the season.
    Yeah, we need our homegrown, think we should hold onto him and a few of the other most promising youngsters Jurgen thinks are good enough and include them when we can

Allisson New
    Trent Gomez
    New Matip Van Dijk Gomez
    Robertson New
    Fabinho Wijnaldum
    Hendo New
    Ox Milner Keita
    Mane New
    Fabinho New
    Salah New

5 or 6 28 man squad places left for any youngsters Jurgen rates highly enough
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Suarez Coutinho and Sterling all wanted to leave. It would have happened no matter who the owners were. We are not missing any of them imo.
    True. They all sought their moves but Suarez hurt more as he was superb. The other 2 haven't reached his level plus they behaved very poorly in leaving the club.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    True. They all sought their moves but Suarez hurt more as he was superb. The other 2 haven't reached his level plus they behaved very poorly in leaving the club.
    Suarez was chomping at the Chiellini for a move, not sure why any player would even consider moving now, they get paid plenty are loved by the support, have a great manager and are part of the current best team on the planet, that's going to get even better after the summer, we weren't anything like this good when they left
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Agree. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I'd argue that Suarez was more forced out (by the English Football establishment and the Press) than he actually sought to move.

Not saying he would have turned down a move to Barcelona if he had been offered the chance at any point prior, but we have to remember that we were just coming off a season when we had that silly Evra racism row when the Press when at him in all possible ways.
    And of course, not letting Suarez himself off for anything but he obviously didn't make it any easier on himself while making it easier for them when he then went to the World Cup and had that whole biting controversy which opened the door for Barcelona to come in with an offer since the Liverpool higher-ups and FSG had had just about enough of him, and the press were getting ready to make the following season all about demonizing him.
    I don't think any fans blamed him for wanting to move after all that crap and nonsense and the constant dmeonizing in the English press and media. It's just a shame it had to happen when he was t the prime of his career.

But we always knew what we would get on the field with him - however upset he may have been with other factors outside it - and he never failed to give the club less than 100%. And that's what I loved about him.

Plus he was OUR shithead heel of a troll.
    OURS!

I remember one game when we trounced Norwich City 5-2 at their place and he had another hattrick (he loved scoring against them lot), and I'm not sure if it was his first or second goal, but just prior he had had a one-on-one chance at goal but he scuffed the shot badly and the shot went badly wide, and as he was tracking back visibly beating himself over screwing it up so badly, the Norwich fans behind the net were giving him all the stick in the world laughing at him, and right at that moment there was a shambles of communication between the Norwich defenders that Suarez promptly stole and put in the net with a clinical finish before making a rather expressive run around that back end of the field giving it right back to those fans celebrating in front of them while the Liverpool fans at the away end on the other end of the field were losing their minds celebrating.
    I fucking loved that guy.
    I loved that whole sequence and nothing showed better just how much he got under opposing fans' skins with his antics.

And then in the return game in Anfield he scores the worldie from the half-field line catching the goalie out of position at the Kop end.

Great memories.

I also remember when he won his first Champion's League with Barcelona he celebrated with a Liverpool scarf on in the dressing room.
    Yeah. Him, I miss the most of all our ex-players.
    The others, .....not so much.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 23rd April 2019 at 01:11 AM.
    To be precise it's only a portion of me downloaded via satellite.
    This Gynoid's E-brain lacks.........capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    The ones that have been berating them since they took charge, seem to have gone on holiday.
    I haven’t - and won’t until they make good on their promise to “build a new stadium or redevelop Anfield.”

A single new stand does not equate to either in my book. Anfield in its current guise - is simply not big enough to sustain us long term. The current team is doing amazingly well but many people are short sighted. Take Klopp out of the equation and I doubt anyone is that happy with FSG. We have to credit them for his appointment - but - Klopp has built this side on a budget - should FSG take credit for that? They have done ok but could and should have done more.

The internet (and YOUtube) doth provideth....
    Enjoy some fine vintage Suarez grade-A trolling of poor Norwich fans....
    (4:24-5:40)

https://youtu.be/ccTsUMFgxlw?t=266

Probably my favourite of all the goals that Suarez has ever scored for us just for what he did to those fans.
    It always puts a smile on my face.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 23rd April 2019 at 01:16 AM.
    To be precise it's only a portion of me downloaded via satellite.
    This Gynoid's E-brain lacks.........capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I haven’t - and won’t until they make good on their promise to “build a new stadium or redevelop Anfield.”

A single new stand does not equate to either in my book. Anfield in its current guise - is simply not big enough to sustain us long term. The current team is doing amazingly well but many people are short sighted. Take Klopp out of the equation and I doubt anyone is that happy with FSG. We have to credit them for his appointment - but - Klopp has built this side on a budget - should FSG take credit for that? They have done ok but could and should have done more.
    You may still be here, but you and a lot of others have gone quiet on the subject. If you are expecting us to lay out the kind of money Chelsea City and United do every year, then you are going to be disappointed. It's not how much you spend that brings you success, it's how wisely you spend it. No idea on the state of Anfield as it is.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Anyone who hasn't been to Anfield since FSG have taken over wouldn't know the place. Weather you think it's for the better is another thing but I think it's very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Anyone who hasn't been to Anfield since FSG have taken over wouldn't know the place. Weather you think it's for the better is another thing but I think it's very impressive.
    I definitely wouldn't know it. My one and only visit was back in 1968 lol
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)