Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Good job so far FSG

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Suarez Coutinho and Sterling all wanted to leave. It would have happened no matter who the owners were. We are not missing any of them imo.
    Got something like £257m for them as well.

Salah, Mane, Firmino, Alisson and Van Dijk as a total cost something like £245m.

We've recruited so, so well.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    ] They have done ok but could and should have done more.
    The should have, should they..

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    The should have, should they..
    The should have

You may still be here, but you and a lot of others have gone quiet on the subject. If you are expecting us to lay out the kind of money Chelsea City and United do every year, then you are going to be disappointed. It's not how much you spend that brings you success, it's how wisely you spend it. No idea on the state of Anfield as it is.
    I canít speak for anyone else but I havenít changed my position on the subject one jot - nor have I gone quiet on the subject either. Whenever the owners are debated I state my position. If others have chosen to keep quiet while results are favourable then that is their own concern and shows that their reasoning is either flawed or they are simply venting anger in all directions.

I was thinking the other day. Nobody was talking about the owners.

No news good news. Why. Because nobody is complaining, must be doing something right.

Klopp is exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    I was thinking the other day. Nobody was talking about the owners.

No news good news. Why. Because nobody is complaining, must be doing something right.

Klopp is exceptional.
    Anny Road news would be good belated news

And klopp is the best bit of business they ever did, yes he is exceptional indeed.

Personally i think FSG have done an exceptional job so far, it's taken time, and they'll need to back Jurgen heavily again this summer to put the roof on and a good helping of weather proofing to continue that.

On that subject, there should be a substantial amount of incoming funds from the sale of players surplus to requirments and looking at really shrewd long term business, 2 or 3 the players i suspect Jurgen really wants will be available at a comparitive bargain, Timo Werner isn't signing a new contract so will be available for 35-45m which is at least 25% less than he'd command otherwise and Brandt has a release clause of 22m which is around 50% less than he'd command otherwise, so if Jurgen really wants De Ligt like he wanted Virgil, FSG should do whatever it takes to land him, given his age and that he can be at the club 15 years, even at 75-80m it's still another bargain, you could otherwise spend 30m upwards on 3 CB's in that time period and with fees rising all the time.

FSG have redeveloped Anfield, i'd like to see them continue that good work, working with the local council and community to further increase Anfield's capacity, develop better transport links, develop the surrounding area including affordable housing projects and really smart enerrgy saving ones at that, and in the development of Anfield make it at state of the art, perfect for purpose event arena.

To me that's important because LFC should play a big part in the community of Liverpool and in doing so become an integral part of it, bringing in events, visitors, business and attractions that not only benefit us, but the entire community

In any further redevelopment i'd love to see FSG further that by making say 2,000 matchday tickets from any further expansion available to those who couldn't otherwise afford it at a reduced price
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 23rd April 2019 at 04:27 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtainsĒ

Agree with almost everything above - but personally I reserve the exceptional bit exclusively for Jurgen. If and when the initial outline proposal for Anfield and surrounding area is complete - then I might be able to go along with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Anyone who hasn't been to Anfield since FSG have taken over wouldn't know the place. Weather you think it's for the better is another thing but I think it's very impressive.
    I definitely wouldn't know it. My one and only visit was back in 1968 lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Anny Road news would be good belated news

And klopp is the best bit of business they ever did, yes he is exceptional indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Personally i think FSG have done an exceptional job so far, it's taken time, and they'll need to back Jurgen heavily again this summer to put the roof on and a good helping of weather proofing to continue that.

On that subject, there should be a substantial amount of incoming funds from the sale of players surplus to requirments and looking at really shrewd long term business, 2 or 3 the players i suspect Jurgen really wants will be available at a comparitive bargain, Timo Werner isn't signing a new contract so will be available for 35-45m which is at least 25% less than he'd command otherwise and Brandt has a release clause of 22m which is around 50% less than he'd command otherwise, so if Jurgen really wants De Ligt like he wanted Virgil, FSG should do whatever it takes to land him, given his age and that he can be at the club 15 years, even at 75-80m it's still another bargain, you could otherwise spend 30m upwards on 3 CB's in that time period and with fees rising all the time.

FSG have redeveloped Anfield, i'd like to see them continue that good work, working with the local council and community to further increase Anfield's capacity, develop better transport links, develop the surrounding area including affordable housing projects and really smart enerrgy saving ones at that, and in the development of Anfield make it at state of the art, perfect for purpose event arena.

To me that's important because LFC should play a big part in the community of Liverpool and in doing so become an integral part of it, bringing in events, visitors, business and attractions that not only benefit us, but the entire community

In any further redevelopment i'd love to see FSG further that by making say 2,000 matchday tickets from any further expansion available to those who couldn't otherwise afford it at a reduced price
    They've done well with the main stand - The capacity has gone up from 44,000 to 54,000.
    I believe they are or were looking to expand the Annie Road End.
    The Metro reported in March 2018 that the club is looking to redevelop the stand opposite the main stand.

I feel hopeful FSG will expand the capacity, it's just a matter of having patience.
    I'd love to see a 60,000+ crowd on a European night.

Look at how Spurs have been unable to strengthen their squad due to monies being spent on their new stadium. I think FSG has been very pragmatic, but certainly not cheap, nor having the appearance of just wanting to "cash in" ala H&G.

It seems the infrastructure is being taken care of at a reasonable rate. I do agree that the one thing they have done that has helped on the pitch far and away more than all other factors was to bring Klopp in. When that was announced I truly felt that before he ever coached a session we had become a much more viable option in the eyes of players who were, or had aspirations to become world class.