Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Good job so far FSG

Quote Originally Posted by Augie View Post
    Look at how Spurs have been unable to strengthen their squad due to monies being spent on their new stadium. I think FSG has been very pragmatic, but certainly not cheap, nor having the appearance of just wanting to "cash in" ala H&G.

It seems the infrastructure is being taken care of at a reasonable rate. I do agree that the one thing they have done that has helped on the pitch far and away more than all other factors was to bring Klopp in. When that was announced I truly felt that before he ever coached a session we had become a much more viable option in the eyes of players who were, or had aspirations to become world class.
    Good post.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Note to FSG, when Jurgen really wants a player and believes a very good player will become a world class one and help take the team to the next level do your utmost to get them for him, 2 PFA players player gongs in a row
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Note to FSG, when Jurgen really wants a player and believes a very good player will become a world class one and help take the team to the next level do your utmost to get them for him, 2 PFA players player gongs in a row
    Wasn't Salah supposed to have been third or fourth choice though, rather than the one Jurgen absolutely had to have? I'm sure I read / heard something like that somewhere.

If so, it would be interesting to know who was ahead of him on that particular shopping list...

Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post
    Wasn't Salah supposed to have been third or fourth choice though, rather than the one Jurgen absolutely had to have? I'm sure I read / heard something like that somewhere.

If so, it would be interesting to know who was ahead of him on that particular shopping list...
    I'm pretty sure i know, all 3 of them are German
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post

I remember reading something similar at the time.

In any case, it's probably not Jürgen who identifies these players - it's most likely Michael Edwards and his band of merry Phds.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    FSG seem to be running things 'the right way', however they still haven't invested heavily in the team/squad without a fair chunk of money coming in from the selling of players, hence why Klopp's net spend per year is still only around the £30m-£40m mark. I'd like to see FSG let Klopp spend £100m+ without the need for any of our existing players needing to be sold.
    On one hand I agree...but then on the other hand they must be given credit for getting the football club to look after itself financially.
    They made a lot of mistakes early doors....but it seems their intentions were always honourable...

Saying that they're not benefactors they are businessmen....
    What kind of money actually goes into their pockets from owning the football club?

Thankfully we aren't run like this.

Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Thankfully we aren't run like this.

They've got the right man there. They're always looking for the equaliser.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    They've got the right man there. They're always looking for the equaliser.
    This is the transfer logic of mancs:
    1. Big Name player (who's on the downhill) on another team wanting more money linked with them
    1a. A bright young talent linked with them.
    2. Fans salivate at the idea of this bag name player on their team. Their mouth literally starts to water.
    2a. Fans ridicule the talent saying he's not good enough for the team (without even having to watch a single game)
    3. Transfer happens with #1. Ridiculous wages offered.
    4. Manc fans start to boast that aforementioned player is on their team now.
    5. Player never lives upto the hype their own fans have created
    6. The trashing / bad mouthing begins
    7. No one else wants to pay ridiculous wages for this player.
    8. Fans jump on the 'i told you he's not good enough' bandwagon.
    9. Start with step 1 again and rinse and repeat.

Definitely glad we have some nuance to our transfer dealings. Yes we may have spent a lot, but it was well calculated.

Amazing how the mancs could possibly be looking at losing their best two players in the squad - DDG and Pogba. As long as they don't get Oblak, they will feel the points DDG won them single handedly.

Quote Originally Posted by buck3y3nut View Post
    This is the transfer logic of mancs:
    1. Big Name player (who's on the downhill) on another team wanting more money linked with them
    1a. A bright young talent linked with them.
    2. Fans salivate at the idea of this bag name player on their team. Their mouth literally starts to water.
    2a. Fans ridicule the talent saying he's not good enough for the team (without even having to watch a single game)
    3. Transfer happens with #1. Ridiculous wages offered.
    4. Manc fans start to boast that aforementioned player is on their team now.
    5. Player never lives upto the hype their own fans have created
    6. The trashing / bad mouthing begins
    7. No one else wants to pay ridiculous wages for this player.
    8. Fans jump on the 'i told you he's not good enough' bandwagon.
    9. Start with step 1 again and rinse and repeat.

Definitely glad we have some nuance to our transfer dealings. Yes we may have spent a lot, but it was well calculated.

Amazing how the mancs could possibly be looking at losing their best two players in the squad - DDG and Pogba. As long as they don't get Oblak, they will feel the points DDG won them single handedly.
    They will need more than Oblak to get them challenging again. It's a team mostly of average players with a few exceptions.