Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 138

Thread: Good job so far FSG

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28,350
    Werner and Henry full of praise for Jurgen, all the lads and the fans today

    They now need to do their part and back Jurgen to the hilt to get whichever players in Jurgen thinks he needs to take the team to even higher levels next season

    I appreciate FSG must think it's absolutely brilliant what Jurgen and the players have achieved so far on a net spend averaging just 30m a season, but to continue and sustain that brilliant work they have to back Jurgen to the hilt and make sure we strengthen from a position of strength .

    FSG have done an excellent job to date, this summer is absolutely key as there are quite a few top quality players available who fit what we need perfectly and that's most often not the case and from their side, a business perspective they must realise they have a manager they can trust 100% on players and that they're in a position to help him make the team the best and most successful team on the planet for the next 10 years or more by adding 3 or 4 top quality players this summer and what that will mean for revenue streams
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    14,959
    Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    On one hand I agree...but then on the other hand they must be given credit for getting the football club to look after itself financially.
    They made a lot of mistakes early doors....but it seems their intentions were always honourable...


    Saying that they're not benefactors they are businessmen....
    What kind of money actually goes into their pockets from owning the football club?
    Our one time accountant/auditor on the forum N4C (top bloke) used to state that they don't take any money out of the club.
    Fairly sure they've provided interest free loans from themselves (elsewhere) to themsleves at lfc for all our infrastructural projects too.
    While they've even paid some corporate tax on record profits to the state.
    Klopps net spend per season is roughly the same as Rodgers had during his tenure. Theres been big increases in TV money in both the pl, el and cl. Klopps obviously done well in his 3 European campaigns. One pl TV money increment alone was worth about 30 mill a season. There's money in the kitty for sure imo to spend.

    The strategic development regarding transfers has been very clever. They've built a great squad for a pittance in net spend and now should be able to add the players Klopp wants.

    As 19x points out some of our proposed targets might be available this summer and for cheaper fees as they've not long left on contracts. Thorgan Hazard and Timo Werner for example are entering their final year of contracts.

    Where they are generating profits for themselves is in the price they paid for the club and its increased value to date. Not sure but at a guess they've likely made about a billion in profit should they sell the club now from the price they paid for it.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    8,394
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Our one time accountant/auditor on the forum N4C (top bloke) used to state that they don't take any money out of the club.
    Fairly sure they've provided interest free loans from themselves (elsewhere) to themsleves at lfc for all our infrastructural projects too.
    While they've even paid some corporate tax on record profits to the state.
    Klopps net spend per season is roughly the same as Rodgers had during his tenure. Theres been big increases in TV money in both the pl, el and cl. Klopps obviously done well in his 3 European campaigns. One pl TV money increment alone was worth about 30 mill a season. There's money in the kitty for sure imo to spend.

    The strategic development regarding transfers has been very clever. They've built a great squad for a pittance in net spend and now should be able to add the players Klopp wants.

    As 19x points out some of our proposed targets might be available this summer and for cheaper fees as they've not long left on contracts. Thorgan Hazard and Timo Werner for example are entering their final year of contracts.

    Where they are generating profits for themselves is in the price they paid for the club and its increased value to date. Not sure but at a guess they've likely made about a billion in profit should they sell the club now from the price they paid for it.
    When they eventually leave, the club will be in a much better state than when they bought it.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    14,959
    Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    When they eventually leave, the club will be in a much better state than when they bought it.
    Agree, it looks like we'll see more development of Anfield soon as the new training ground complex is finished. While theres good reason to hope for titles in the near future

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28,350
    Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    When they eventually leave, the club will be in a much better state than when they bought it.
    I don't think they have any intention of selling the club, i do think, 'build it up, sell it on' was initially in their thoughts, i believe however that through their excellent work so far and over time they have come to realise what an incredible and unique sporting institution Liverpool football club is and not only will it make continually increasing profits as long as they continue to back Jurgen to the hilt for what he needs, but for business people like FSG it's an incredible asset to have as part of their portfolio that will continue to open other opportunities for them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Agree, it looks like we'll see more development of Anfield soon as the new training ground complex is finished. While theres good reason to hope for titles in the near future
    And we'll have a much better squad than the one they were left with!

  7. #47
    Funnily all quiet, moans and groans.
    January a lot of flack for not signing a centre back, and a creative midfielder.

    So don't throw it back in their face if we dont win anything.

    But who was wrong back in January?

    Now a CL FINAL, 4 centre backs in contention, do we need a 5th unwanted one that we bought on a panic?

    Creative midfielder, it's a strange one.
    We lose or even draw a game everyone goes into meltdown mode.
    Klopp tactics, selection, need signings, etc.
    Just accept in football that there are some down moments

    Some European away games (4)
    Wolves and Chelsea in the cups
    City away.

    That is 7 games all season.
    Oh and the few draws.

    Klopp in , 'fans' out.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28,350
    January's a dumb time to sign players the majority of the time, Virgil being the exception but that was only because Southampton wouldn't let us sign him in the summer

    And look now, we didn't do any silly business in January and there are quality players that have been long term targets available this summer
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  9. #49
    Exactly. What if we spent £20m in January on a CB just for 4 games.
    Stupid !

    Mind you man u have paid out £68m for a 4 goal Sanchez.

    We are at a peak right now. Bodies back. Players buzzing after the training camps.
    Klopp is a master.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    14,959
    Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Funnily all quiet, moans and groans.
    January a lot of flack for not signing a centre back, and a creative midfielder.

    So don't throw it back in their face if we dont win anything.

    But who was wrong back in January?

    Now a CL FINAL, 4 centre backs in contention, do we need a 5th unwanted one that we bought on a panic?

    Creative midfielder, it's a strange one.
    We lose or even draw a game everyone goes into meltdown mode.
    Klopp tactics, selection, need signings, etc.
    Just accept in football that there are some down moments

    Some European away games (4)
    Wolves and Chelsea in the cups
    City away.

    That is 7 games all season.
    Oh and the few draws.

    Klopp in , 'fans' out.
    Let it out dicko, it's not good to keep it pent up

Similar Threads

  1. Nev: Why calendar is good for Reds
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th March 2019, 10:50 AM
  2. Nev: Calendar good for Reds' mentality
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th March 2019, 08:10 PM
  3. Nev: A draw good for Liverpool
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st March 2019, 11:40 AM
  4. Is this a good year to face Bayern?
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th February 2019, 06:01 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th January 2019, 01:20 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •