Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now


Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 138

Thread: Good job so far FSG

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,025
    You know, i'm sure FSG will back Jurgen to the hilt again this summer within our means and the regulations. I posted another thread earlier, mostly because i'm very proud of what Jurgen and the boys are achieving and building as we can still improve a lot, and FSG have done an excellent job so far, they created a sustainable model that operates within all the rules that will continue to grow rapidly on and off the pitch. To do what we're doing is incredibly special, even moreso in light of what we're competing against
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You know, i'm sure FSG will back Jurgen to the hilt again this summer within our means and the regulations. I posted another thread earlier, mostly because i'm very proud of what Jurgen and the boys are achieving and building as we can still improve a lot, and FSG have done an excellent job so far, they created a sustainable model that operates within all the rules that will continue to grow rapidly on and off the pitch. To do what we're doing is incredibly special, even moreso in light of what we're competing against
    Indeed it is.

    I don't think we'll make huge signings this Summer in the £75m bracket, but we do have a couple of areas where a touch more quality in depth would be ideal, or to be pedantic about it, arguably just a case of better "fits" - Sturridge, much as I can admire his quality, isn't a "Klopp" player in terms of work-rate off the ball and pace into channels (probably terrified of injuring himself) and if we had someone who could come on for any one of the front three without a quality drop who knew they were getting those last 20 minutes or so / were in genuine contention to usurp someone, that would be great.

    I'd also be very happy (but don't think it'll happen) with acquiring the best centre-back we can (that Klopp actually wants, not just a "name") to partner Van Dijk, so something like Lovren out, De Ligt/Varane in.

    With Henderson's "new" position some people may feel we don't need an extra creative mid now - is there a player out there who could play in the front three AND play one of the midfield roles and be a rotation/injury spell option to cover all of those? That could be a novel way to address the depth issue.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Indeed it is.

    I don't think we'll make huge signings this Summer in the £75m bracket, but we do have a couple of areas where a touch more quality in depth would be ideal, or to be pedantic about it, arguably just a case of better "fits" - Sturridge, much as I can admire his quality, isn't a "Klopp" player in terms of work-rate off the ball and pace into channels (probably terrified of injuring himself) and if we had someone who could come on for any one of the front three without a quality drop who knew they were getting those last 20 minutes or so / were in genuine contention to usurp someone, that would be great.

    I'd also be very happy (but don't think it'll happen) with acquiring the best centre-back we can (that Klopp actually wants, not just a "name") to partner Van Dijk, so something like Lovren out, De Ligt/Varane in.

    With Henderson's "new" position some people may feel we don't need an extra creative mid now - is there a player out there who could play in the front three AND play one of the midfield roles and be a rotation/injury spell option to cover all of those? That could be a novel way to address the depth issue.
    Your last point is a good one. Klopp has shown he likes versatile players who can do a few jobs. Would be ideal if we could get an attacking player who could arguably fill any of the front 3 positions or take an attacking mid role. That way that player would be kept happy as they'd have more than enough games throughout the course of a season.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Indeed it is.

    I don't think we'll make huge signings this Summer in the £75m bracket, but we do have a couple of areas where a touch more quality in depth would be ideal, or to be pedantic about it, arguably just a case of better "fits" - Sturridge, much as I can admire his quality, isn't a "Klopp" player in terms of work-rate off the ball and pace into channels (probably terrified of injuring himself) and if we had someone who could come on for any one of the front three without a quality drop who knew they were getting those last 20 minutes or so / were in genuine contention to usurp someone, that would be great.

    I'd also be very happy (but don't think it'll happen) with acquiring the best centre-back we can (that Klopp actually wants, not just a "name") to partner Van Dijk, so something like Lovren out, De Ligt/Varane in.

    With Henderson's "new" position some people may feel we don't need an extra creative mid now - is there a player out there who could play in the front three AND play one of the midfield roles and be a rotation/injury spell option to cover all of those? That could be a novel way to address the depth issue.
    I think Fekir can do this job, whether we go back in for him and whether he want's to join us is the big question (questions!)?

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    I think Fekir can do this job, whether we go back in for him and whether he want's to join us is the big question (questions!)?
    From what i've read the only reason we didn't sign Fekir and brought in Shaqiri as a stop gap at the 11th hour was the medical revealed an issue with the knee surgery he'd undergone so for his fee and wages signing him was considered too great a risk, i don't think it's likely we'll be back for him.

    We're linked with a few midfield playmakers who operate at LCM or 10, Werner for CF, DeLigt at CB and a few players for RFWD some of whom i'm certain Klopp believes could operate at RCM and RF, most of these look very much Klopp players and are exactly what we need to take the team/squad to a higher level

    We're also linked to 2 young English players who play LB and RB respectively
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,025
    We really do need 3 or 4 top class additions, i expect FSG will back Jurgen to the hilt this summer for players he believes will continue our development and take us to higher levels of performance, for me it's not a case of adding like for like, as Jurgen rightly said, there are 500,000 ways to win a game of football, so it's about adding more top quality who will fit our style of play and incredible work ethic who bring something a little different.

    There are games we really do need an out and out CF like Werner for (who can also comfortably play Mane's role), one of Jurgen's tactical changes is a 442 diamond which really needs that top class CF, there are so many park the bus games where playing 3 right up top will be necessary, having the option to bring on a player of that quality to change to 3 right up top or to attack a full back already exhausted by Mane is also essential

    At RF another player with lightning speed, but more 2 footed than Mo and a superior dribbler who can comfortably go either way and break opposition defensive lines and create panic and goals is also essential

    In midfield a LCM or RCM playmaker who can ideally also operate as a 10 is also vital

    And a long term CB partner for Van Dijk who is a great defender who's also great in the air defensively and offensively is also essential

    For me that's what this summer should be about getting in those 3 or 4 top quality players who will take us to the next level AND who will give us different attributes and higher ability and strengths in different skills that will give us far greater options and possibilities for winning games, changing games from the bench and seeing games out.

    The power of Anfield and the power of belief will be raised several notches also if we get these players in, that vehement belief from the players and fans when a player of top quality is introduced from the bench to make a difference
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,025
    If anyone had any doubts FSG and our negotiating team are fully committed to retaining our best players and making Liverpool football club dominant in domestic and European football again the 'plus 100m clause' they put into the deal that saw Coutinho leave, to put a stop to any further attempts by them to try and unsettle and poach our best players should tell you otherwise.

    Absolutely brilliant, i wasn't aware of this until as Barca paper started a Robertson rumour today, but apparently after their appalling behavior over Coutinho the ngotiating team put a clause in the deal that were they to approach any of our players in the future they'd have to pay 100m on top of any fee
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    25,104
    Nineteenx, FSG haven't 'backed Klopp to the hilt' thus far. His net spend per season is around the £30m mark. He/we have got players like VVD and Alisson via selling the likes of Coutinho, Ibe' Solanke etc, and not because FSG have 'opened up their collective wallet' and given Klopp a massive wedge to spend.

    Backing Klopp to the hilt would mean them giving Klopp around £200m to spend irrespective of any player sales, and quite frankly that's exactly what they should be doing given what he/we have achieved in recent seasons.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    4,702
    Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but, I read somewhere that Barcelona have had to pay another £4.3m of the Coutinho deal for reaching the CL semifinals. Every little helps.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Nineteenx, FSG haven't 'backed Klopp to the hilt' thus far. His net spend per season is around the £30m mark. He/we have got players like VVD and Alisson via selling the likes of Coutinho, Ibe' Solanke etc, and not because FSG have 'opened up their collective wallet' and given Klopp a massive wedge to spend.

    Backing Klopp to the hilt would mean them giving Klopp around £200m to spend irrespective of any player sales, and quite frankly that's exactly what they should be doing given what he/we have achieved in recent seasons.
    Playing devils advocate noods, but we don’t know what they’ve made available to Klopp. I realise he might not say otherwise, but he’s only ever insisted that he’s been given what he needs, and the club have signed the players he wants. I’ve never met Jürgen Klopp, but I would guess that he is the kind of man that would walk away if he didn’t get what he needed to do the job. I don’t think the owners would risk that.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Similar Threads

  1. Nev: Why calendar is good for Reds
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th March 2019, 10:50 AM
  2. Nev: Calendar good for Reds' mentality
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th March 2019, 08:10 PM
  3. Nev: A draw good for Liverpool
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st March 2019, 11:40 AM
  4. Is this a good year to face Bayern?
    By Sky Sports in forum LFC News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th February 2019, 06:01 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th January 2019, 01:20 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •