Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Good job so far FSG

@Southetnboy

We don't know exactly what Klopp has or has not had to spend, however what we do know is that we still have players on our bench and in our squad that are not only obviously not good enough, but players that Klopp has little time for. With that being the case, I'd suggest that Klopp has not been given any kind of massive wedge to spend, as if he had, most if not all of these players would not even be in our squad, never mind on the bench or even playing.

I agree completely regarding the drop-off on the bench. Something that needs addressing in this window I believe.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Nineteenx, FSG haven't 'backed Klopp to the hilt' thus far. His net spend per season is around the £30m mark. He/we have got players like VVD and Alisson via selling the likes of Coutinho, Ibe' Solanke etc, and not because FSG have 'opened up their collective wallet' and given Klopp a massive wedge to spend.

Backing Klopp to the hilt would mean them giving Klopp around £200m to spend irrespective of any player sales, and quite frankly that's exactly what they should be doing given what he/we have achieved in recent seasons.
    They've spent a lot of money on the ground/stadium, training pitch and making sure our best players (and manager) are tied down to long and very well paid contracts. I have feeling that when the season ends they will back Jurgen again. Remeber how quick they were to spend after the disappointment of losing the CL final? They are not stupid, they know that they've got one of (if not) the best managers in the world and need to keep him happy. In my view, Jurgen holds all the cards and they will bend over backwards to keep him happy. If we don't buy the 5 players that the fans want, it will be down to Jurgen not wanting that many big names not the owners. I have always said I trust in Jurgen and I think the owners do, Jurgen knows best.

I also think Jurgen has faith in the youth and may want to blood a few next season from the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    They've spent a lot of money on the ground/stadium, training pitch and making sure our best players (and manager) are tied down to long and very well paid contracts. I have feeling that when the season ends they will back Jurgen again. Remeber how quick they were to spend after the disappointment of losing the CL final? They are not stupid, they know that they've got one of (if not) the best managers in the world and need to keep him happy. In my view, Jurgen holds all the cards and they will bend over backwards to keep him happy. If we don't buy the 5 players that the fans want, it will be down to Jurgen not wanting that many big names not the owners. I have always said I trust in Jurgen and I think the owners do, Jurgen knows best.

I also think Jurgen has faith in the youth and may want to blood a few next season from the bench.
    He's on the verge of signing a new deal. Great news for everyone.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

I agree, they will back him to the hilt in the summer to bring in the players he wants and feels he needs to continue the fine work he has done so far and bridge the gap between consistently challenging for the games biggest prizes and consistently winning them and dominating domestically and in Europe as they know how much that is worth.

The players we bring in will be, except barring circumstances beyond our control such as ridiculous fees or wage demands, exactly the players Jurgen wants.

Absolutely fantastic news Jurgen is to get a new long term contract and thoroughly deserved
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    He's on the verge of signing a new deal. Great news for everyone.
    That's the best big money signing we've ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I agree, they will back him to the hilt in the summer to bring in the players he wants and feels he needs to continue the fine work he has done so far and bridge the gap between consistently challenging for the games biggest prizes and consistently winning them and dominating domestically and in Europe as they know how much that is worth.

The players we bring in will be, except barring circumstances beyond our control such as ridiculous fees or wage demands, exactly the players Jurgen wants.

Absolutely fantastic news Jurgen is to get a new long term contract and thoroughly deserved
    Jurgen know what he wants and how he wants to play. A lot of fans criticise his team selections/why he picks certain players but he's always proved he knows more than any of us (except for dropping Trent for Gomez in Barcelona but I forgive him for that )

Jurgen know what he wants and how he wants to play. A lot of fans criticise his team selections/why he picks certain players but he's always proved he knows more than any of us (except for dropping Trent for Gomez in Barcelona but I forgive him for that )
    I agree, even the best get it wrong sometimes, like picking Lovren at any point in the series of must win games v Newcastle, then having to sub him and move Fabinho to cb, or dropping Fabinho for big games instead of bringing Hendo in at RCM alongside him, no-one's perfect all the time and sometimes although not very often, the fans are right, but very rarely and only ever because running a football club like ours is such a massive job and like with all things, sometimes a fresh pair of eyes that isn't in it every day can see something that's been missed or overlooked

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I agree, even the best get it wrong sometimes, like picking Lovren at any point in the series of must win games v Newcastle, then having to sub him and move Fabinho to cb, or dropping Fabinho for big games instead of bringing Hendo in at RCM alongside him, no-one's perfect all the time and sometimes although not very often, the fans are right, but very rarely and only ever because running a football club like ours is such a massive job and like with all things, sometimes a fresh pair of eyes that isn't in it every day can see something that's been missed or overlooked
    Agreed, the way I see it is that Jurgen watches these guys train every day, so he knows their fitness levels and state of mind. Lovren is an enigma, he has all the tools to be a brilliant centre back but his footballing brain lets him down on the odd (being kind here) occasion. It may help that Lovren is Salah's best mate!

Agreed, the way I see it is that Jurgen watches these guys train every day, so he knows their fitness levels and state of mind. Lovren is an enigma, he has all the tools to be a brilliant centre back but his footballing brain lets him down on the odd (being kind here) occasion. It may help that Lovren is Salah's best mate!
    Re my post in the Diouf thread on players, for a team in another country where the top side in their top division would have a hell of a fight on their hands to get a top four place in the EPL, where the game isn't as fast and teams don't try and lump it to a big bruising centre forward as frequently, Lovren will be a top top cb, but for us he's a player in the middle of his peak whose peak level isn't of a high enough quality to play as we play in the league we play in, he's not a bad player, he's been a very good player, but as the way we play and our best 14 or 15 players have evolved to a much higher level, he's no longer good enough for what we need. If one of the Italian clubs stumps up 30-40m for him, they'll be getting a bargain