Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Good job so far FSG

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Didn't you notice the incredible (to me anyway) rebuilding of the main stand without having to leave Anfield? If they do that with further expansion of the ground won't the gradual nature of the rebuild without moving to another ground be excellent in terms of continuity?
    As for Anfield Road, do you know anything of the problems the club has had with acquiring the necessary properties for expansion that goes a long way back in history, before FSG?

Incredible to you? -I imagine you aren't that fussy and don't expect much... Lucky you. As for the issue around the area - I happen to know quite a lot about Anfield road as for years my mother was a school teacher at a school less than a stones through from the stand. There really is no excuse for that stand to have not been built already..

Anfield is competitive.
    With whom? Spurs? Arsenal? City? United? Please explain how a stadium with bare more than 55,000 seats can be competitive with stadiums with 60,000 or more? Or with a stadium with over 75,000 seat? You are dreaming and following a PR offensive. Only way that can work is to fleece the relatively small number fans that already have access.

I don't care if other grounds have more numbers today. Anfield will get bigger and will be a better stadium than the rest with or without having the most seats.
    I hope you are right about future and long overdue expansion and I do care if our stadium is the 6th biggest... IMO a disgrace for a club with one of the biggest fan bases on the planet..!

You're doing it. Isn't putting down myths a form of judgement? You're making judgements, I'm disagreeing with them
    you are disagreeing with what? the fact that they are myths to me?- of course it's my judgement - who else is writing... if it isn't me myself and I?

Hypothetical reasoning, and not true given that there is only one reality and it's the one loaded with the problems that come with history. They had problems to deal with and they have been dealing with them step by step, in my opinion impressively.
    What problems did they have that our rivals haven't faced? The fact that the club rested on its' laurels for decades while rivals built for the future... perhaps..? but that is precisely what needed addressing IMMEDIATELY IMO.

We don't have a sell to buy philosophy. We had some world class players who wished to leave even though we didn't want to sell them.
    All evidence suggests you are wrong.

So you're allowing them time to get it right (even though it hasn't even happened yet)? None of this 'where they could be now' if they hadn't spent a season and a half at Wembley and failing to invest in the team? That's ok for them is it?
    I don't want us to be like Spurs a club with barely any history compared to ours - don't you get it? I hope and expect as much more compared to Spurs as our history is compared to theirs. Spurs have not done ANYTHING perfectly BUT they are STRIVING to become competitive with far bigger clubs, look how far they have come and how fast. While IMO we have been doing "the best we can" and I want more than that.. is that OK with you?

Glad you're not in charge of player purchases. What you're saying does not tally with the information coming out of the club. We have a scouting system that is giving us an advantage. It is helping Klopp.
    Nice one... but seriously now " the information coming out of the club" Are you for real?. You believe what business A has to say about the running of it's own business.. Sweet Jeysus.. Would you take what Theresa May has to say about her leadership as gospel?

A human has to also own and manage the club upstairs. You were praising 'Spurs' a minute ago. You didn't mention Pochettino. I could go on about how they've reached the Champions league final despite under-investment, thanks to a brilliant manager, but the conversation has to have some discipline. You're always moaning about the owners and then claiming to be praising them when confronted. I'm just pulling you up on it. I think the club is being well run and that is main reason for our footballing progress. When we bought Van Dijk and Alisson, that wasn't Klopp signing the cheques. If rumours are true, he wasn't keen on Salah, but that purchase came about as result of good research and pragmatic decision making. That's a sign that things are going well right through the club. It's only fair to acknowledge that.
    But they haven't JUST reached the CL final have they Taksin. They have finished higher than us almost every season now for years... Or have you been unaware of that fact. They already had a team that was competitive Taksin or hadn't you noticed?
    As for the owners where am I praising them??? I think they played a blinder getting Klopp BUT believe it was purely to get the most for the least.. Fair play. I think you should pull the owners up from time to time - might do you some good to stop defending our poor little rich kids from across the pond. They are not Liverpool FC you know and they are really just here to sign the cheques.. You believe that Klopp's success at Liverpool FC is down to them - I firmly do not..

You think the club is being well run - that's fine mate. I think it is being very conservatively run and also that were it not so conservative we would - in all likelihood have won something more than 1 League cup in nearly 10 years.. There is nobody who hopes you are right more than me - but I have my opinions and they are as valid as any.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    @Taksin Fabinho wasnt unearthed by scouting. He was on the radar of nuneours top clubs, having played a significant part in the league title triumph over PSG and getting to a cl final.
    Robertson wasnt an unknown but arguably his addition has yielded results that even the more positive of us could not honestly foresee, hes been that good - awesome.

Another great thing about our signings is the sheer content of their character irrespective of the colour of their skin. Top fookin lads on and off the field.

Interesting - and they are great lads - but do we believe these players are simply great characters or are they perhaps responding to the amazing qualities of our Jurgen. A man who even united fans hate to love.. He is infectious - you cannot help but love the man. Take the science and the strategic planning and the tactics and god forbid - even the scouting out of the equation and you still have Jurgen Klopp.. The man is pure magic... Do I believe Robertson is half the player he is if he goes to Arsenal..? Not a prayer - or Salah back at Chelsea... How about Firmino had Rodgers stayed??? Get outta town.. These guys are playing on another level for the Kloppmeister IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    But never forget they are in it to make money...
    You have to make money to spend money
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    While IMO we have been doing "the best we can" and I want more than that.. is that OK with you?

It's fine by me if you wish to fill your mind with logically incoherant thoughts like this but I wish you wouldn't share them on a forum because it's impossible to argue, or even have a conversation with someone who goes round in circles in order to be right-at-all-times.
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

My logic may seem incoherent or lacking logic to someone for whom understanding seems to be an issue.

I am really sorry but my thoughts on this are clear and pretty simple. I am sorry that you would rather I donít share my views, but that is the entire point of such a forum. You donít like my position on these matters - thatís fine... get over it and move on.

FSG have done a great job so far, Rome wasn't built in a day and we were a long way behind a lot of teams in how the club was run before they took over, a fucking long way, we're now at a stage where if we continue to develop as we have been we'll have 150m a season to pick up any top class players we need 'if' Jurgen feels he needs them without any risk of falling foul of FFP, City will get what's coming to them eventually
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtainsĒ

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I was going to mention the point about the increase in corporate hospitality. One of the reasons FSG hired Klopp was his ability to succeed without 'spending' big sums of money. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if they are already thinking "Well he's done well so far on a budget, why not just get him to continue in the same vein?".

As I said before, our squad still needs improving and having the 'fat' trimmed off. If we/Klopp go into next season with many (if any) of these players either still at the club, or at least not relegated down the pecking order, I think it's safe to say that FSG are not giving Klopp access to the level of funds his/our performances deserve.

Like I said, if he's not been promised circa £200m (without any major player sales) then FSG aren't as great as some think they are, especially when it comes to on the field matters, namely financially backing the manager.
    I'm looking forward to this next transfer window. We are likely to move or "sell on" a large number of (squad) players either at the end or near the end of their contracts. We also have the Sky money and the Champions League money before anything else is brought into the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    While I get your frustration/criticism I think there is a fair bit of intelligence in how we've gone about things.
    Let's pretend when Klopp came in they sat him down and said open cheque book who do you want to sign. He gave them a list that'd satisfy his squad needs and a list of people to get rid of also. In this scenario there'd be overspending on ascertaining all these players and a bigger loss on getting rid of players. Let's pretend this didnt hamper him in signing new talents that emerged in following seasons too.
    The way they've done it they've gotten good returns on players we've moved on and been able to sign players for fees that we very might well have paid more for had we we been perceived as a bottomless pits of cash ala the oligarchy clubs. It's unlikely we could have attracted the calibre of player we now can attract. While the wages required could have left us in our own Adebayor/Sanchez problems.

Really VVD and Alisson are the only big fees, while Fabinho and Keita are the only ones above the Carroll fee and that's ignoring footballs inflation rate.

100 mill net spend to evolve the squad as weve done is amazing, the fact it's taken a bit longer than we'd like is a bit of an attached reality imo, it could have been a bit quicker. Think we're at the point now where those we might very well sell this summer are players that we/he wouldn't mind losing whether fees are involved or merely wages off the books.

This summer should indicate how we're doing. Theres potential to sell/release a few players and really there arent too many berths to fill out the squad.

Funny thing is there are a fair few options in attack that could be got on the cheap, 3 players we've been linked with are entering their final years of contracts, one with a set release clause of about 25 mill iirc. While another whose not out of contract next summer has a release clause of about 35 mill this summer. A few of these options could provide the playmaker role in midfield/Cam that people call for but can play in wide attacking roles which is where they would be needed more so.

Deligt would cost about the same as dejong and that is a big enough fee. But amortized over the future of such a player it represents value. Left back cant see us spending too much on a back up for Robbo. Not seen any names mentioned for this position.

Show me the pudding
    Agree - some of the players we are linked with, or believe would be a good fit, should be available for reasonable fees.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    I Believe they've always had good intentions and up until recently, bad advice.

But never forget they are in it to make money...

How much love do they have for Soccer?

They probably do love their American Sports concerns but we were a great Investment opportunity.

I'm not saying that's good or bad....The Jury's out ....But I think they're starting to realise investing in success will make them more money.
    If they were really interested in the club, they'd be over here more often than they are.
    I think you're right, we're an investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    My logic may seem incoherent or lacking logic to someone for whom understanding seems to be an issue.

I am really sorry but my thoughts on this are clear and pretty simple. I am sorry that you would rather I don’t share my views, but that is the entire point of such a forum. You don’t like my position on these matters - that’s fine... get over it and move on.
    It's ok pal, just keep doing your thing. I'm sure most people enjoy your contributions. I just can't stand moaning about what we don't have - its a philosophical matter that goes wider than football for me - and I think its falling into the trap to lust after big new stadiums. We've just humiliated Barca and the victory was sweeter for me because we are not a super club full of nasty self-servers, but a decent club built over time with a special culture. I can't imagine any owners working better with what we have than this lot, given the current environment, so I find talking as if its completely obvious that they are letting us down a bit strange.

I don't know what to make of coming second this year. 97 points is one of the greatest achievements by any club ever - and we've been pipped at the post. Let's hope we can keep the momentum going, build on the quality of play and maybe this loss will improve us mentally in some way. I'm thankful to see the club at the top again after so many years of underperforming. If anything we over performed this year - so, long may it continue.

I genuinely believe that, in the next year (or maybe two), we'll have a squad comparable or better than Man City, and without abusing FFP or costing exorbitant transfer fees or wages.