Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Naby Keita

Naby Keita

Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita is out for at least two months with a thigh injury suffered in the Champions League defeat at Barcelona.

The Guinea international will miss the rest of the season and is doubtful for the Africa Cup of Nations, which starts on 21 June in Egypt.

"It is unlucky," said Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp. "A high-grade adductor injury; the tendon is ruptured.

"Bad news for us and him as the Africa Cup of Nations is coming up."

Keita was forced off after 24 minutes in the first leg of the semi-final at the Nou Camp, which the Reds lost 3-0.

He will miss the return leg at Anfield as well as Liverpool's remaining two league games against Newcastle United and Wolves.

Disappointing end to a difficult first season. We’re starting to see some green shoots from him, be good for him to have a nice rest and a full pre season.
    "I am the Normal One."

It was the scissor challenge from a Barca player in the first few minutes, that opened up his groin..He was never right after that. He tried to play on, But not luck.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    It was the scissor challenge from a Barca player in the first few minutes, that opened up his groin..He was never right after that. He tried to play on, But not luck.
    That was a yellow all day long. One of a few awful decisions against us.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    If the roles had been reversed, I would have not been surprised in the slightest if Keita had been sent off.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    If the roles had been reversed, I would have not been surprised in the slightest if Keita had been sent off.
    Spanish teams seem to get a horrendous amount of luck in the European competitions. I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Spanish teams seem to get a horrendous amount of luck in the European competitions. I wonder why?
    Because the two biggest clubs outside of England are Spanish, and most of those involved at the top end of FIFA/UEFA are non English. Unfortunately for us everyone else is bitter/jealous of England/Britain/UK and the Premier League, and as such they will do whatever possible to f-us over.

Well, i hope Keita makes a full and speedy recovery
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Because the two biggest clubs outside of England are Spanish, and most of those involved at the top end of FIFA/UEFA are non English. Unfortunately for us everyone else is bitter/jealous of England/Britain/UK and the Premier League, and as such they will do whatever possible to f-us over.
    Seriously?! What sort of jingoistic, inferiority-complex, little Englander bullshit is this?
    Note: NO-ONE is jealous of England/Britain/UK

Quote Originally Posted by jamesugw View Post
    Seriously?! What sort of jingoistic, inferiority-complex, little Englander bullshit is this?
    That's why UEFA and other top European leagues are pushing for a European super league, something that will strengthen their teams, but weaken the English teams. I suggest you go and read up on the subject. The PL urinates all over the other European leagues in terms of both popularity and finances, and the latter don't like it one bit. Everyone knows that UEFA desperately want a Barca v Real Madrid or Messi v Ronaldo final year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesugw View Post
    He did say bitter/jealous, i don't believe anyone outside the uk is in any way jealous when British clubs are very successful in Europe, they are bitter though, bitter as hell, the UK in general isn't very well liked or thought of throughout Europe
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”