Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Unlikely heroes

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Apart from him, it was the usual suspects Alisson and Van Dijk.
    Yep. The difference makers. And people scoffed at their price tag! Worth every cent.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yep. The difference makers. And people scoffed at their price tag! Worth every cent.
    Correct our best two on the night as well.

We have seen with De Gea & Cech what a good keeper can do for you glad we got Alisson huge upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Tell you what if we go on to win the title, i know big if

Origi has had a huge part to play, saved us a few times and I can't believe i'm saying that
    He's done it again!!!!!!

he's gone from zero to 100 this season, wow the goals he's got has been super important

Curtis Jones
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Phillips, Chirivella, Williams, Larouci, Elliott

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Phillips, Chirivella, Williams, Larouci, Elliott
    All of them from last night. To beat a full strength team from the premier league with the side we put out was a tremendous achievement. Credit to every one of them.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    All of them from last night. To beat a full strength team from the premier league with the side we put out was a tremendous achievement. Credit to every one of them.
    Absolutely, what a performance! That's what it's all about, all that training, all that hard work, going onto the pitch and using and focusing all of that to enjoy playing the game to the very best of your abilities, collectively and individually

Can we crown Trent Alexander Arnold as the scouser of the decade !?!?!?

Alright then, it's that time again, everybody and their dog has been slagging Jurgen off for his absolutely correct decision to play our U23's in the FA Cup replay v Shrewsbury when arrangements had already been made a month earlier for our first team squads first week of their winter break and they are talking as though we're throwing the cup game v Shrewsbury, like Jurgen I am 100% NOT having any of that.

I watched these lads against Villa, had they had a better striker of the pitch and showed a bit more composure and belief and thought of it as an opportunity to show how good they are with no fear rather than showing in their end product they felt the opportunity was pressure rather than the reward they could have won that game v Villa.

So, although not so unlikely heroes in my view, as the rest of the football world expects us to get beaten, while I believe these young lads should be good enough to get the win and book our spot in the 5th round v Chelsea and keep the quintuple dream alive, let's have a look who 'the other people will consider as unlikely heroes

Kelleher

Williams Hoever Van Den Berg Lewis

Clarkson Chirivella Jones

Elliott Hardy Millar

I have every faith in our young guns and thoroughly expect them to be too good for Shrewbury who will themselves be under pressure playing against an U23's side and from the Anfield crowd and be expected to try and attack more rather than sit back and counter, whereas our lads will be playing with no pressure, brimming with confidence at their opportunity and reward to show everyone what they can do in a fourth round FA Cup tie at Anfield