Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now


Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 176

Thread: How long will this investigation continue?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    25,454
    @Balinkay

    The thing with Guardiola is that he's had the best, plus more cash than anyone else to buy even more of the best. With that being the case he really should be winning everything, every season. Anything else is a failure, and that's before you factor in his CL record, the one competition/league where teams will actually attack his teams. That is the reason why his defensive record looks good. Very few teams have/do/will attack his teams, namely because they are so stacked with attacking talent that the smaller teams are scared of a spanking and effectively just park the bus. Our record was superb despite the fact that unlike City, teams still tried to have a go at us for the most part.

    I don't get your point about "the truth". What truth? Everyone knew what City was about well before Guardiola took over so there is no excuse. He took the job knowing full well who was funding City and how they were funding them. Most of the general public know, so you'd think soneone actually involved in the game would know who they are getting into bed with and what goes on to allow clubs to do what the likes of City do.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,163
    Only thing we can do is just improve and beat them, hope we draw them in Cups and in the Champions League because it's another opportunity to beat them, they can only field 11 players, they can only have a match day squad of 18 players, beating them and beating them consistently is the only way you stop City and get rid of Guardiola.

    And I don't just mean beating them, I mean beating them to Premier League titles, Champions League trophies and Cups, winning this year's Champions League title is the first step
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 19th May 2019 at 02:47 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  3. #103
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Pep Guardiola has apologised for any offence Manchester City players and staff caused after a social media clip emerged from their flight back from Brighton on Sunday.

    fair play pep

    Why did that plastic cunt of a club fully deny it then though?
    He didn't apologize FOR the perceived offence they caused.
    He apologized IF anyone was offended by what they did.
    Go back and read the actual apology transcript.
    I laughed when I saw it.

    That's not an apology.
    That's a standard boilerplate Non-apology apology.
    Politicians give it all the time, and from the way it was worded it seems like it might even have been mandated (if not written) by the higher-ups at his club.
    (not that he didn't feel the same).
    Compare it to any of the times we've had to apologize (either the club or Klopp himself).
    An "IF" doesn't belong anywhere in an true and well-meant apology.

    They're not apologizing because they felt there was anything wrong with singing a celebratory song that appropriates your rival's fans' song and then twisted it to mock the supporters suffering violence (in the streets or wherever).
    They're apologizing because of the row it kicked up and because they were cornered into an apology of any sort by the press in a press conference.

    Have you heard any of the actual players in that video singing those disgusting lyrics actually apologizing?
    Kompany?
    Mendy?
    Anyone?
    Of course not.


    And people here talking about Pep being a decent fellow, and I'll be honest, I used to like him when he was at Barca and sticking it to Real (whom I hate more) and probably even when he was at Bayern.
    But honestly, the way he's carried himself this season especially, when they've been under pressure by us for the title, and all the shit-talking and attempted head-games - I think he's a piece of shit just like everyone at that shitty club.

    Which probably explains why he went to work there in the first place.

    And which is why I'll always respect someone like Klopp more.
    Klopp took at job at a club that was clearly struggling and not in the place they were meant to be and rebuilt them to be challengers.

    Pep joins club that are either already winning (like Bayern) or have all the pieces in place with the necessary hundreds of millions in transfer fees available to add more and then everyone hails him as great when he eventually does win.

    And the reason they're gloating all over the place (from De Bruyne with his "we're just better than them" to the Sterlings with his "Nobody wants them (Liverpool) to win" to Pep with his "Nobody in the press wanted us to win" comments) and so loudly so, is because deep down they know we're better than them, something that will be affirmed if we go on and win that one big trophy they've utterly failed at even challenging for.
    We're the club that's stopped them from winning it or being in a position to win it directly in humiliating fashion (last year), and we're the club that's headed to our second final in consecutive years and our third European trophy final when Pep hasn't even got to them to one.
    We're also the club that took it right to them when all other clubs just lay out the welcome mat for them and bent over.

    So I can understand why they feel the way they do because come a couple of weeks, that trophy they won yesterday, along with the title and all the plaudits, will likely ring a bit more hollow, when the reality will be that you can't even call yourself the greatest club in Europe - if not your own league - when there's an actual European Champion's League Defending champion in the same league.
    (either way it turns out, sine it's an all-English final, but more so if it's us who win it)

    And they know it.
    And deep down it burns them
    To be precise it's only a portion of me downloaded via satellite.
    This Gynoid's E-brain lacks.........capacity.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    City of Self Doubt
    Posts
    13,974
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    @Balinkay

    The thing with Guardiola is that he's had the best, plus more cash than anyone else to buy even more of the best. With that being the case he really should be winning everything, every season. Anything else is a failure, and that's before you factor in his CL record, the one competition/league where teams will actually attack his teams. That is the reason why his defensive record looks good. Very few teams have/do/will attack his teams, namely because they are so stacked with attacking talent that the smaller teams are scared of a spanking and effectively just park the bus. Our record was superb despite the fact that unlike City, teams still tried to have a go at us for the most part.

    I don't get your point about "the truth". What truth? Everyone knew what City was about well before Guardiola took over so there is no excuse. He took the job knowing full well who was funding City and how they were funding them. Most of the general public know, so you'd think soneone actually involved in the game would know who they are getting into bed with and what goes on to allow clubs to do what the likes of City do.
    Sorry, I probably didn't word it well enough. I meant that sure, we all "know" City are filthy cheaters, but what if they aren't? What if it's legit? Not like people haven't been wrong on such shite before. That's why some suit at UEFA gets paid the big bucks to look into this stuff.

    I do agree he should be winning everything and he kind of has. He's done well in the CL and he's not been the only one with nigh unlimited funds during his time at the top.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    21,161
    Absolutely impossible to tell how good Pep is, when he’s had a massive advantage over every other team at every single club he’s managed.
    I don’t believe he’s a better manager than either Bob Paisley or Fergie. While both may have had certain advantages at their respective clubs, it wasn’t to the extent that Pep enjoys and he still hasn’t won the Champions League at City nor did he at Bayern.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,163
    Give that journo a cigar, fucking about time, this journo pissed all over Pep's treble by asking him if he'd received any secret payments like Mancini did to boost his wages

    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pep-guardiolas-fury-talk-secret-16297443
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    City of Self Doubt
    Posts
    13,974
    Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Absolutely impossible to tell how good Pep is, when he’s had a massive advantage over every other team at every single club he’s managed.
    I don’t believe he’s a better manager than either Bob Paisley or Fergie. While both may have had certain advantages at their respective clubs, it wasn’t to the extent that Pep enjoys and he still hasn’t won the Champions League at City nor did he at Bayern.
    I have to be honest, I don't remember how good real were when he was at Barca. What was wrong with them that he had such an advantage? In general in terms of pull, money and prestige Real are possibly the only place on earth that's more alluring than Barca.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    25,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Sorry, I probably didn't word it well enough. I meant that sure, we all "know" City are filthy cheaters, but what if they aren't? What if it's legit? Not like people haven't been wrong on such shite before. That's why some suit at UEFA gets paid the big bucks to look into this stuff.

    I do agree he should be winning everything and he kind of has. He's done well in the CL and he's not been the only one with nigh unlimited funds during his time at the top.
    Come on now Bali!?!? You have eyes and a brain, as I'd like to think we all have. Look at what City have already been proved of doing, and look at where they were, and where they are now after a relatively small period of time. You only have to look at their stadium on any given match day (never mind very big/important games) to know that what they've achieved both on and off the pitch does not match the amount of money they are supposedly worth, and as a result the amount of money they've spent on players.

    As for having faith in UEFA doing their job, are you having a laugh?!?!? They are both corrupt and spineless, never mind being run by a bunch of businessmen who know/care little about what's actually right and what's good for the game.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    179
    Newspapers today full of articles about how hollow yesterday's victory is, the tide is turning it seems. I think the problem is it's not even fun to watch anymore, us and possibly Spurs are the only teams in the country that can consistently give them a proper game which means that nearly every game they play is pointless as teams just give up. For a neutral it's just boring as games are over in 30 minutes, think that coupled with the means in which they've reached this level is starting to irk people. In fairness it makes the fact we pushed them to the last day of the season even more impressive.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    City of Self Doubt
    Posts
    13,974
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Come on now Bali!?!? You have eyes and a brain, as I'd like to think we all have. Look at what City have already been proved of doing, and look at where they were, and where they are now after a relatively small period of time. You only have to look at their stadium on any given match day (never mind very big/important games) to know that what they've achieved both on and off the pitch does not match the amount of money they are supposedly worth, and as a result the amount of money they've spent on players.

    As for having faith in UEFA doing their job, are you having a laugh?!?!? They are both corrupt and spineless, never mind being run by a bunch of businessmen who know/care little about what's actually right and what's good for the game.
    I don't dispute any of those things. The point is, there are mechanisms in place for determining whether or not someone is guilty of something. Mechanisms on which we've all agreed.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th April 2019, 11:54 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th March 2019, 11:30 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th March 2019, 10:40 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th March 2019, 04:01 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th February 2019, 01:10 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •