Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 16 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will this investigation continue?

How long will this investigation continue?

This has been going on since March, so I don't anticipate it will be resolved any time soon, reading this article it looks pretty damning

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/07/manchester-city-uefa-investigation-ffp-champions-league-ban

Etihad has sponsored City since May 2009, following Mansour’s 2008 takeover, with the club always stating that all the money for carrying the name on their shirts, stadium, academy and other branding came from the airline. An internal email between City executives published by Der Spiegel states that the value of the partnership by 2015-16 was £67.5m. Of that, the email said, “£8m should be funded directly by Etihad and £59.5m by ADUG”, which is Mansour’s own City holding company.

Not a huge amount of money in today's game, I'm curious to hear from whoever posted that our wage bill was higher than City's on FFP figures and how on earth that's possible
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I honestly don't know how they have paid out 100s of millions in players and what 500 million+ since pep as arrived. I don't recall man-city recuperating much in player sales..I just don't know how they do it.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Actually, it's better with the lyrics

Well, your friends with their fancy persuasion
    Don't admit that it's part of a scheme
    But I can't help but have my suspicions
    Cause I aint quite as dumb as I seem
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 10th May 2019 at 01:16 AM.

Probably get fined £2m and not be allowed to take players on loan for one window, or some other daft "punishment" that won't effect them at all.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Great tune. I love the bass as the song opens. Sang by the legend that is Paul Carrack.
    Im off to add it to my spotify.

The investigation will go on until Man City have 'made sure' that all those involved in the process 'realise' that they've done nothing wrong, or at worst something that only deserves a tiny tap on the wrist.

They should have had at least a seasons CL ban, a v.heavy fine, and a transfer ban the last time the broke FFP rules. If found guilty this time (I wouldn't hold your breath, irrespective of the truth/what we all know), all the above should definitely occur, but with both bans lasting a number of years.

However as we all know (at least those with their 'eyes' open and at least one functioning brain cell), that simply won't happen irrespective of what Man City 'may' have done.

#Money, money, money,
    Must be funny,
    In the rich man's world.
    Money, money, money,
    Always sunny,
    In the rich man's world

..brown envelopes changing hands..

..don't hold your breath waiting for an appropriate punishment..

It'll go on until UEFAs Christmas Party, travel and hospitality budget has been taken care of for the next 10 years - then we'll hear nothing more about it ever again.