Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will this investigation continue?

@Nineteenx

You're "certain" that UEFA (another corrupt organisation) are going to close down the avenues that allow clubs to circumvent FFP?

I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you. UEFA's major concern is money, and we all know who has the most money. If anything, City will likely get a 'gentle tap' on the wrist to create the illusion that UEFA are serious about FFP and the impact that these 'oil clubs' are having on the game. They aren't going to do anything close to what they should be doing, especially as it may upset those they have 'dealings' with, and that's before you factor in who one of the key members of UEFA happens to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riera11 View Post
    Reaction on twitter after that FA cup game seems to be people finally having enough of City, yes they're incredible but when you're playing to a different set of rules it makes the whole league/cup pointless
    Seems a bit hollow given all the talk of the famous Quadruple. They only did what was expected of them.

(Apart from falling short in the Champions League again)

As much as there are people who are corrupt within UEFA, unless they're going to scrap FFP altogether they'll have to. Unless they close the wages loophole, there is nothing whatsoever to stop every other club getting other business people they know to set up an image rights company and half their FFP wage bill. It would be very easy for FSG to set up their own 'non profit' image rights company separate from LFC and have them pay half our players wages and I'm sure practically every other club out there could do it, so UEFA have to stop that, or scrap FFP altogether
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I couldn't give a damn what he does or does not do. Those that think he's doing this because he's decent are either Man City fans, or someone who needs to open their eyes and give their heads a wobble.
    He's a professional football manager. The best of his generation and probably among the best of all time. He goes to clubs that pay well and those tend to have decent players. It's not his job to care how the money gets there - it's the FA's. And it looks like the FA has failed miserably at enforcing its own rules.

Also consider every club has its fair share of shady dealings - City and Barca probably more than most, but still.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    He's a professional football manager. The best of his generation and probably among the best of all time. He goes to clubs that pay well and those tend to have decent players. It's not his job to care how the money gets there - it's the FA's. And it looks like the FA has failed miserably at enforcing its own rules.

Also consider every club has its fair share of shady dealings - City and Barca probably more than most, but still.
    Best of all time? Steady on.

It's debatable whether he's the best of his generation, largely because each club he's been at has been the richest or possibly 2nd richest club and already had the best players before he was given a ton of cash to go out and buy many more of the world's best players. Despite that he's only won the CL at one of those clubs, and many people think he only won with Barca because he had the widely held 'goat' playing for him. People think he's a genius, but given how his teams play, it seems he's a 'good' attacking coach who allows his teams to just go out and attack. He/they rarely need to defend, but when he/they do, they tend to have problems and often come unstuck, hence why they lost more games than us and why he/they keep coming up short in the CL, the one competition where you actually do need to defend, and also show some 'heart'.

It may not be his 'job' to worry how his club(s) got their cash, but it his his moral duty to care. If he didn't care about it before he joined, then he's not going to care about it at any point. There is 'shady' and there's 'corrupt as fk'. We all know which level of each the three clubs he's managed belong in.

What's he supposed to do? Go and say "my boss is a shitehead"? He'll probably get killed if he did something like that.
    Do you think he was bailed into the back of a car flown to Qatar and forced to accept the ambassadorial role for the world cup.
    Xavi & Eto'o too.

There've been many criticisms of both Abu Dhabi's man city and the Qatar world cup by numerous human rights watch groups.
    All great contributors to football the Barca boys. But let's call a spade a spade and say the city humanitarian pr campaign is a bit hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Seems a bit hollow given all the talk of the famous Quadruple. They only did what was expected of them.

(Apart from falling short in the Champions League again)
    They were expected to bail out of the cl again. Peps been trying to convince people he couldn't win the pl if he'd made the semifinals of the cl.
    Maybe he needs a bigger squad, who knows...

Track record is out there he's botched it in the cl for a fair few consecutive seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, i'm pretty certain UEFA will close down the avenues to circumvent FFP following this investigation, that'll be a start

Other teams fans should keep their mouths shut until they start employing better managers with more balls because half their clubs did a complete no show against City and made it far too easy for them
    City will spend a fortune on lawyers as stated before. Even if UEFA hand them some ban it's very likely the CAS will overturn it.

Listening to the last head of Wada and the picture of sport it's utterly contemptible and wada has no effect today on stopping drugs in sports.

I wouldn't put match fixing beyond them.

@CC - he was probably about as "forced" into that as Higgins was into throwing snooker frames.

@teesred - some prestigious football magazine or other had him in the top 5. I must admit, I can't list 15-20 managers off the top of my head that are "objectively" better than him.

@Noods - this is the whole "he didn't go to Scunthorpe and win the CL" argument. You play with what you've got - some do it with Traore, some do it with Messi. He's also a professional - of course he's going to go to the biggest and richest clubs. I do agree his CL record is starting to count against him, however. Think this year was about as good a chance as he'll have with City. He really should have won it with Bayern, but was forced to play agains Real and the entire officiating team in the semifinals one year. Not going to lie, enjoyed seeing him on the other side of that for once.

And yes - I too wouldn't go to such a club on principle. But like I said, most clubs have filthy shite in their past or present. And like I said - there's people who's sole jobs is to worry about such things. They are surely more likely than him to figure out the truth of the matter, no? What if he makes a mistake. I also don't buy into the "he can only attack" narrative. Guardiola's defensive record in the league has been very good throughout his career. Yes, in the CL it's been worse with City, but so every team's, including ours.
    Last edited by Balinkay; 19th May 2019 at 12:35 AM.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non