Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will this investigation continue?

Too late, they've already had their hands all over the trophy, it's tainted now.

I really hope they get a heavy punishment, even a 1 year CL ban isn't enough but I just can't see it, that oil money runs too deep in Uefa and Fifa now.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    How come teams like birmingham get points deducted, from what i can see not even over a expensive transfer or much difference in the FFP rules

yet city get away with everything?
    It is because one is the premier league and the other is the football league.

Of course you are correct but its a wait & see I guess.

Edit:- Speaking of this lot their own players have done a "nice" song about us on the coach from Brighton.....Karma is going to get them one day.
    Last edited by LEGS; 14th May 2019 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Take a wild guess...

As representatives of Abu Dhabi Man City are in an extremely favourable position. The money flow from this Emirate into our economy and indeed much of Europe is immense. It buys far more than just players, it also buys you the law..
    Agree, wholeheartedly and the press.....

Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post
    Fingers crossed though right?

It begs the question, how long would City's and PSG's owners stick around if they were banned from playing in the competition they want to win more than any other?
    Of course.

Don't think it'd make much difference. These lunatics arent easily altered.

If City are found guilty or breaching FFP rules through creative accounting, they should face a 2 season Champions League and transfer ban or longer, for an 'open' period until UEFA are satisfied the club is now running in line with FFP regulations, you have to remember these allegations are historic and date back to 2015, although, this might prompt UEFA to look back further and they should be on a transfer ban and suspended from the Champions League until such time the club have earned the amount of money needed to put them back in conformation with FFP

As for the English FA, because it is historic, they should be treated under the rules of any club that falls into administration through spending money they don't have, or in City's case spending money FFP regulations does not permit them to spend.

Any sanction should be historic as the allegations are, as if found guilty it would mean that City have won titles and trophies by breaching FFP regulations and in doing so, have brought in numerous players to help them win those trophies they would not have been able to had they conformed to FFP rules, it would effectively mean that City have cheated every other club in the English league's. The FA should take the strongest possible action if they are found guilty and impose a 12 point deduction on City for every season they have been in breach and for next season AND strip them of any trophies they've won during that time, including the League title if they didn't win it by more than 12 points, even if that hands United and Chelsea a couple more titles.

You look at Chelsea, they've reigned in their spending and made every attempt to conform with FFP rules, and doing so has caused them to slip away somewhat, although they have won recent titles on the back of players they signed before they had to reign their spending in.
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 14th May 2019 at 04:04 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Reading the allegations there's a very straight forward way of determining if City are circumventing FFP by transferring some of it's costs to the 5 other clubs the group owns.

List all tansfers in and out - what has been their net spend
    List all players at the club and their wages
    List all staff at the club and their wages including fees for contract terminations
    List all other running costs

Add all of that together, does the total for all that match the totals in submissions made to FFP? if not why not? Have some of these costs been somehow transferred or adjusted onto/across the balances of the 5 other clubs the group owns? Are any sponsorship deals paid for by the owner reflective of market value?

If you apply it like that, I can't see any way in this world that City are or ever have been complying with FFP, transferring running cost for one club to the balance sheets of the 5 other clubs you own, creative accounting, would be deliberately circumventing FFP, it would be fraud

If an athlete is caught cheating they are stripped of their titles. This is no different. Financial doping is just as bad as match fixing in my book.
    I said the other day their success will be short lived. The most hollow club in the world who are built on sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Take a wild guess...

As representatives of Abu Dhabi Man City are in an extremely favourable position. The money flow from this Emirate into our economy and indeed much of Europe is immense. It buys far more than just players, it also buys you the law..
    Justice is lost
    Justice is raped
    Justice is gone

No way they'll really miss out on Europe for a season.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    It is because one is the premier league and the other is the football league.

Of course you are correct but its a wait & see I guess.

Edit:- Speaking of this lot their own players have done a "nice" song about us on the coach from Brighton.....Karma is going to get them one day.
    Is this them chanting always the victims, thought that was on a plane.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Is this them chanting always the victims, thought that was on a plane.
    It was on the bus on the way back from the Brighton match after winning the league.

It could be construed that the song was about Sean Cox just as easily as it could be that it was about Hillsborough.
    They're a vile lot that shower of shite.

They definitely did mention Salah and the time he was injured after Kompany tackled him and Kompany is seen clearly singing the song.

Not surprised to see that the media isn't giving this any press or attention.
    If it was us slagging off some other club like the Mancs and Munich, you'd never hear the end of it.
    To be precise it's only a portion of me downloaded via satellite.
    This Gynoid's E-brain lacks.........capacity.

Well, anyway, fuck City, as I keep saying, we'll beat then next season, we were better than them this season, they won't have it 'easy' for the first two thirds of next season, we're well prepared for every team we face making it difficult, we've dealt with that every game this season and let's make sure we dick them every single time we play them.

Neville was bleating on about great managers, interestingly, Mourinho failed to win the Champions League at Chelsea as Pep will fail to at City as he failed to at Bayern

I think teams put together the way Chelsea's was and City's have been will never be as strong long term as teams that were built and developed together over time as ours has been and when the team developed over time becomes higher quality than the quickly assembled team of mercenaries, the time developed team will always be superior