Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will this investigation continue?

Season 2015-16

Kevin De Bruyne (Wolfsburg, £51m)

Nicolás Otamendi (Valencia, £34m)

Fabian Delph (Aston Villa, £8m)

Patrick Roberts (Fulham, £7m)

Season 2016-17

John Stones (Everton, £47.5m)

Leroy Sané (Schalke, £37m)

Gabriel Jesus (Palmeiras, £28m)

Ilkay Gündogan (Dortmund, £24m)

Claudio Bravo (Barcelona, £13.8m)

Nolito (Celta Vigo, £14m)

Oleksandr Zinchenko (Ufa, £2m)

Season 2017-18

Kyle Walker (Tottenham, £53m)

Benjamin Mendy (Monaco, £52m)

Bernardo Silva (Monaco, £43.5m)

Ederson (Benfica, £35m)

Danilo (Real Madrid, £26.5m)

Aymeric Laporte (Athletic Bilbao, £58m)

Season 2018-19

Riyad Mahrez (Leicester, £60m)

That's a total of 18 first team players signed in 4 seasons for 594.3 million with an average wage of around 160k a week, another 149.760m plus existing players at 200k a week 41.6m plus managerial and backroom staff 52m

That would make their outgoings on signings an wages and average of £391.9 million a season for the last 4 seasons, that's not including other running costs or their extensive and expensive youth recruitment.

Does anyone legitimately believe they're breaking even on FFP?

Their average over the 2 seasons 2016-2018 was £460 million a season

There's very obviously 50m missing somewhere from their player wage bill for a start

Also some very questionable alleged salaries quoted here

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-city-f.c/payroll/

Aaaaaah, that's where the missing wages are, and it's a damned site more than 40m missing wages, not subscribing to The Times for the full article, but the gist of the allegation is that City set up a scheme called 'Operation Longbow' in which they agree to pay a player say 150k a week, but the player is paid say 100k a week that goes on City's payroll and the other 50k or more a week is paid by a separate company allegedly for their image rights and does not go towards City's FFP wages, which seems a very obvious FFP avoidance scheme and explains why my earlier links figures of what City players wages are has some incredibly questionably low wages quoted for certain players

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/manchester-city-hid-40m-off-wage-bill-lnhc90fcn

And allegations like this little nugget, where allegedly doubled Mancini's salary but kept if off City's books by paying him for an alleged advisory role to one of City's other clubs

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/08/manchester-city-secretly-paid-roberto-mancini175m-offshore-account/
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 15th May 2019 at 05:41 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    They're such vile fucking shithead cunts.

I know it probably won't happen, but I would really love it if the UEFA decision came down real hard on them like a ton of bricks with a 2 year Champion's League ban and a matching transfer window ban.

One can dream.
    Ive just read about this now. Wow. What a classless pack of pricks, players, fans, staff. Fergie was right about the cunts.
    An absolute nothing club. Theyre like that knobead in the street driving a range rover or has a "bar" in the back garden and thinks they are bigtime. They can have all the money in the world, theyre still just a chavvy rarf. It doesnt buy class.

And there's also this little nugget, where it's alleged that City's alleged 'sponsors' for FFP purposes don't pay the full amount of alleged deals, but that the majority of the alleged sponsorship deal is paid for by City's owner's holding company

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/07/manchester-city-uefa-investigation-ffp-champions-league-ban

An internal email between City executives published by Der Spiegel states that the value of the partnership by 2015-16 was £67.5m. Of that, the email said, “£8m should be funded directly by Etihad and £59.5m by ADUG”, which is Mansour’s own City holding company.

So to summarise the allegations are City have set up a number of 'schemes' designed to circumvent FFP, FFP avoidance schemes if you like, which include:

Falsifying their player wage bill by splitting the figure, perhaps even halfing it in some cases by the club paying the amount submitted to FFP and another 50% or more being paid to the players by a separate dummy company created which allegedly pays the players for their image rights and the figures for which don't appear in City's FFP submissions

Falsifying staff wages by making up their salaries with payments for alleged 'advisory roles' for their other 5 clubs

Alleged club sponsors only paying a fraction of their alleged sponsorship and the rest being paid by City's owner's holding company

And on top of that if the allegation of 'image rights' payments is correct, there's likely a double whammy in that to further reduce City's FFP liabilities in it being likely that they claim City sell the image rights to the company for several millions a year, so not only do they half their actual wage bill, but it creates another avenue by which their owner can put more money into the club by paying well over the odds for image rights

There's another interesting issue regarding the alleged 'Operation Longbow' scheme, you may all remember Lionel Messi facing charges of tax evasion in Spain which related to a scheme exactly the same and money he had received for 'image rights' maybe a friendly email to the HMRC suggesting they look into the tax returns and affairs of all City staff is in order?
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 15th May 2019 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    They're a disgusting club plastic throughout, full of scum just like the other half of manchester

I'd still rather not win title for 5 year and they do.

As long as we don't turn into them cunts, thank fuck we're a real club

Manchester City have denied accusations their players celebrated winning the Premier League with a chant relating to Liverpool fan Sean Cox or the Hillsborough tragedy.
    We hate Utd obviously but even they arent as classless as that lot. Atleast Utd do things right, theres none of that shit from the actual players. Fans are awful to eachother, thats football but City right from the off have been smalltime. Theyre pathetic. Let them get on with it.

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Doesn't all this just make you want our lads want to kick their sorry arses even more?

It also made me want to report them to HMRC for potential tax evasion in undeclared image rights, so I did
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 15th May 2019 at 07:13 AM.

https://www.facebook.com/empireofthekop/videos/785588785174822/UzpfSTUzMjk0Mjk5MjoxMDE1NjM1MjA5MDc3Nzk5Mw/

Wowwww look at that big party celebrating

So plastic, that's depressing hahaha

Best thing to do is win the champions league and rub that into their faces, I think we'd easily of had the better season then overall

"It is unclear which players and staff - if any - are joining in the singing."

If any? wtf!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48276093

The song - which City described in a statement as a "regular chant during the 2018-19 season" - recalls Liverpool's defeat in last year's Champions League final in Kiev.

City also said in their statement that "any suggestion that the lyrics relate to Sean Cox or the Hillsborough tragedy is entirely without foundation".

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/empireofthekop/videos/785588785174822/UzpfSTUzMjk0Mjk5MjoxMDE1NjM1MjA5MDc3Nzk5Mw/

Wowwww look at that big party celebrating

So plastic, that's depressing hahaha

Best thing to do is win the champions league and rub that into their faces, I think we'd easily of had the better season then overall
    Typical of them. My over half's brother in law supports that lot. She takes the piss out of him because he supported Oldham until the money turned up 😏

Quote Originally Posted by mol View Post
    Typical of them. My over half's brother in law supports that lot. She takes the piss out of him because he supported Oldham until the money turned up ��
    As is typical of most of their 'fans' these days. I know a so called City fan who went through their whole Facebook history to delete any evidence that they were once a Liverpool 'fan'. Money burns folks....
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!