Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: How long will this investigation continue?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    To be honest, I think Guardiola's decent, by his demeanour I think he is expecting to get a ban from UEFA competition, and he seems genuine, he does actually seem embarrassed by the actions of people at his club
    I concur.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Nah. Sorry but I'm not buying this "Guardiola is decent" nonsense. All the clubs he has been at have engaged in dubious shenanigans and rarely if ever has he come out and condemned or apologised for these antics. He knew what City was like and therefore he was okay with what they were/are doing as otherwise he would never have joined them.

Any 'apology' is only being offered because he's being cornered on the subject and thus has little to no choice other than to 'apologise'.

What's he supposed to do? Go and say "my boss is a shitehead"? He'll probably get killed if he did something like that.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    What's he supposed to do? Go and say "my boss is a shitehead"? He'll probably get killed if he did something like that.
    I couldn't give a damn what he does or does not do. Those that think he's doing this because he's decent are either Man City fans, or someone who needs to open their eyes and give their heads a wobble.

I dont like him at all. He puts over this nice guy image but I do t buy it. Plus I cant stand the superlatives about him, hes had the three easiest jobs in football. He should clean up the amount hes spent.

Like I have said dozens of times. the opposition against them have no quality what so ever.. Watford in the first half just sat off. and let mancity have the ball.They sat so deep. a lot of the time everyone was in watfords half apart from the city goal keeper.
    The lack of being able to break from deep of any quality is pathetic.
    We have Mane and Salah.and it looks like Keita could be like Oxlaide and carry the ball forward from midfield. But I look at the rest of the league.The lack of real talented forwards/midfielders is very evident.
    Leader of all..master of none..

I refuse to be bitter about it, any manager if he came to the club that financed him bringing in the players he wanted would be more than happy, the manager doesn't deal with the accounts, he doesn't deal with the FFP, he'd just be happy he can bring in who he wants and trust that the people who are looking after FFP are doing so according to the regulations, and if he asked he'll get told by the people looking after it that they are doing so.

whatever happens from this investigation will affect City, I think they very well might get a one season UEFA competition ban, I think UEFA will look at how they have managed to circumvent FFP and close all the loopholes, which will absolutely affect City and probably a few of the Spanish clubs, suddenly a vast amount of wages they've kept out of their FFP returns will be back in, which will put them at a deficit and see them having to move some players on and no longer be able to keep such an extensive squad of top internationals who all stay happy because they get paid a King's ransom.

Teams like City, PSG, Barcelona and Real were always going to try and stretch the parameters of FFP and attempt to continue to spend whatever they liked and get around it, I think this City business will hopefully put a stop to it.

They can only field 11 players, they can only name 18 in a match day squad and our lads job is to keep working as hard as ever and developing and be better than City and I'm confident they will achieve that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Reaction on twitter after that FA cup game seems to be people finally having enough of City, yes they're incredible but when you're playing to a different set of rules it makes the whole league/cup pointless

Quote Originally Posted by riera11 View Post
    Reaction on twitter after that FA cup game seems to be people finally having enough of City, yes they're incredible but when you're playing to a different set of rules it makes the whole league/cup pointless
    Sums it up in a nutshell.

Well, i'm pretty certain UEFA will close down the avenues to circumvent FFP following this investigation, that'll be a start

Other teams fans should keep their mouths shut until they start employing better managers with more balls because half their clubs did a complete no show against City and made it far too easy for them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”