Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: El-Hadji Diouf - Tit

El-Hadji Diouf - Tit

I know everyone hates Suarez at the moment but is there a bigger dickhead to have played for us other than this prick?

Former Liverpool man El-Hadji Diouf has once again criticised club legend Jamie Carragher, claiming he was viewed favourably because he ‘is a Scouser’.

Senegalese forward Diouf flopped at Anfield after joining the club for £10million from Lens in 2002, scoring only six goals in 79 matches.

It is not the first time that the 38-year-old has dug out a Liverpool legend as he previously hit out at former captain Gerrard – who admitted he had “no respect” for Diouf in his autobiography.

“Steven Gerrard is a great club player but an egotist,” Diouf said in an interview with French magazine So Foot.

“He didn’t care about Liverpool winning – all that mattered for him was getting on the scoresheet.

“The person I would least want to spend Christmas with is Jamie Carragher. I hate him. He was the biggest turkey I’ve seen on a pitch. I found him useless.”

Now, Diouf has decided to go after Sky Sports pundit Carragher – who made over 700 appearances for the club – once again by criticising his ability and the preferential treatment he received.

“He was a right-footed player with two left feet,” Diouf told beIN Sports.

“If he wasn’t a Scouser, a son of Liverpool, he would never have had the career he did.”

He's just bitter and twisted. Never good enough for this club either.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    He's just bitter and twisted. Never good enough for this club either.
    He was absolute dog shite, seems the only way he can keep himself in the limelight is by slagging off players who were 1000 times better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    He was absolute dog shite, seems the only way he can keep himself in the limelight is by slagging off players who were 1000 times better than him.
    Spot On.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

I’ve got a lot of respect for El-Hadji Diou... said nobody, ever.

How is he still getting a platform to speak from?
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I’ve got a lot of respect for El-Hadji Diou... said nobody, ever.

How is he still getting a platform to speak from?
    He wears Cuban heels
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Carra was great for us, for me he was never the best player, not at Sami's level and nowhere near Virgil's, but he gave it his all every single game and would 'run through brick walls' for the club, for me he stayed a little too long, there was a point he lost his ability to spot the ball, i was at Anfield when Arsenal beat us in a crucial game for Kenny courtesy of Carra not spotting the flight of 2 balls to let Van Persie in, i'd seen lapses creeping in earlier than that, at the same time Kompany was available for 6m and wanted him in to replace Carra, prior to City getting billionaire owners as well, he was still just under 30 then and the game and level of players was evolving rapidly, it perhaps wasn't lapses so much at that age as players in general improving hugely and Carra starting to struggle in a position neither Evans or Houllier considered him good enough for, legend as he was, there's no place for sentimentality in top flight football when it comes to retaining long serving players

No offense intended, just the plain honest truth, if he couldn't spot a ball i could see where it was heading from the stand he had no business playing cb for a top Premier League club at that stage of his career, he was still better than Lovren is now at that point mind
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 11th May 2019 at 08:48 PM.

By the way, i wasn't agreeing with anything that tw@t Diouf said, Carra is a club legend, he was another unlikely hero of 2005 who played well above his level in the Champions League final.

We've had a lot of club legends, many of them far better players than Carra comparitively in the era they played for the club, not many finished their careers at the club, it's always tough letting great servants to the club go, but as Shankly, Paisley and Kenny to a lesser degree all knew, the game is ever evolving as are players and after their peak 3 or 4 years, players start a downward spiral, some can still be better than anyone else you could possibly bring in for 3 or 4 years after their peak, most only a couple of seasons and our greatest managers managed this brilliantly, moving legends on when they were still exceptional players by most players standards and commanded good fees and bringing in the next exceptional players a year or two prior to their peak, at a time when we had 6 or 7 players at the club who were at the beginning of, in the middle of or reaching the end of their peak years.

That's it, that's the secret to continued success and domination, you get to the stage in which you have 6 or 7 players in their peak, have another 4 or 5 that are approaching their peak and move on 4 or 5 who are 2 to 3 years past their peak or never reached their potential, or reached their potential but the evolutionary process of building like this saw the level of the team/squad rise well above some players peak quality as has happened with our squad this season, hence a few squad members will be moving on

El Hadj Diouf....Thought he did ok in the 2003 League Cup Final when we beat Man U 2-0...Apart from that he was a bag of shyte...The horrible little koont!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    El Hadj Diouf....Thought he did ok in the 2003 League Cup Final when we beat Man U 2-0...Apart from that he was a bag of shyte...The horrible little koont!!...
    I don't even want to give him credit for that, all I see is a team sheet of 10 players that day!