Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: VAR - ffs

VAR - ffs

VAR. Anyone else think it's going to be a total shambles in the Premier League next season?
    Dodgy refs.
    (hope this hasn't been posted before btw)
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Really donít want it myself, itíll take away the most important part of the game, the explosion of euphoria when a goal is scored, while we all wait the decision of the nasty man sat in front of a screen somewhere.

Not a fan either.

I don't want it for the main reason most of the time it wont clear up 50/50s. Then it will come down an official deciding any way. So I don't see any change.Goal line technology is fine, That should be it. as far as I'm concerned
    Leader of all..master of none..

No time for it whatsoever.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I don't want it for the main reason most of the time it wont clear up 50/50s. Then it will come down an official deciding any way. So I don't see any change.Goal line technology is fine, That should be it. as far as I'm concerned
    Spot on.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Personally I cant wait....if anything the whole double jeopardy will add to the drama waiting for that ruling.

As for 50 50s iit's all down to your interpretation of the rules and only one opinion counts.

VAR alerts him to the fact he may of made a mistake he now has a chance to reevaluate the situation and make his interpretation of the rules.

You and I may not agree with that interpretation but their can be no real complaints as the system now ensures that every effort has been made to make sure the Ref has all the relevant information.

One Jury will convict while another won't butas they say the law has been served.

There is no perfect system but in this circumstance serious conflict over a decision will probably indicate that the rule itself needs more clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Personally I cant wait....if anything the whole double jeopardy will add to the drama waiting for that ruling.

As for 50 50s iit's all down to your interpretation of the rules and only one opinion counts.

VAR alerts him to the fact he may of made a mistake he now has a chance to reevaluate the situation and make his interpretation of the rules.

You and I may not agree with that interpretation but their can be no real complaints as the system now ensures that every effort has been made to make sure the Ref has all the relevant information.

One Jury will convict while another won't butas they say the law has been served.

There is no perfect system but in this circumstance serious conflict over a decision will probably indicate that the rule itself needs more clarification.
    Why do we need drama? We just want the correct decisions. VAR won't guarantee that.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post

On the other hand, if you have a ref who's not the best, they have a first opportunity to give or deny something, possibly followed by a second opportunity to give or deny the decision they wanted initially.

I look at two incidents that make me believe it's going to be chaos, in the Champions League:
    1 Sadio's goal in Porto - correct decision eventally but the celebrations were muted because it took so long to make it.
    2 Man United's penalty against PSG - no effing way was that a penalty, and it decided a very big game.

If our officials use it as efficiently as the German officials do in the Bundesliga for offside's and penaly calls it'll be a good thing

We'd have won the league this season if VAR was in operation, and with a couple of games to spare with 99 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtainsĒ