Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: VAR - ffs

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Glad i've not tuned into the cup final.

If they were playing Spurs or someone like that I would have done its a pointless forgone conclusion.

People on rawk laying into Watford but what did people expect ??!!
    Watford played really well but like too many other teams wasted or missed their chances, fielding Gomes was a nice touch, but he was a fucking disaster for City's second goal, the Watford defender was right there, making a good angle for him, all he had to do was make sure he had a really good angle just outside his near post to cover both posts and it's never a goal
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Well the public deserve this final just looked at the score.

At least we haven't won it is the thoughts of many hope they enjoyed the non event.

I'm glad City won today, gives us the perfect opportunity to draw first blood and thrash them in the Charity Shield

I don't give a monkeys about the charity shield. I'd rather win our first game of the league season. play the kids in the charity shield before I care.
    Leader of all..master of none..

I actually think VAR will benefit us, as I had the realisation when writing my Virgil thread, that how Klopp has our lads defend means we're actually well ahead of the game, as how we defend is very technical and tactical and aside from wasting time at throw ins and when one of our player is fouled, we don't indulge in the 'dark arts' of defending that so many teams and defenders do, and that those defenders will become a dying breed and their dark arts will cease to be effective as those teams and defenders will begin to frequently penalised through VAR

In that regard and re what I posted numerous times around our Champions League final was that we were beaten the prior season in the final, and came back to win the final the next season and VAR was key to our loss and our victory in the final, had it been in place in the final v Real, Ramos' dark arts would likely have been brought to the referees attention by VAR as there was no attempt to play the ball or interest to play it, but Ramos' sole focus was on getting the player in an arm lock and deliberately falling very heavily on him in an attempt to injure him.

Similarly I frequently posted that the season just gone we just missed out on the premier League title and this next season we can go and win it and again VAR might well be a factor as with City gaining more points than us as a result of it's absence, and our players not reliant on 'dark arts' defending it may well produce the same desired difference and affect that it did in this season's Champions League final compared to last.

I think it's going to make life tough on keepers at penalties, for years the tactic of many keepers has been to dive forward as well as sideways, often just before the taker has kicked the ball to make the angle much narrower, with the new rules for next seaspn the keeper has to have a foot on the line or behind it when the ball is kicked, so keepers are going to have to rely on reflexes, watching body shape and diving as the ball is kicked. More and more penalty takers are likely to employ the stageered run up and slow mo striking of the ball designed to make the keeper dive early and then put the ball the opposite way, as if the keeper moves early away from his line and saves their kick, it'll have to be taken again, if the keeper moves early away from his line and they score, the goal will stand

Seen some City source on a wind up about the ball being 11mm from crossing the line for a goal to us in our 2-1 defeat to them that ultimately cost us the league title, in typical fuckwit fashion they attributed the decision to VAR, when, obviously, it was a goal line technology decision and had VAR been in place last season, we'd have won the league

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Seen some City source on a wind up about the ball being 11mm from crossing the line for a goal to us in our 2-1 defeat to them that ultimately cost us the league title, in typical fuckwit fashion they attributed the decision to VAR, when, obviously, it was a goal line technology decision and had VAR been in place last season, we'd have won the league
    We'll see how many people like it when a VAR decision goes against us.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

takes a fking week to get a decision as well. when the ref runs to the side lines.. I don't like the handballs either..Hows a player gonna get his arm out of the way when the balls fired in at full pelt?. and players will dive more for penaltys.Some angles there will be contact and it will not show the ball. Only the contact with the defender and attacker.. It all depends on what the ref decides from that point of view after viewing the footage.. To me it will be nonsensical and will fail
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    We'll see how many people like it when a VAR decision goes against us.
    Won't bother me, it's there to make sure decisions are correct, you will have people whining that an offside that's the smallest of margins would have been given in previous seasons etc etc etc, but, it's the same for everyone, and will end the arguments about 'they had x amount of goals that were offside' 'we had x amount of goals wrongly ruled out for offside, should have had a pen here, there'

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    takes a fking week to get a decision as well. when the ref runs to the side lines.. I don't like the handballs either..Hows a player gonna get his arm out of the way when the balls fired in at full pelt?. and players will dive more for penaltys.Some angles there will be contact and it will not show the ball. Only the contact with the defender and attacker.. It all depends on what the ref decides from that point of view after viewing the footage.. To me it will be nonsensical and will fail
    Pretty sure VAR will discourage players diving for penalties, because if VAR shows they have, they'll get a yellow card