Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm backing Robbo and Trent

I think Robbo has the most assists from open play again so far this season, Virgil's got four goals all from corners, Hendo has one from a corner, Matip has one from a corner, is there anyone else? Is that right? Only six assists from open play? The lad's slacking
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Robbo chomping at the bit to get after Atletico and talking a lot of sense as usual, if he gets one of those chances he gets quite often in the channel between their RB and RCB he needs to absolutely drill it, low and hard across the keeper into the bottom right hand corner, had one v Watford at 0-0 and tamely hit it at Foster, needs to learn from that and drill it hard and low across the keeper into that bottom right hand corner

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/390071-andy-robertson-atletico-madrid-champions-league

Robbo really needs to practice his shooting as I've been saying all season

Top man Robbo, most of our lads are involved in things like this, I'd like to see more of it and more generosity from them and the club.

They are actually in a unique position to help change society a little for the better, not just with their donations, but by shaming all the wealth hoarders with these acts and to start to reverse the thinking that hoarding all your money and amassing as massive a personal fortune as you possibly can and not giving a stuff about anyone else is cool, it really isn't.

I really like that our lads are doing things like this, they're standing up for decency and values the UK once had and seems to have long since forgotten.

I don't see why the club can't work with the council and build social housing in Liverpool, it would be an absolutely brilliant thing to do and given the incredible profits they've started generating they could do something absolutely incredible for the city with what amounts to pennies to them

I think it could prove to be great for building an incredibly strong economy in Liverpool too, I've always wanted to have the finances to start a 2 tier scheme myself. Build social housing, charge next to nothing in rent, or charge the rent and employ responsible investment bankers (if there is such a thing) to invest that rent money for the tenants. The maximum lease for the social housing is 10 years, but the second tier is affordable housing, at the end of the 10 years or earlier if they wish, the social housing tenants get their invested money back, to use for a deposit on one of the affordable homes.

It would give people an incredible opportunity and the incentive to be able to work themselves out of poverty as council housing used to offer people in the UK. Putting a time limit on their occupancy of the social housing, except for a limited number of homes for the disabled and mentally ill, should help people to have greater drive to seize their opportunity

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/03/andy-robertsons-donation-leaves-mental-health-charity-forever-grateful/

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Top man Robbo, most of our lads are involved in things like this, I'd like to see more of it and more generosity from them and the club.

They are actually in a unique position to help change society a little for the better, not just with their donations, but by shaming all the wealth hoarders with these acts and to start to reverse the thinking that hoarding all your money and amassing as massive a personal fortune as you possibly can and not giving a stuff about anyone else is cool, it really isn't.

I really like that our lads are doing things like this, they're standing up for decency and values the UK once had and seems to have long since forgotten.

I don't see why the club can't work with the council and build social housing in Liverpool, it would be an absolutely brilliant thing to do and given the incredible profits they've started generating they could do something absolutely incredible for the city with what amounts to pennies to them

I think it could prove to be great for building an incredibly strong economy in Liverpool too, I've always wanted to have the finances to start a 2 tier scheme myself. Build social housing, charge next to nothing in rent, or charge the rent and employ responsible investment bankers (if there is such a thing) to invest that rent money for the tenants. The maximum lease for the social housing is 10 years, but the second tier is affordable housing, at the end of the 10 years or earlier if they wish, the social housing tenants get their invested money back, to use for a deposit on one of the affordable homes.

It would give people an incredible opportunity and the incentive to be able to work themselves out of poverty as council housing used to offer people in the UK. Putting a time limit on their occupancy of the social housing, except for a limited number of homes for the disabled and mentally ill, should help people to have greater drive to seize their opportunity

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/03/andy-robertsons-donation-leaves-mental-health-charity-forever-grateful/
    +1
    Some cracking ideas there.

Robbo's been at it again, this time trying to remain anonymous and donating thousands to 5 Glasgow based foodbanks

Top top man

Now he needs a goal in his back garden and to be practicing his fucking shooting really needs to start banging the goals in now

Left hand down reaching over the ball, practice the disguise too, he is apparently a fan of Messi, he should watch some youtubes and look at loads of his finishes, everyone had opinions of what his greatest strength was, for me it was his finishing and the disguise he used to always use.

It is the art of practicing your technique, so your touch out of feet leaves the ball perfectly positioned for you to finish in numerous different ways, once you have that, it is rehearsing and choreographing your body shape as you go to strike the ball, to appear to be attempting one kind of finish but being able to slightly alter your technique at the very last split second to produce a different finish.

Messi was the master of it, if you practice it, it really isn't difficult, ball in the right place, standing foot next to the ball, hand of the striking foot reaching over the ball to be over it and in control of any finish you attempt.

Robbo's best starting point would be shaping for all the world like he's going to drill it low at the near post and his slight last split second in the technique being to drill it across the keeper to the far right hand corner.

You can put the ball anywhere you like with disguise once you have the basics, in that last split second change just as you strike the ball you 'snap' into that position, if you practice it enough you find one of your hands actually points right where you want the ball to go in that last split second 'snap'

Well, first and foremost, let's clear up the Salah 'waiting for an assist from Robbo' business from last season, Mo obviously forgot the peach of a cross he put in for his goal v UAE FC at Anfield

I think both have improved considerably over the last season, Trent needs to buck his ideas up as he's been well short of his best form since the enforced Covid break and has continued that into the new season, his defending has improved leaps and bounds though

Robbo has improved a lot, but he HAS to work on his finishing and/or final ball for when he's found in those advanced positions, he could and should have scored or assisted at least an additional 10-15 goals for us last season from those positions and it remains an area he can vastly improve and his doing so will make us even more formidable as a team.

Today, second game in is the first opportunity so far this season Robbo has had where he simply has to improve and be a lot better and HAS to score or assist, really needs to work on it

He also desperately needs to work on whipping early balls in, in between the opposition defence and keeper or right on the money on one of our lads heads when we quickly win possession back and he gets in wide left with numbers in the box. He had 3 or 4 opportunities to do that today and like every time last season except for that game v City, he took a touch and then went backwards, he needs to practice putting that ball in early, first time with unerring accuracy and consistency.

I'm backing both Robbo and Trent to take a leaf out of Captain fantastic Hendo's book and work as hard as he obviously has and continues to, to further develop their games to be of far greater benefit to the team

Get the fucking FUCK in Robbo lad, about fucking time, first of many this season

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Get the fucking FUCK in Robbo lad, about fucking time, first of many this season
    Does he get an assist for their goal ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Does he get an assist for their goal ?
    No Lacca was offside